This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Conga-Rats!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Conga-Rats!

Postby narnia fan 7 » May 16, 2018 3:19 pm

Congratulations to both ValiantArcher and Twig's on your respective anniversaries!
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby stargazer » May 16, 2018 11:28 pm

Congrats to both Valia and Twig's!
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby fantasia » May 17, 2018 7:08 am

Indeed, congrats to both of you. I'm so glad you're both here. :ymhug:
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby johobbit » May 17, 2018 8:24 am

So-o-o glad you are here on the forum for 11 years, Valia, and for 9 years, Twig's! :ymhug: :ymhug:
Congratulations on these milestones. :D :D

Here's a cool celebratory cake: the wardrobe on one side; Narnia on the other!

johobbit

Postby SnowAngel » May 17, 2018 11:15 am

Congratulations to Valia on 11 years and Twig's on 9!!! :-bd

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby ValiantArcher » May 17, 2018 5:15 pm

Thank you, coracle, narnia fan 7, gazer, fk, Jo, and SA! :D I'm really glad to be here.

Ooh, thanks for the impressive cake, Jo! :D
Some days you battle yourself and other monsters.
Some days you just make soup.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby IloveFauns » Jul 20, 2018 6:02 am

I know the past three years I have not been particularly active on here but in August it will be a whole decade! since I joined. My life has changed in those 10 years so much, not only in 2008 was I just in my first year of high school I have now graduated with an honours degree in university and started my PhD six months ago. I do not think thirteen years old me made to wear a school uniform that was secondhand and two sizes too big (I remember soon as i could save enough money I brought my own proper uniform) would have ever thought I would have made it. I never assumed I would even go to university as both of my parents did not finish highschool and we did not have a lot of money. Thirteen years old me did love Narnia and coming on this forum, even if I was at times a bit annoying or angsty. I must say though my choice of username was perhaps not well thought out.

Thank you all :)
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby johobbit » Jul 20, 2018 8:24 am

Dear IlF, I always thought it was really cool you stayed around here for so long. :ymhug: And you're doing your PhD now, fantastic! You were a regular post-er for years and we appreciate(d) your presence here. Btw, I quite like your username. What would you choose now, if you could? Just curious.

Also, I think any of us who began the forum at a younger age naturally had some maturing to do, so no worries there. So glad you have been able to follow your dream. Congrats! Keep us posted as you are able, and we're hoping you can come by again soon. :)

Aaand, congratulations on your entire decade on NarniaWeb! \:D/ Is your PhD focus in pharmaceuticals? (Since I recall that was where you were headed.) If so ...

Voilà! :D ('Though ignore the name on the pocket, lol.)
johobbit

Postby ValiantArcher » Jul 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Congratulations on your impending anniversary, IlF! :D I'm very glad you've stuck around - it's been great to see you grow and mature over these ten years (and I think all of those of us who joined as younger members certainly have some things we would've done differently now - but that's part of growing up on the forum ;)) ).
Congratulations also on graduating from university with an honours degree and starting on your PhD! :D Both of those are wonderful!
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby IloveFauns » Jul 20, 2018 7:41 pm

I was working in a pharmacy during my gap year and undergraduate degree. I did do a semester of pharmacy and decided it wasn't what I wanted to do, so I transferred to Psychology. I think one of the main reasons was I did not enjoy the pharmacy course, I found a lot of the tutors to be over dramatic about the smallest things during those labs and I become way too stressed.

My PhD is in the area of emotion regulation and emotion regulatory behaviours. I am being vague because I do not remember the forum rules all too well and I am not sure it is appropriate to mention the specific behaviours, for younger members but feel free to message me.

To be honest, I am not sure what I would choose now, I am always hopeless with titles. The hardest part of my PhD proposal was coming up with the names of articles I intended to publish.

How are you Jo and Val?
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby coracle » Jul 21, 2018 1:40 am

Hi, and welcome back, ILoveFauns!

Very impressive study record there! Which Uni are you studying at?

Glad you have come back to join us - with keen hopes for news of Silver Chair preproduction soon, we expect to be seeing more new members, and returning members will be warmly welcomed as they help newbies find their feet.

Conga Rats on your anniversary here! :) :) :) :ymhug:
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 23, 2018 5:52 pm

This is belated, but it's great seeing you on NarniaWeb again, IlF! Congratulations on graduating university, and conga rats for your upcoming NarniaWeb anniversary, too. :D I think I remember you posting about Big 5 personality traits in the personality thread several years ago, so it's neat that your field of study has shifted to psychology! Best of luck with your PhD quest!
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby SnowAngel » Oct 25, 2018 11:51 am

10 years to date since I joined NarniaWeb!!! :x :ymparty: \:D/ There are so many amazing people on this forum, I have greatly enjoyed "growing up" here. :) Hanging out on NarniaWeb has been one of the few constants in my life in the last 10 years, so many other things and relationships have come and gone, but here's NarniaWeb and all the fun, amazing people that make it such a great place. :ymhug:

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby ValiantArcher » Oct 25, 2018 6:14 pm

Congratulations on your tenth anniversary, SA! :D I'm very glad you've stuck around! :ymhug:
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby stargazer » Oct 26, 2018 11:06 pm

Congrats, SnowAngel!
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Oct 27, 2018 9:29 am

Belated congrats to you, SnowAngel!! :ymhug: So glad you've stuck around all of these years... here's to ten more! :)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

PreviousNext