This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Everyone Talks About the Weather...

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Everyone Talks About the Weather...

Postby stargazer » May 09, 2013 8:31 pm

We've had a bit of well-needed rain today too. It was warm earlier in the week (Monday was 75F/24C) so I enjoyed the season's first campfire and stargazing session out of town.

But winter isn't quite ready to go quietly into the night; a frost (and probably a freeze) will likely occur early Sunday with yet more snow possible near the North Shore of Lake Superior.

Many state lakes are having record late ice-out dates - kind of a big deal in a big fishing state with the walleye opener coming this weekend.

Edited later: Frost this weekend...followed by forecast highs that could reach 95F/35C next week. Ugh. ;))
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby SnowAngel » May 10, 2013 2:16 pm

It's very springy here, warm and sunny and then cool and rainy and then warm and sunny again. It's currently 65F and very cloudy, it rained earlier this afternoon. However the forecast says it is going to warm and sunny again. It look like it will be sunny and over 80F on my birthday, yuck! :( I was hoping it would be cooler and maybe rain this year.

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby Puddleglum » May 10, 2013 10:33 pm

Looking forward to tomorrow. Nope. No fishing for me stargazer. I gave up on taking part in all that madness long ago. Funny thing about this year though. I usually joke about opening weekend being the only time other than winter that you can walk across the water. ( From one boat to the other ). But this year there are some lakes up north that there may still be enough ice to walk on.
Forcast calls for wind tomorrow. I hope to be driving with it. With gas prices the way they are for the opener I need all the help for mileage I can get.
Puddleglum
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby stargazer » May 11, 2013 9:59 pm

No fishing for me either, Puddleglum.

We've passed 100 pages, so I'll close this thread and redirect our weather conversation to the opening of part 2.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Previous