This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

April Fools: Who's Who of HobbitWeb!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Who's Who of HobbitWeb!

Postby daughter of the King » Apr 01, 2012 8:36 pm

*bows to all who guessed her identity correctly* I must know though, did you know it was me because of my previous posts or because I wasn't acting like the real Lady Arwen?
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Ithilwen » Apr 01, 2012 8:40 pm

daughter of the King wrote:*bows to all who guessed her identity correctly* I must know though, did you know it was me because of my previous posts or because I wasn't acting like the real Lady Arwen?

It was the posts. ;) You did a fine job, as far as I could see. :)

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby TheGentleWarrior » Apr 01, 2012 8:48 pm

WHOA Ithy, you were
Selena Gomez and Marcia Brady
?! I never would have guessed! :P You did a lot more than I thought. :P

You were the
Tenth Doctor
too... eep! I stink at this. :P I only guessed maybe a few.

In case no one has figured it out already, I was indeed:

Barney the dinosaur
Laura Ingalls Wilder

How did you guys guess I was
Barney?! I thought no one would figure it out! It's not like I obsess over him or anything. Was it the purple font?! I figured he's a purple dino, it wouldn't be obvious, lol.

Nice job everyone. I had great fun this year! :D
Proud ballet dancer!
4/23/12 - First triple pirouette en pointe!
TheGentleWarrior
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wolfloversk » Apr 01, 2012 8:51 pm

daughter of the King wrote:*bows to all who guessed her identity correctly* I must know though, did you know it was me because of my previous posts or because I wasn't acting like the real Lady Arwen?

Intuition... It wasn't you, I just had a feeling that Lady A would certainly change her username... and it seemed like the perfect prank to play: pretending to be another mod... Though I never did get so far as to figure out that it was you dot, only that you weren't her.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Apr 01, 2012 8:55 pm

Okay, time to 'fess up. ;))

I was the characters Katniss Everdeen and Sara on chat today. . . I was NOT responsible for all the duplicate The_Rose-Tree_Dryads, though! I had nothing to do with that madness! I am a victim of identity theft!! :P

And can I just say right now that Mountie is a total ninja? ^:)^ I had no idea she was ANY of the characters she played over the past two days. =))
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Ithilwen » Apr 01, 2012 9:06 pm

TheGentleWarrior wrote:How did you guys guess I was
Barney?! I thought no one would figure it out! It's not like I obsess over him or anything. Was it the purple font?! I figured he's a purple dino, it wouldn't be obvious, lol.

It was not the font. XD For me, I walked in on a conversation you were having with someone (Weir?), and I saw you mention that you were going to log out in a bit and start your "LH joke". I already knew you were doing Laura Ingalls, since I made your avvie. So, yeah... that's how I knew. ;))

Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Narnia_Fan12 » Apr 01, 2012 9:26 pm

I suppose I should confess as well. :P

So... I was myself (Narnia_fan12), Narnia_fan12 (with a funny i), The Riddler (KILL THE BATMAN!!! :P) and I tried to become a Rose duplicate. Named The_Rose-Tree Dryad, but was quickly banned. :P Anyways, fun day everyone :P
Narnia_Fan12
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Ithilwen » Apr 01, 2012 9:38 pm

Narnia_Fan12 wrote:I tried to become a Rose duplicate. Named The_Rose-Tree Dryad, but was quickly banned. :P Anyways, fun day everyone :P

Ditto. ;)) I was told after it happened that's it's against the rules to imitate people on here. I knew people weren't supposed to imitate mods, but I wasn't aware that imitating regular members was against the rules. :-\ Is that rule new? I hadven't heard it before, that I remember. :-s I wouldn't have done it otherwise.

Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby wolfloversk » Apr 01, 2012 9:44 pm

Well I was me and... the various gremlins that used my account including but not excluded to the Gremlin King, the Head of the Gremlin Council, Gremlin # 1, The Gremlin Cook, The Gremlin Detective, and the Prisoner Gremlin.

But no alternate accounts for me ;)
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Aslanisthebest » Apr 01, 2012 10:32 pm

Haha, everything's making sense now and thank God, narniaweb's back to normal! (except, currently, for the description under the large narniaweb.com sign. ;)) )

starkat wrote:Due to offline life, I will confess that yes... I was Daisy Gamgee for the day. Just out of curiosity, how did you guys figure me out?
Like wolf, the Pet's Blog clued me in. I was looking in it the day before and had remembered something you said to ramagut, so that's how I figured. ;))

daughter of the King wrote: *bows to all who guessed her identity correctly* I must know though, did you know it was me because of my previous posts or because I wasn't acting like the real Lady Arwen?
Your behaviour was definitely right-on, I wouldn't have guessed it was you, but I didn't think you were Lady A because I think she had hers changed already...? I'm not sure. I only guessed it was you because I was on during the time you were changing your profile. I saw a new mod--"Lady" and recognised the profile when I clicked it. :ymblushing: I double-checked by seeing your old posts.

Riella, you were Marcia Brady?!? Those are some great impersonating skills. I knew it was fake because the behaviour was a bit ... ridiculous. :P But I had no idea who it was. The post about Beauty and the Beast in the movies thread gave me a chuckle. "and I think that's cool :)" xD

Genny, it was just a random guess--Barney. xD I'm honestly surprised that I got it right. I remembered our conversations about Barney and just randomly guessed. The purple font wasn't it, don't worry. :P And Laura Ingalls. :))

wolf, your joke was hilarious. I really enjoyed your posts throughout the entire forum! :D

Mountie, I only came across you as Fili, but really great skills!!

Jo's/Samwise's signature to meput a glow on the entire day and a hearty laugh! Thanks, Jo! ;) :D :ymhug:

The duplicate accounts... I have no idea. I did get a laugh from some, though. ;))

I didn't get around, but just to clarify:
I was Lilo and my sister was Stitch. ;))
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby ValiantArcher » Apr 02, 2012 4:37 am

Ithilwen wrote:Ditto. ;)) I was told after it happened that's it's against the rules to imitate people on here. I knew people weren't supposed to imitate mods, but I wasn't aware that imitating regular members was against the rules. :-\ Is that rule new? I hadven't heard it before, that I remember. :-s I wouldn't have done it otherwise.
I don't believe it was written down as a rule since there hasn't really been a precedence for it. However, it falls under the last bit of NW forum rules about the rights of moderators, and under common sense/reduction of chaos. The respect rule should also be considered here. In the future, it is extremely likely that it will be put into an articulated rule for you all to refer to. :)

wolfloversk wrote:*feels bad for the mess they have to clean up*
Awww, thanks! ;)) We'll get it all cleaned up eventually.
Some days you battle yourself and other monsters.
Some days you just make soup.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby AstroWolfD » Apr 02, 2012 6:20 am

ramagut wrote:Especially wolfy's (and AatroD) imagination and work! It was great! :ymapplause:

Wolf = Mastermind Gremlin :p

April Fool's Day on NW was a great experience!
Avi and sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Apr 02, 2012 7:12 am

Well, I was Beorn. A few of you figured it out, and overall, I think it was a lot of fun!
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby Lady Galadriel » Apr 02, 2012 8:14 am

Ithy, I would never have guessed Marcia Brady to be a duplicate account. :ymapplause:

(I will mention that I was a little surprised she didn't know what mods are.) ;)

I must say I especially liked the April Fool's Day this year!
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby wolfloversk » Apr 02, 2012 8:23 am

I figured out Jo and Digs off the Hospitality Commitee... only so many mods post there ;)
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Weirdo » Apr 02, 2012 10:10 am

I suppose I'll 'fess up too. :P
As many guessed, I was indeed Dori; the same Dori that traveled with Katniss/ Rosie and Gale/Mountie.
I was also Justin Bieber.......anyone else think the pink font was a nice touch? XD (I could be wrong about the font....O.O)
Thirdly, I played my own sister....Gildor_Inglorion. Hope no one figured THAT out, at least.

I'm not very good with April Fools, but hopefully I'll get better with practice. It was indeed fun........only I am dying to know who the other Loki was.

12-dear: Good job with the fake you!! I quite enjoyed that one.

Rosie: Ah! You were Katniss. So you AND Katniss shipping Dori/Gale wasn't just a coincidence. B-)

Izzi: You were Magnificent? Great job! I told Gildor about the two Lokis and she guessed you were one. XD So, I'm your head minion now? (Great job for finding Dori out earliest. And your Selena Gomez imitation was hilarious. :D *sends a high-five*)

Thanks for all the fun everyone! This was my first April Fools on here, but I was duly warned. :P
Member of the Switchfoot Club! :D
NW siblings: wild rose, DeDe, The Jedi Clone, Melian Maia, Gathmandais, TheDwarfMan, and csjesi.
I'm a Northie! :D
Member of Loki's Army
Aegrenil, fifth Time Guardian.
Weirdo
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Catching Sherlock Holmes with a lasso as he falls, of course!

PreviousNext