This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Evil and Dark Lair of the LoESRM

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The Evil and Dark Lair of the LoESRM

Postby wolfloversk » Dec 10, 2010 2:30 pm

Libby, Are the links in your post? because if they are they're not showing up on my computer for some reason :(
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby daughter of the King » Dec 10, 2010 8:00 pm

If there are links, they are not showing up my computer either. Is there a technical problem or have the gremlins struck Libby's post?

We have internet! I'm still behind on everything, but I'm mostly caught up on the movie clips. Still have a few behind the scenes videos to watch and the podcast to listen to though.

On the clips: Dragon Eustace looks even worse than I thought he would. He doesn't look unreal or anything like that, but he just isn't a dragon. The Lucy reading the book scene felt really fast. I hope it isn't that fast in the movie. And the snow spell looked really random. Oh well.

Tomorrow I shall attend the Great Viewing with my sister who is unofficially one of us, the Spoiled Rotten Masterminds, and together we shall achieve full enlightenment in the theater. I was essentially spoiler-free for the first two films and I strongly disliked both of them after the first viewing. I can only hope that by living as a spoiler-filled minion I have fully prepared myself for this, the third installment of the Great Viewing of our beloved Chronicles of the land of Narnia, and that I shall not be shocked by anything I see on the screen. I have greatly enjoyed my time spent in this, the Dark Tower, and the minions and Dark Overlord I have spent my days with (when I wasn't studying of course).
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby outlier » Dec 12, 2010 2:33 pm

So what do we do once the Great Viewing is over?
Signature by Tarkheena, Avatar by Ithilwen
Sneaky Ninja of the Lurkers Club
outlier
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby aragorn2 » Dec 13, 2010 7:17 am

If this be the end of the Narnia films, what is to become of our glorious Lair, searching out the spoilers on the Hobbit?
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby outlier » Dec 13, 2010 5:23 pm

For the hardcore spoiler people who haven't seen the movie yet:

http://themoviespoiler.com/Spoilers/chr ... eader.html
Signature by Tarkheena, Avatar by Ithilwen
Sneaky Ninja of the Lurkers Club
outlier
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby wolfloversk » Dec 13, 2010 7:47 pm

Ahh, 'tis the type of thing I promised meself to avoid, hooray for pilgrimness!

*closes eyes and walks away*
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Puddleglum » Dec 16, 2010 10:27 pm

Comes trudging in with mutant mutts Kermit, and Poppa Smurf, both of whom go into a corner and collapse in exhaustion. the Marsh-wiggle plops down in the nearest well-padded chair, and holds his head.
OOOOOHHHHHHH my poor noggin'
Has anyone an asperin, or a cold pack about? Never, never shall I eat of human confections again! I must have worn off two layers of skin running about wearing off the sugar, and chocolate rush from all those s'mores.
Now that I can finally sit I must ask who believes that there will be an effort to make the next book into film? To be honest I am biased, and would enjoy a film made from it. But given the latest film's veering from the bookthe green mist was much over-done, and compleatly un-nesessary. People being "sacrificed" to it, only to re-appear once it was defeated? Comlpeatly useless distraction from the original plot of the book. can we expect an hoest adaptation?
Puddleglum
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 17, 2010 2:02 pm

I love the movie! I have already seen it twice!
:D
it's so so so epic! I love every moment of it! it's amazing/awesome/cool!
go see it!
it's a must see for anyone!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby MountainFireflower » Dec 17, 2010 9:01 pm

If I wasn't already spoiled, I'd be joining this league right about now. I am now ultimately spoiled after seeing the movie. *cue victorious trumpets*

Overall, I really liked it. There were things I didn't like, such as the whole green mist thing which seemed underdeveloped (although I understand why they put it in). But there were so many amazing things about it! Eustace was perfectly done; I loved the relationships between Caspian and Edmund and Eustace and Reepicheep; and the farewell scene was beautiful. So while the movie stunk as an adaptation, it still retained the spirit of the book in my opinion. What did my fellow minions think? This is the Spoiled Rotten Lair, after all! I expected more discussion to be going on, now that we are all officially spoiled rotten. Our dark halls have been deserted as of late...

Puddleglum, I think they just took the Dark Island from the book and expanded on it. It wasn't nearly as bad as I though it would be but it was still distracting and I wish they had done a better job at it.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Puddleglum » Dec 17, 2010 10:07 pm

MountainFireFlower.
I must agree about the Dark Island. they could have still used the serpent, just had it attack after they rescued Lord Rhoop. They had already been alluding to Edmund thinking of serpents.
Puddleglum
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby wolfloversk » Dec 18, 2010 1:19 pm

My problem wasn't so much the mist and the swords as it was the character development. If they had done a better job at that and added a good 30-40 minutes to the movie, I'd be happy, not thrilled but happy.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Puddleglum » Dec 20, 2010 8:18 pm

I must agree about character. While Lucy, and her desire to be beutiful was a given, I would have lked for them to have done better with Edmund. The childish way he was portrayed was a let down.
Granted, being trapped in a house with a total bore of a cousin would even test a marsh-wiggle's patience. but he has the title of Edmund the Just. One would expect him to live up to that.
On a nother thought.
So you hope for three films?
How about all at once? It has been done with LOTR.
Puddleglum
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby narnian_at_heart » Dec 22, 2010 4:57 pm

Alas, I have not been in here in a long time. I wish to stay here but I don't come in here at all anymore and I don't read any posts anymore.

Before the movie came out, it was ok but now that the movies out, there are too many spoilers. I don't want to know everything about the movie before I get a chance to see it.

Perhaps you were right, Grand High Dark Overlord, mercenaries are fickle. Anyway, since the movie is out, this place will probably be shut down soon.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Puddleglum » Dec 22, 2010 7:59 pm

narnian-at-heart.
Truth be told I do expect this thread, as well as the Monastary, and Middle Way to become rather quiet. Perhaps a little musty, from lack of use, and the food in here will spoil after awhile.
Puddleglum
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 23, 2010 6:16 pm

haha this thread is nearly pointless because we are all spoiled rotten :P
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Ithilwen » Dec 23, 2010 9:04 pm

Yes, it is becoming rather pointless... However, there was one question I wanted to ask everyone at the end of everything. And that is ---

*drumroll*

Do you regret, or are you glad of, the side that you joined? When the next movie comes round, would you join LoESRM again, or do you think it was a mistake and that you will join the Monastary or Middle Way next time?

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

PreviousNext