This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Special Feature: TobyMac

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Special Feature: TobyMac

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Mar 18, 2010 8:32 pm

Yeah I've seen concert videos on youtube and he is always dancing and climbing things :p

Probably true, I guess :p

Gotee is awesome! :p
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Mar 19, 2010 1:07 pm

^^ he sure does climb things! I have seen him 3 times at Soulfest (a music festival) and every time, he would climb the rigging that was meant only for the lighting crew! he'll climb up, microphone in pocket, and then hang on by one arm and sing while leaning over the crowd! it's so funny! the first time I saw him do it I was like, "Don't fall, don't fall, don't fall!" :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Mar 19, 2010 2:02 pm

^that would be soooo cool to see live. I saw this one video and his background dancers were on top of these huge green pillars...so cool :D
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Mar 19, 2010 2:07 pm

^^ it's awesome live! and his backround dancer/singers do this thing when they sing the song "The Slam" live: they put out these ramps and run across the stage, run up the ramps, and leap across the stage, high-fiveing each other on the way past in the air! it's awesome! :D
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Mar 19, 2010 2:28 pm

^oh yeah I saw that in a video. Some of his songs sound good live and others don't. Like Boomin' or Ignition. They don't sound as good live as they do on the CD, but they're still cool :D
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby TheGeneral » Mar 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Toby Mac is pretty good, I saw him a few times at that Sonshine festival in Willmar MN. I was 14/15 when I heard him and that got me started on my rap phase that lasted about 3 years.
I haven't heard any of his recent music.
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby narnian1 » Mar 19, 2010 4:33 pm

As you all know Tobymac is touring with Skillet, or will soon begin.
I just saw that this summer he'll be touring with Chris Tomlin- I never saw that one coming. It actually seems like an odd pairing.
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Mar 19, 2010 5:06 pm

^^ yes, he will be with Skillet! but I am so sad because the tour isn't coming anywhere near me! :((
yeah, I never saw the Chris Tomlin one coming either! it probably will be good, but it's an odd pairing! :D
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Aslanisthebest » Mar 19, 2010 5:49 pm

Glenstorm the Great wrote: which song didn't you like? I don't really like Hey Devil...
Ah, really? I rather liked Hey Devil. But the one I didn't like was Captured-- I'm rather fond of the chorus, but not quite the rest. (Mostly because of the tune, the lyrics are perfectly fine. =] )

How neat that you got to meet and talk with TobyMac, Jo! That must have been a special experience. :)
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Mar 19, 2010 5:52 pm

eh, Captured is okay.

I so wish I could go to the Alive Tonight tour but the closest concert already passed and that wasn't even in New England... :(
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby hyaline12 » Mar 20, 2010 1:05 am

Jo, you got to meet him!? *is jealous* I've always thought he seemed like one of the coolest people ever, he's on the list of people I'd love to meet someday.

I saw him live once, but I didn't stay for the whole concert. It was at a youth conference and he was the last concert of the weekend. We left early because we wanted to beat the traffic (plus we had a 5 hour drive home and school the next day). It was just after Portable Sounds came out, so I didn't know much of his stuff and I wasn't really a fan of his yet. Now I wish we'd stayed. :( That concert was what really got me into his music though, and I got to see 'Gone' live, so I am content. ;)

On the subject of Tonight: I really like Captured and Hey Devil. I don't really like Funky Jesus Music though. It's an all right song, it's just not really my style. But I've only listened to it once or twice. In a couple weeks it'll probably be my favourite from the album. That's what usually happens with me. ;)
hyaline12
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Mar 20, 2010 9:38 am

I love the song "Hey Devil"! it's got an awesome beat and it makes me want to dance! :D
my dad actually got to be a security person for a Tobymac meet-and-greet at a concert we went to a year ago when Tobymac was on tour with Jeremy Camp on the Boomin' Beyond Measure tour!
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Mar 20, 2010 6:29 pm

hyaline12: you don't like Funky Jesus Music?!?! I love it! It's practically my fave song on the album :-o :D :p
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Aslans_Jewel » Mar 21, 2010 3:15 pm

I got TMac's Tonight album for my birthday last month, I can't really say which is my favorite song because I usually use it for background music while im doing stuff and have it on vocal fade on my phone :P
Aslans_Jewel
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby 7chronicles » Mar 21, 2010 4:43 pm

I'm really hoping to get to see TobyMac in concert for the first time this year! :) I've never been to any concert, so I'd love to see TobyMac for my first one! :D :p

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby HM Swanwhite » Mar 21, 2010 11:26 pm

Yeah a tobyMac Special Feature. I was thinking of starting one myself. ;)

He is definitely my favourite artist. I only have Portable Sounds though of his albums. I'm not too keen of the style of his previous albums but I will probably get Tonight soon. It's sounds really good - you all seem to love it. I do have City On Our Knees from Tonight though and Catchafire (Whoopsi-Daisy) from one of his earlier albums.

My fave song is Feelin' So Fly. I also love Made to Love, No Ordinary Love, Lose My Soul, Ignition, Boomin', I'm For You, City On Our Knees and I can't remember the rest. Pretty much all the ones I know! ;)

I also love TruDog - he's so gorgeous. Anyone else like him? Toby certainly is pretty youthful for his age and his concerts sound awesome too. B-)

Can't wait to hear Tonight! :D
Go Marina Erakovic!
I've met Michael Apted!!!
Av & Sig by Me. NWeb sis: ForeverFan
HM Swanwhite
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext