This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Growing Pains: Feedback on the New Forum

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Growing Pains: Feedback on the New Forum

Postby FencerforJesus » Sep 05, 2009 9:07 am

Got off for a while and am back. I still can't get to SO directly from the forum index. It gives me an Error 404 message and gives me a link back to the old forum site. But I can still navigate through the forum jump. Doesn't make sense. The only thing I can think of is that I've spent most of my time on NWeb at SO and GMD, so the cookies haven't adapted yet. In either case, I am on so I am happy.
Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Rising_Star » Sep 05, 2009 10:40 am

Kate wrote: Why is there no laughing/giggling emoticon? I miss the previous one and even the sniggering one used in the chatroom.

There is, you just have to click "View more smilies" to find it. Or you could just put "; ) )" and you'll get ;)) (if you take out the spaces). :)

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby Jill_of_Narnia » Sep 05, 2009 10:56 am

I like the new site, although it will take a little getting used to! I'll miss the old NW but I'm sure I'll get used to this. The transition of my acount went fine, so I'm pretty happy. I don't care for the new smilies though.
"The term is over: the holidays have begun. The dream is ended:this is the morning."
     And as He spoke, He no longer looked to them like a lion.
Jill_of_Narnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Queen Susan » Sep 05, 2009 12:24 pm

Oh good, a laughing emoticon!! ;)) I was missing the old "lol" one immensely. :-((

Other then missing the old forum just a tad, the new one has been splendid! I need to get used to the new codes for quoting people, etc, and a few more little details, but so far nothing has been causing trouble.

Thank you for all the hard work you've all done!!! #:-s I'll try not to complain. Ever. ;-) :-D

(Edit: Post 5252) ;-)
Queen Susan
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Whistling Welcomer

Postby Steerforth » Sep 05, 2009 12:39 pm

Congratulations on the relatively smooth transition. Rotten Tomatoes recently did a major upgrade that was supposed to last 4 days, and took a month, so your estimate was pretty good. I like the look a lot. One thing, though, and I don't mean to be overly critical, but the 'Community Forums' banner/graphic just doesn't look that nice. Not as nice as everything else, at least. I know the font is supposed to look "rough", but it has the effect of looking more like a graphic that was rendered without anti-aliasing. It's too big, unattractive, and detracts from the rest of the (very handsome) design. Apologies to whomever made it. Not trying to be mean. Just giving feedback.
"This is no thaw. This is Spring! Your winter has been destroyed. This... is Aslan's doing!"

SuntoryTimes
Steerforth
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby princess_of_narnia » Sep 05, 2009 1:38 pm

My computer is still logging me out, both on the forum and in chatroom. Is there anyway I can fix this problem?
Sig by ski_hi_flier Avvy by campgirl
princess_of_narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narniagirl90 » Sep 05, 2009 1:40 pm

I'm loving the new site and forums!! Everything seems more streamlined than before :)
I really like the new "post a reply" area. It makes posting a lot easier for me. :)
And the colors are so similar to the old site which makes it feel more like home!

A big thank you to all the mods for the time and effort that you've put into this site :ymhug: :D

My Livejournal

NW sibs: Pevensie#5 & georgiefan1
narniagirl90
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby nz_narnia_nut » Sep 05, 2009 2:20 pm

Queen Susan wrote:Oh good, a laughing emoticon!! ;)) I was missing the old "lol" one immensely. :-(

Does this bring back some memories? --> Image
oh and theres this one as well... :))

Massive thanks to all the mods and admins who have worked on the new site- you've done an awesome job :ymapplause:

*decides to remove self from smilies toolbar*
*scurries off to keep looking around forum* =p~
...darn it, there goes another! I just can't resist...
nz_narnia_nut
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Aslans_Jewel » Sep 05, 2009 2:20 pm

AWESOME! I like just about everything, except for the cursive/fancy writing at the top, thats a little too fancy for an informal community, it makes it seem more like it has to be fancy and expensive. ;)

I was really worried that it wouldnt be all it was cracked up to be, great job mods!! #:-s
Aslans_Jewel
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnian1 » Sep 05, 2009 2:41 pm

I gotta say,
I was worried about the change that would be occurring however I think I like this look much better, it's similar but still different. It's a drawback to have to re-start the forum talk but it's also good for those of us who haven't posted much, gives us a chance to start fresh discussions right along the rest.
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby FencerforJesus » Sep 05, 2009 3:21 pm

It appears that my bug has worked itself out. For the first time I was able to get onto the SO directly. It was just a matter of getting my computer's cookies to adapt to the new page instead of the old one.
Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby checkers » Sep 05, 2009 3:51 pm

Oh my goodness, I'm seeing things backwards!!! :-o I think I need a doctor. :p I love the new forum! It'll take some time to get used to (and I can't find my PM box) but it's really awesome! Great Job!! :ymapplause:
Co-president of the BGMCA club. <--- don't remember what that was but I left it for the nostalgia
Buds: 5, Twin Blank! <--- also don't remember who Twin Blank was. Find me if you're out there, lost one.
checkers
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Valiant_Lucy » Sep 05, 2009 4:55 pm

checkers, your Inbox is located just above the title of this thread. :P It says:
User control panel (0 new messages)--or something like that. :)
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe
Valiant_Lucy
Moderator Emeritus
The IMAR&NB mod

Postby ALittleMoreSonic » Sep 05, 2009 5:27 pm

I'm not sure my account transferred properly. :-s I seem to need moderator approval for my posts again. I did have to re-register here, but I thought that was normal... I'd appreciate it if someone looked into it. :) Thanks!
ALittleMoreSonic
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby aslanshow » Sep 05, 2009 5:33 pm

The new forum looks great guys - thanks for working so hard! I'm really excited about the new NarniaWeb.
Music is what feelings sound like.
- Author Unknown
aslanshow
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby SnowAngel » Sep 05, 2009 5:40 pm

Looks great! Good job, Tirian and everyone else, who worked so hard on the new NarniaWeb.

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

PreviousNext