This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite Music: Album Two

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Favorite Music: Album Two

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Jun 01, 2013 8:56 am

:)

Very cool. I don't have those yet (only Once, Dark Passion Play and Imaginerium). I love Within Temptation and I've heard a few Epica songs so far and really enjoyed them. Thanks!

Louloudi the Centaur wrote:Glad to find another Nightwish fan, Warrior! :)

A lot of my favorite songs come from "Imaginerium" and "Oceanborn". Very good inspiration for fantasy writing and poem writing, if you ask me.

I really like other bands in the symphonic metal category. I'd recommend Within Temptation and Epica for starters.
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Princess Anna » Jun 02, 2013 12:51 pm

Honestly, guys... I feel awful that I haven't looked at all those vids yet. :ymblushing: Someday I will, I promise.

Anyway, yeah... so, more news on the music front where my friends are concerned. :D

BOS
Ok, so after that news was dropped on us, I just had to get to the bottom of this. I mean, they were being very vague... and that is just weird for me. ;)) So, what did I do? I tried messaging Davey on gmail. Nothing. So, I decided to try a different route... and messaged Jake on fb. :p

me, on Friday at 10:54pm
wait, what now? new person? since when? how? OH MY GOSH! what voice part?

*silence*

me, on Saturday at 9:38pm
any approximate idea on when the new video will be coming? "next week" is so vague :p

him, 12:36am today
Hey Andrea, ya we got a 5th member for the sing off audition and we liked him so much that we kept him! He's a great guy, can't wait till y'all can see a show with all 5 of us..the video is "tentatively being dropped by next weekend. We will shoot it this next week!

me, around three hours ago
Cool! Thanks for the info :) oh, right... how'd the audition go?

Blake Breithaupt
Thought you'd want to know... I talked with B a little less than an hour ago. (on fb) And our convo went like this:

me: any news on your EP? :)

Blake: Should be done and released this fall! :)

me: yay! :) ohhh, maybe it'll be ready for my birthday!!!!! Now THAT would be a birthday present :D

So, there ya have it, folks! All the updated news I could get for ya. B-)
Oh, almost forgot... new graphics are in non-narnian if anyone is interested. ;)

Edit:
Earlier, I wrote:oh, right... how'd the audition go?

Well, I just heard back!

Jake, at 5:42pm
Your welcome. The audition went very well! We will see what happens! We will know for sure by next Saturday.

me, at 5:43pm
exciting :)
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus
the Resident Troublemaker

Postby SnowAngel » Jun 06, 2013 4:42 pm

Cool, Princess! :D

A couple of weeks ago I preordered Building 429's We Won't Be Shaken which was released on Tuesday the 4th. It came in the mail today, so excited! It is very good. It is a little bit loud which my Mom doesn't like and my big brother will. :D Right now I am listening to Revolution. :)

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby Princess Anna » Jun 07, 2013 7:17 pm

Sounds interesting, SnowAngel!

Ok, so... about four days ago (?) I finally was able to reach Davey on gmail. We had a decent sized conversation, but I'll only post the bit relevant to you and this thread. ;)

me:
so... what voice part does this new guy sing? and how did you find him? all Jake would say is that you got him for the audition and decided to keep him. lol

Davey:
he's a tenor and we found him on facebook
not facebook
craigslist

me:
isn't that how you found Jake? and wow, another tenor... what's that like, not being the only one anymore?

Davey:
yup. exactly how we found jake. and its really nice. Gives JEsse and I a break every now and then

me:
what... you need a break? :p Glad he can give you guys a well deserved break now and again :)

Davey:
well a person can only sing in the highest part of their range for so long....so adding another tenor gives me a break between songs
((I remember thinking "well, for the entire run of B.I.G. choir you were our only tenor, and did fine..." but didn't say that. :)) ))

me:
true. and you deserve one. wow... I'm curious how it'll sound with two tenors
Well, we don't have to wait to find out! I mean, I did... but you don't have to!

The guys released their new video tonight. So, without further ado, here is the first video to have Beck Martin as part of BOS!
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus
the Resident Troublemaker

Postby SnowAngel » Jun 26, 2013 2:29 pm

I heard this new Stellar Kart song on SpiritFM last week, it is the most recently added song to my list of favorites. :)

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby De_De » Jul 10, 2013 2:34 pm

Anyone hear Skillet's new album "Rise"? I just loved it, a definite step up from Awake. I really like the spirit of the albulm, it as this aliveness to it. Anyone who hasn't heard it yet, I really suggest you get it. It is awesome!
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

Postby smartypants » Jul 15, 2013 3:37 pm

De_De, I' have not heard their new album but if I'm being completely honest I've never been a big fan of theirs. I don't hate them but I don't love them either. :)

Has anyone heard Relient K's new album? I have always loved them and was really looking forward to this album but I'm not sure how I feel about it. Thoughts?
smartypants
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby RubyGamgee » Jul 17, 2013 10:43 am

smartypants, I have always really loved Relient K too! I'm still not sure what to think about their new album. I really enjoy how their sound has evolved. I think the pop sound really works with Matt T's voice. But some of their lyrics are just...questionable. To the point where, sometimes, I feel like I'm listening to a completely different band. I wouldn't completely give up on their music. Some of their songs on their new album are still really fun to listen to. My personal favorites right now are "Can't Complain" and "Lost Boy". :P But yeah...I'm kind of with you on the "whatever happened to Relient K?"

Have any of you heard of Jenny & Tyler? They are pretty new to the music/Christian music scene, but they are rapidly making their way up my list of favorite artists ever. The depth and creativity of their lyrics pretty much exceeds most Christian artists and their sound is so fun, often really acoustic with a touch of pop and soft rock. Some of my favorite songs from them right now include "One Eyed Cat", "The Past Don't Own Us Anymore", and "Skyline Hill".

Another newer/obscure artist I've been getting into recently is the band Future of Forestry. I don't really know how to describe what they sound like because it varies depending on what song you are listening to. Sometimes they sound really bubbly and poppy or acoustic and at other times they sound really techno and electronic and...some of their songs lean more towards rock. The band members themselves are absolutely brilliant, which is kind of why I fell in love with their music. The lead plays this accordion keyboard thing as well as guitar and the other members play a variety of instruments including mandolin, guitar, drums, and...cello! Makes for a beautiful collaboration. Some favorites of mine from their Travel EP Series include "Slow Your Breath Down", "Set Your Sails", and "Close Your Eyes". All of their lyrics are as artistic and creative as their music...as well as clean. I am pretty sure they are Christians since they specifically reference Jesus in several of their songs, but I haven't done a whole lot of research on the members' beliefs or religious backgrounds...

For anyone who likes Audrey Assad, she is currently giving away two free tracks on NoiseTrade.com, one a single from her new album, and the second track is her version of "Come Thou Fount". Both are beautiful, of course! I wouldn't expect anything less from her. :)

It's good to be back on one of my favorite threads ever!

God bless and hopefully I will see you all on here again. :)
blog | graphics | youtube channel
member of the Tenth Ave. North club
Keeper of the Secret Magic
1 Peter 3:15
RubyGamgee
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby UltimateSchweetWarrior » Jul 19, 2013 1:35 pm

De_De, I have. I really like it, too. I like all of the songs in Rise, but I only liked four of the songs in Awake. I definitely think Rise is better than Awake.
UltimateSchweetWarrior
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Aslanisthebest » Jul 19, 2013 2:38 pm

Ruby, I've been seeing things of both Jenny & Tyler and Future of Forestry. The former I heard about through JJ Heller, who apparently knows them and is associated with them musically. I like her music, so I'll check them out!

And same with Future of Forestry. I found them I believe while lurking around on Indie Youtube suggestions (I came upon one video that had a plethora of new indie artists but I couldn't listen then - now I'm kicking myself for not bookmarking the video! :P) Mandolins, cellos, guitar, and drums are the instruments ensembles my heart fangurls over, so I'll just have to hear them!

The latest new band I discovered was The Oh Hello's. I've been into an indie rock mood, and their music hit the spot. They are indie folk/indie rock. The sound is a lot like Mumford & Sons, except the melody is a bit smoother. My favourite songs are the Narnia-themed (!!! :D ) "The Lament of Eustace Scrubb" which is lovely - violins, guitar, and other wild-sounding instruments that I can not identify but whose sound I adore. ;))
Another one that I really liked by them was "Second Child, Restless Child." The harmony at the end is gorgeous.

I've kind of been listening to Mumford and Sons and have enjoyed some songs, specifically "I Will Wait" and "Home."
Additonally, a little bit Regina Spektor. The Prayer of Francois Villon.... :ymdaydream: I wish I could speak and understand Russian; it feels so deep, raw, and real, yet delicate.
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Lady Haleth » Jul 25, 2013 3:16 pm

Since someone mentioned Skillet's new album, I thought I'd share this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njJ7NZMH70M
The little girl and the lion are definitely reminding me of Narnia.
The glory of God is man fully alive--St. Iraneus
Salvation is a fire in the midnight of the soul-Switchfoot
Lady Haleth
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby SnowAngel » Jul 25, 2013 4:23 pm

We recently add four new albums and three more artists to our music library. We got Come To The River by the Rhett Walker Band, Life Is Beautiful by The Afters, Crave by For KING & COUNTRY, and Morning Rises by Aaron Shust.

I bought Crave, I love the singles - The Proof of Your Love and Middle of Your Heart - the rest of the CD is pretty good. It is worth the $5 I paid.

My older brother purchased both Come To The River and Life Is Beautiful. I love both CDs! Come To The River reminds me of Missouri, because I hear the title track on the radio a lot when we lived there. B-) Life Is Beautiful is great! I love so many of the songs on this CD. I have tons of ideas for music videos with family pictures and songs from LIB. :)

Scarlet has four of Aaron Shust's CDs, so Morning Rises is part of her little music collection. It is a excellent CD, but then all of Aaron Shust CDs are excellent. :D

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Jul 25, 2013 9:41 pm

EISLEY

Eisley's new CD has been out for a few months now. Why did nobody tell me? It's a great ocean/water-themed album entitled "Currents".

If you enjoy quality folk/rock, give it a listen here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yce_EDt ... APwRq86ddl
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby RubyGamgee » Aug 01, 2013 7:59 am

Bella, you will have to let me know what you think once you check out both Jenny & Tyler and Future of Forestry. :)

The Oh Hello's sound like the kind of music I would like! I'll have to look them up. :D

I'm glad you like Mumford & Sons...a lot of my friends really enjoy their music while others can't stand listening to it. And then some are a bit skeptic toward their music because some of their lyrics are seemingly cynical towards God and religion.

I haven't really researched the band members' personal beliefs. I've read a few random articles about them in magazines like World and Time. I kind of avoid researching backstories and beliefs concerning celebrities. More than often they are disappointing and I would rather simply appreciate art and music at face-value.

I just bought Andrew Peterson's newest album Light for the Lost Boy! I am already loving it. Musically and lyrically, his music is always good, but this album definitely is a step up from his previous albums. :) I highly recommend it.
blog | graphics | youtube channel
member of the Tenth Ave. North club
Keeper of the Secret Magic
1 Peter 3:15
RubyGamgee
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby AslansChild » Aug 06, 2013 7:18 pm

Less than one week until Audrey Assad's new CD comes out.
Anyone else as excited as myself? :ymblushing:

Some other music I've been liking lately,
Priscilla Ahns song for the soundtrack on Pacific Rim, Mako,
Imogen Heap. & a newly discovered artist, Dia Frampton. Is anyone familiar with her music?

I also heard this song by Rachel Platten, and it reminded me very much of Regina Spektor's Folding Chair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r61LFkzKzQQ
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby SnowAngel » Sep 27, 2013 4:25 pm

To say my family loves music might be an understatement! We have lots of music and nearly every month get two or three new CDs. It's kind of crazy, since only two of my siblings actually play instruments.

In past few months we have added Audio Adrenaline's Kings and Queens, Stellar Kart's All In, Ashes Remain's What I've Become, Brandon Heath's Don't Get Comfortable, and a Big Daddy Weave collection to our music library.

I love Kings & Queens. I wasn't sure if I would love the whole CD, but I do. It is great! :D

Ashes Remain reminds me a little of Kutless. My brother is totally loving their CD, he was in need of some new rock music! ;) I like it too, but since I have only heard the CD like three times - it's a little bit soon to say how much I like it. :)

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

PreviousNext