This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Growing Pains: Feedback on the New Forum

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Growing Pains: Feedback on the New Forum

Postby wolfloversk » Oct 21, 2010 3:53 pm

king caspian wrote:Yeah he was talking about uploading from your computer because my friend and I were having trouble with photobucket and uploading from computer.

Oh, so you're saying we are talking about two different problems then?
That makes more sense. Sorry for the misinterperatation.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Ithilwen » Oct 28, 2010 9:46 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right board to ask this, but I had a question... Is there any way to change your username on NarniaWeb, without getting a whole new account and starting over again? Because I've grown to absolutely hate my username, haha, but I don't want to lose my post count, etc.

Is there a way?

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby DamselJillPole » Oct 30, 2010 12:18 pm

I was wondering that same thing too E+J I've seen some moderators on here switch back and forth with their changing their usernames for some things. Maybe if you try sending an e-mail to fantasia_Kitty or Tirian about it they might try to something for you, then again I don't know. But it's worth to try it. :)
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby amarlie24 » Dec 05, 2010 11:44 pm

^^ Thanks for the help with the sig there Mods, And actually I don't have anything I mean any pics to upload. But then can I ask someone to do it for me since quite busy to do it?..Thanks..
amarlie24
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby stargazer » Dec 09, 2010 5:58 pm

Many of our members enjoy graphics and would be delighted to help out. Consider posting your request in either the Non-Narnian Graphics thread (last page linked here) or in any of the Narnian signature threads in the Fan Art section.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby wolfloversk » Dec 09, 2010 6:02 pm

I have a few questions:
1) Out of curiosity- What happened to the Countdown Clock?
2) Is there anyway you can access the fan reviews that were already written, I could do it on the old site, but I can't seem to find a link...
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Lady_Liln » Dec 12, 2010 1:24 pm

Old reviews (PC and LWW) are here.
Lady_Liln
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wolfloversk » Dec 13, 2010 2:06 pm

Lady_Liln, Thank you very much!

I wish we could add our reviews here though... For all of them, maybe even the BBC series and animated one.

Any news on the avie problem?
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Ithilwen » Dec 23, 2010 9:09 pm

I was wondering, a lot of the graphics aren't showing on NarniaWeb. It will just show a little red X, or nothing. Then other times, I'll go to the same picture, and it will be showing. :-\ A good example of this is the Fetch thread. I only get to see half the pictures posted there.
Is this a problem with the site, my internet, or my computer?

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby MinotaurforAslan » Dec 23, 2010 9:24 pm

On the archived version of the old forum, I can only see topics that were sticky. Is there any way to see topics that weren't?
MinotaurforAslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Dec 25, 2010 6:31 pm

MinotaurforAslan wrote:On the archived version of the old forum, I can only see topics that were sticky. Is there any way to see topics that weren't?

I'm pretty sure the reason why only the stickies show up is because the "show topics" setting (at the top of the screen under the subforum heading) is set to "Last Month" by default. If you change it to "Any Date," you'll be able to see any topic created since the beginning of the forum. :)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Ithilwen » Dec 26, 2010 11:37 pm

The Member Chat gets really glitchy a lot of the time. Sometimes, when you switch channels, it will show half of the first channel and half of the second. So you're like in two places at once...
And it freezes a lot.

Any way to fix this?

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Aurora » Apr 10, 2011 1:44 pm

I have a feeling that the Member Chat runs on Java?? :-\ So, maybe you need to update the Java software on your computer. Just go to the Java website. :D
Aurora
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby wolfloversk » Apr 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Aurora, It's Ajax- I don't know if that has to do with Java or not but I do know that Ithy is far from the only person with these problems. It's extremely common, most members have had some sort of chat issue at somepoint, often frequently.

Last I checked the avatars still weren't uploading, I notified a mod and apparently it had been fixed, but the same problem occured again. :(

Another note if anyone ever experiences the same channel switching problem that Ithy mentioned above (I know of at least 4 people, including her and myself that this has happenned too) Logging off and back on to the chat should fix it.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby wolfloversk » Apr 25, 2011 6:11 pm

*apologizes for double posting, but its been two weeks and I think you'll want to see this*

Today the chat glitched on me again. Its very similar to what we mean when we say it gets scrambled (that is, being half on one channel half on another) except it is slightly different in that it occurs on what like to call "The Non-Existent Channel" which is signified by "---" on the channel menu. Normally us normal users don't have access to it (it has been theorized that this might have something to do with the mod-only channel(s). However occasionally if the chat gets scrambeled or glitches a certain way we will end up half on it half on another channel. This typically occurs upon either a) logging on or b) attempting to access the non-existent channel.

What happenned exactly is this:
I didn't post a while on the chat and it kicked me off (ie just logged me off, it didn't fully shut down), so I proceeded to log back in. However, when I did I realized the chat was glitched and that although I was seeing the conversation in Spare Oom, the channel that was listed was "---". Also the user panel was weird in that my normal menu wasn't up and my username was at the bottom of the list.

I took screenshots to make a comparision. I blurred out the conversation for safety and privacy, and I highlighted the changes I noticed. Because of the large size I made a cropped version. The cropped version shows all the important details I noticed.

Click the image to make it bigger...
Full version:

Cropped version:

A few more things, I'm afrain I can't remember if the menu will be changed when situation b is true (that is when it glitches if a user tries to get on the non-existent channel), the other change is however. Again this is the special circumstances scenario, for the Non-Existent Channel scrambling... Normally it occurs in the fashion that myself and EJ mentioned above, although this is common as well (in fact I believe this has actually happenned to me more frequently). In both situations however the problem is typically fixed by logging off and back on again.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Apr 28, 2011 2:00 pm

the wierd thing is that when I click on chat, I get logged out of narniaweb and then when I try to just log into chat, it logs me out right away and then I try all over again and it just does the same thing. anything I can do about this?
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

PreviousNext