This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite Music: Album Two

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Favorite Music: Album Two

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Mar 22, 2010 9:02 pm

Kat wrote:I didn't know that Hoopes played the guitars in Light as Air. There are disadvantages to iTunes...lol. I wish all albums came with digital booklets!

yep, that's why I buy the physical CDs :p . It's a pain not to have the booklets...

A few days ago in the mail I unexpectedly got a $10 iTunes gift card from this radio show that I was on. I downloaded Freelance Whales' album Weathervanes with it. (Kate mentioned them a while ago). I really, really enjoy listening to it. I don't know why exactly, I guess because I find their music very relaxing. They're definitely unique. I love the combination of banjos and synths ;))

cool. What radio show were you on? What were you doing? Btw, what band is on your sig? Anberlin?
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby MissAravis » Mar 23, 2010 7:43 am

Glenstorm the Great wrote:yep, that's why I buy the physical CDs :p . It's a pain not to have the booklets...
It's just much easier for other people to give you gift cards, then you can buy multiple things with it and they don't have to worry about what CDs you specifically want. :P I do like physical CDs though.

cool. What radio show were you on? What were you doing? Btw, what band is on your sig? Anberlin?
It's a radio program called From The Top, for kids (ages 8-18) who play classical music. It's an NPR show. My brother composed a piece for harp and cello, and I played it with a cellist friend of mine. Basically their goal is to get classical music out to a wider audience by making it fun for kids to hear other kids playing and be inspired by them. There are usually like 5 different "acts" on the show, with a variety of instruments/combinations of instruments. On this show there was a trombone quartet, a pianist, a flutist, a cellist, and then us. :P The other kids were so fun to meet and spend time with. I believe this one will air in May or June (not sure yet) so when I find out the exact time you could probably listen and hear us :)
Oh, and it's based in Boston. They tape a lot of their shows there, but much of the time they come out to other states and record.
I was on it last year playing a harp solo, I could PM you the link to that show if you wanted to listen.

Yup, that's Anberlin in my sig. And Nate Young and Stephen Christian in my avatar.
MissAravis
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Queen Susan » Mar 23, 2010 12:34 pm

Ooh, if you could PM me the link of the show you played last year that'd be great, Kat! :) I remember you mentioning it, and I know I wanted to hear it... but it slipped my mind and I didn't know any details anyway. :p
Queen Susan
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Whistling Welcomer

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Mar 23, 2010 12:55 pm

Kat wrote:It's just much easier for other people to give you gift cards, then you can buy multiple things with it and they don't have to worry about what CDs you specifically want. :p I do like physical CDs though.

most people give me Target gift cards, if I get gift cards. Most of the time I get checks. So I buy music with that. I hope I get some iTunes gift cards for my bday though. My wishlist is like $100 worth of stuff :ymblushing: :p

Cool about the show. Aah Boston right by me. *sniffs* that city makes me sad and happy at the same time. Happy-first concert (RK). Sad- Owl City there and I'm going to miss it. But anyway, could I have the link? :)
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Mar 23, 2010 1:32 pm

Kat: I love your avatar and siggy! good pictures of Anberlin! speaking of them, I have been really addicted to their album "New Surrender" lately.....I have been listening to it a lot!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Lark » Mar 23, 2010 11:43 pm

BIG NEWS!!! Tomorrow...well,I guess it's today now. :P Anyways, March 24th at noon EST,the music video for "Vanilla Twilight" by Owl City will be released at http://www.owlcitymusic.com

Kate: With Deas Vail? That sounds like so much fun! I still need to check out concert dates for...well,lots of different roups,really. ;))
Ohio Avenue is coming to a college extremely close to me on April 17th! :D I'd love to go see them! I still need to ask my dad if I can go,though. ;))

Ali: Liar,Liar is a good song. :) Have you listened to anymore of their music? :)

Alrighty,so lately I've been listening to these beauties:

"Devastation and Reform"-Relient K
"Abracadavers"-The Classic Crime
"Shoreline"-Deas Vail(free download on their purevolume!http://www.purevolume.com/deasvail)
"That's What You Get"-Paramore(free download on their purevolume! http://www.purevolume.com/paramore)
"Ignorance"-Paramore
"Brick by Boring Brick"-Paramore
"Paperthin Hymn"-Anberlin
"Done Writing Love Songs"-The Morning Light(the only song of theirs I really like :P)
"Days Like Masquerades"-The Academy Is...
"Never Going Back to Ok"-The Afters
"Clouds"-After Edmund
"Thanks God"-After Edmund

and some Dashboard Confessional and Paper Route.

I should probably stop there. :P But there is this one other group I have simply fallen in love with. :x

He Is We

Rachel's voice is absolutely gorgeous!! Here's a link to their pure volume: http://www.purevolume.com/HEISWE (more freebies there!) And they were chosen as the #1 unsinged band on PureVolume in 2009! I really like "I Wouldn't Mind", "His Name" and "Give it All". Ironically(or not :P)those three are grouped together. ;))

Oh,and in case you couldn't tell,I've been using PureVolume a LOT lately. ;))
Lark
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Mar 24, 2010 9:54 am

^yes I just finished watching the video, and I posted it on my blog! Awesomeness! I lvoe his vids, they're never what you'd expect and very original :x :D

good songs btw, especially the first one ;) . THat's one of my absolute fave songs by RK :)

I heard another song by Ohio Avenue the other day...I can't remember what it was called but it was one reccomended to me...I'll have to listen to more later, I like them :)
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Mar 24, 2010 2:14 pm

there is this band that just came to the music scene called Satellites And Sirens and they have their first CD coming out! they have awesome music, very much like that of Run Kid Run or The Fold or Hawk Nelson!
check out the music video to their hit song "Take Me Back"! :D
http://musicremedy.com/s/satellites-and ... 37052.html
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Mar 24, 2010 3:58 pm

^aah yes. One of their songs was free a couple weeks ago on NewReleaseTuesday.com. I believe I posted a link. And yeah I saw that music video a while ago, you showed it to me actually :p

Ok I have an announcement that might shock you guys. I love Anberlin! I bought a few more of theirs songs and I really like them now! The song that made me fall in love was The Unwiding Cable Car! Lol this happens to me like with every band I like- first I think they're only ok or barely tolerable and then somethinmg clicks and I love them! :D So yeah, now I like Anberlin :)

Btw, Chasen has a song for free single of the week on iTunes. And House of Heroes song In the Valley of the Dying Sun is free on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Valley-Dying-Sun/ ... 419&sr=8-2

The whole EP was free last week so if anyone wants the other two songs shoot me a PM and I can email them to you.

*leaves humming Paper Thin Hymn* :)
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Mar 24, 2010 4:21 pm

Glenstorm the Great wrote:Ok I have an announcement that might shock you guys. I love Anberlin! I bought a few more of theirs songs and I really like them now! The song that made me fall in love was The Unwiding Cable Car! Lol this happens to me like with every band I like- first I think they're only ok or barely tolerable and then somethinmg clicks and I love them! :D So yeah, now I like Anberlin :)

I am not really surprised. you didn't like Skillet for a long time and then loved them, so anything is possible! I recall trying to tell you that "The Unwinding Cable Car" was an amazing song.....and so is "Paperthin Hymn"!
i am glad you like them!
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Mar 24, 2010 6:25 pm

^yeah. I was the same with Switchfoot too :p . And Relient K. Yes I LOVE Paper Thin Hymn :D . So awesome :)
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Mar 25, 2010 1:11 pm

I was just listening to Third Day's CD "Revelation" again and I really like that album! Third Day said at a concert I was at last year that "Revelation" was their favorite CD! pretty cool.....it's my favorite too! :D
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Mar 25, 2010 6:27 pm

^I love that CD! It's my fave too but I love Wherever You Are as well! :D

btw Lark, I downloaded that EP from He is We and also there old demos. Rachel's voice is good, it kinda reminds me of Taylor Swift's but a little rougher. I don't love their music though. Blame it On the Rain reminds me too much of Crush by David Archuletta to be enjoyable, but I do love their version of O Holy Night :)
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby The Pendragon » Mar 25, 2010 7:30 pm

Ok I have an announcement that might shock you guys. I love Anberlin! I bought a few more of theirs songs and I really like them now! The song that made me fall in love was The Unwiding Cable Car! Lol this happens to me like with every band I like- first I think they're only ok or barely tolerable and then somethinmg clicks and I love them! :D So yeah, now I like Anberlin :)

:-o WHAT??? I thought we were in on this together! TRAITOR! :p Just kidding! ;) I guess I'll check out Unwinding Cable Car. :) I kind of like Paperthin Hymn... maybe it'll grow on me. ;))

Oh, & um....
I AM TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH RELIENT K NOW!!! IN FACT I AM COMPLETELY OBSESSED!
hehe... so ya... :p
The Pendragon
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Mar 25, 2010 7:49 pm

^yes!!!!! Join the fun :p ! What songs of theirs have you listened to lately? Btw, sorry about Anberlin ;) . I can't help who I fall in love with though :p
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby MissAravis » Mar 25, 2010 8:05 pm

Ok, I PMed you guys, QS and Glenstorm. :)

Well, you guys made me very happy. I'm glad you like Anberlin, Glenstorm. That didn't take too long! And I'm ecstatic that you are obsessed with Relient K, The Pendragon. :P

Some of the He Is We stuff is way too simplistic (esp. with the piano parts) and it's nothing extraordinary, but then some of it just makes me really happy when I'm feeling down. :)

I really need to stop spending money. At a store the other day I got The Silver Cord by TCC (they didn't have Albatross, otherwise I probably would have gotten that instead). Then on amazon yesterday I got Paramore's Brand New Eyes since it was only 5 dollars. The first track, Careful, I think is probably the best. There are several good ones on there, and a few so-so ones. It's a nice album though.

Next Wednesday I'm going to hear The Rocket Summer since he's headlining in my city. Hot Chelle Rae is the opening band. Apparently they're a dancey-rock sort of band. Anyway, I wasn't sure that I could go because my mom was really wary of the venue (it's at a bar). She finally decided we would go, but if anything gets out of hand she said we were leaving right away. I just hope I can stay for the whole concert.
MissAravis
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext