This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Threads, Threads, Everywhere!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Threads, Threads, Everywhere!

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Apr 01, 2010 2:32 pm

^or Typhon? :-s
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Apr 01, 2010 4:01 pm

*grovels* Oh great Modess of Cereal! ^:)^
I would like to put in a plea for the Tolkien Thread and From the Desk of Shadowlander. I had Chrispx for breakfast. I offer you the following (please share it with the Powers that Be): Three boxes of Eggo Cereal, a box of Kix, a large box of Raisin Bran, a large box of Cheerios, several boxes of All Bran, freshly baked cut out sugar cookies, applesauce muffins, and banana muffins. Personally, I think we have a few to many threads around here, but on behalf of my fellow NarniaWebbers, (and so the two thread I would like to stay will stay), I offer my services to be a moderator of the Spare Oom so that it can consist of five threads instead of four (that would make one thread per mod).
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Queen Susan » Apr 01, 2010 4:53 pm

*hands over 20 boxes of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs*

http://bdcentral.files.wordpress.com/20 ... 33x256.gif

Enjoy. ;))
Queen Susan
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Whistling Welcomer

Postby ValiantArcher » Apr 01, 2010 7:06 pm

Glenstorm the Great, the new box of cereal is acceptable. A dog? Not many would dare to offer such a creature. I shall let you keep the dog, for I do not suppose it very dear to you. I fear I cannot speak definitively on the matter of dead dogs and shrubs and apple trees.

*inclines ear graciously to Aslanisthebest* Indeed such humble thanks and praise is sweet in and of itself. My dear, though, I would suggest you have a bowl of cereal---it might improve your spelling.

I will indeed accept such offerings from you, PrinceCor004. I shall petition on your behalf before the mods. Do I understand you speak for the rest of your royal, though mortal, family? And I am not at liberty to say what will happen if one offends the mods.

Such a generous offering cannot fail to attract my attention, Pattertwigs Pal. And your kind offer is noted. Though, I think, an answer may have already been found.

Queen Susan, your gift is indeed hard to come by and is a worthy sacrifice.

P.S. Eat more cereal!
Some days you battle yourself and other monsters.
Some days you just make soup.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Apr 01, 2010 7:16 pm

I must admit it's not dear- I do not like dogs very much. If it was a cat that would be precious to me but alas I have no cats. Have I sacrificed enough? If not, what other sacrifice could possibly suffice?
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Heroine of Chivalry » Apr 01, 2010 7:16 pm

I have a question for you, Demeter. Why are you so strongly advocating the eating of cereal? I am not aware of it having any special nutritional value (especially with the sugary things people have been giving you.)
By the way, does oatmeal count? It's inexpensive and not unhealthy so we have it for breakfast every morning. =D
I left Narniaweb for inexplicable reasons in the beginning of June 2010 and probably will not be returning (much as I love this place). So if you're wondering why I disappeared, now you know! (sort of...)
Heroine of Chivalry
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby ValiantArcher » Apr 01, 2010 7:35 pm

For the one thread you wanted saved, Glenstorm the Great, I believe your sacrifices sufficient as I do not wish you reduced to sacrificing neighborhood cats, obnoxious squirrels, unwanted mice, or any other creature.

Heroine of Chivalry, it is because I am the Moddess of the Harvest. And as the harvest is usually largely made up of grain, I wish all my supplicants to enjoy the bounty of cereal. And, yes, oatmeal counts. Did you have a thread you wished to beg for?

P.S. Eat more cereal!
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby Heroine of Chivalry » Apr 01, 2010 7:44 pm

I see. It seems I never thought of coco-puffs as being grain before. :)
No, I don't think so. The Christianity, Religion and Philosophy thread is my favorite, but I almost never have time to read it any more. I'm sure whatever the venerable mods keep or don't keep will be best.
I left Narniaweb for inexplicable reasons in the beginning of June 2010 and probably will not be returning (much as I love this place). So if you're wondering why I disappeared, now you know! (sort of...)
Heroine of Chivalry
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Apr 01, 2010 8:00 pm

Demeter wrote: Such a generous offering cannot fail to attract my attention, Pattertwigs Pal. And your kind offer is noted.

Thank you, oh great modess, for your attention and notice.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby daughter of the King » Apr 01, 2010 8:39 pm

O Wonderous Modess of Cereal! I beg you to hear me speak these three things.
Firstly, I had Kix for breakfast.
Secondly, I humbly offer a box of Multi-Grain Cheerios (which I intended to eat, but now refrain from doing so) for the use of yourself and the other Mighty Mods.
Third and lastly, I hereby humbly implore you to please let the Tolkien Thread remain in the delightful land of Spare Oom. If I did not ask politely enough for your Modessness, then I begs.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Lady Arwen » Apr 01, 2010 10:01 pm

My, I am quite interested in your activity here, my dear Demeter. I would offer you unlimited access to the royal cabinet, but I'm not sure such things as butterfingers would be of interest to you. I am quite curious of this "Cereal" you write of. I do not believe it has ever been found in my realm, unless Hatta found some. Would you be so kind as to enlighten me?
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Fire Fairy » Apr 01, 2010 10:52 pm

O Great, Wonderful, and Wise Demeter, I plead that you keep the Non-Narnian Graphics Thread. It is that thread that keeps me fed with a constant supply of foreign grains that I would not obtain in the Narnian Fan Art Forum.

I did not have any cereal today, but only because I did not have the time, as I had to leave very early in the morning. It also did not help that I have ran out of milk. :(( I would offer you all the cereal I have, but, alas, the only cereal left in my cabinet is Grape-Nuts, as I have consumed Raisin Bran, Frosted Mini-Wheats, and Honey Bunches of Oats within the past few days. I do, however, have a healthy supply of oatmeal and Cream of Wheat that I am also willing to offer.

EDIT: I suggest you watch a video on youtube. Look up "Baman and Piderman". I think the one you will want to see is "Making da Band". I'm pretty sure that's the one with the reference to cereal. I'd offer you the link, but I cannot get onto youtube.
Member of the Dragon Lovers Club. PM FrecklefaceJill to join.

Avy & Sig by Ithilwen--thank you!
Fire Fairy
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Rising_Star » Apr 01, 2010 11:03 pm

Ooooh, cereal? What's that? Is it edible for rabbits to eat? I do like a good carrot when I have the time to find one. . . . Wait a moment, time? What time is it?

Eep! I'm late! I'm late! *dashes off*
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby ValiantArcher » Apr 02, 2010 4:34 am

Well, Heroine of Chivalry, Cocoa Puffs does indeed have grain in it. And your confidence in the mods is well-placed.

Your thanks is noted, Pattertwigs Pal.

daughter of the king, your politeness and offering are both well-offered. *notes the Tolkien thread*

The White Queen, it doest grieve me that you hath never heard of cereal before. I believe this should help enlighten you.

Fire Fairy, it is indeed sorrowful that you have run out of milk. However, your offering of oatmeal and Cream of Wheat is accepted. *marks down the Non-Narnian Graphics thread*

The White Rabbit, I suggest you look at the information provided for the White Queen about cereal. And I shall forgive your shortness, as one should always be on time for appointments.

My supplicants: After many long labors on my part, I have convinced the mods to hear your pleas. They have relented and will remove the rule of only four threads open at a time. So, all threads will be saved and not just the ones you pleaded for. Thankofferings are indeed accepted.

Remember: Be cautious and do not offend the mods.

And eat more cereal!

------
This joke has been made possible in part by the Spare Oom Moderator Team, EtJ and stargazer Inspiration, Rising_Star Graphics, Rick Riordan, and by members like you. Thank you.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Previous