This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Apply to be a HobbitWeb Moderator!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Apply to be a HobbitWeb Moderator!

Postby johobbit » Mar 31, 2012 12:39 pm

m'Rosie wrote:Besides, it would be nice to make this something we can do together as a family. My husband Sam and daughter Elanor have applied too and my daughter Daisy posted the announcement of the switch.

Yes, indeed, my dearest. What a time we could have as a family stirring things up commandeering this new forum. I am utterly impressed at Daisy's articulation of the English language at such a very young age in her Announcement post. Way to go, dear Daisy-poo-kins.

And Elanorellë, our Elanor, surely they will consider you for Modship. After all, you are one of the most famousest of Hobbits!

Rosie wrote:I have 13 children so I have a lot of experience keeping people in line.

Hear-hear. Including her hubby. How well I know this! ... I mean, wonderful job, m'lovely Rosie-dear. :ymhug:

EDIT: Bilbo! You'll be bound to get this job, glory and splendour! :D
johobbit

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Mar 31, 2012 12:56 pm

Samwise Gamgee wrote:
Rosie wrote:I have 13 children so I have a lot of experience keeping people in line.

Hear-hear. Including her hubby. How well I know this! ... I mean, wonderful job, m'lovely Rosie-dear. :ymhug:

=)) And don't you forget it my dear Sam. :ymhug:
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby starkat » Mar 31, 2012 1:57 pm

1. When did you join NarniaWeb/HobbitWeb?

4 days ago

2. What is your current post count?

3. Do you meet the age requirement?

My mommy said I did.

4. How fluent do you consider yourself on general Tolkien knowledge?

Well, I live in the Shire and my Daddy went with Mr. Frodo to send that evil ring away. So I think I would know quite a bit.

5. Why do you think that you would be a good forum moderator here?

I can write well and my older brothers and sisters listen to me sometimes. My younger siblings do as well. I can be bossy sometimes!

6. What are your qualifications? (Feel free to post a full resume)

What's a resume?

7. How have you displayed leadership ability on this forum?

I told someone pretending to be the Eye of Sauron that they weren't real.

8. What additional comments would you like to add to your application?
starkat

Postby daughter of the King » Mar 31, 2012 4:21 pm

Why would I need to apply? Obviously, I already am a Hobbitweb Moderator. As for the knowledge of all things Tolkien--I am Arwen Undomiel, daughter of Elrond, and therefore I have full access to my father's library. I will fill out the application just to appease you, Beorn, and so that I do not chance incurring the wrath of the Eye of Sauron. Aragorn has enough to deal with what with Hobbits and wars and Rings without having to worry about me.

1. When did you join NarniaWeb/HobbitWeb? A very long time ago.

2. What is your current post count? Glance to your right and you might be able to figure it out.

3. Do you meet the age requirement? Naturally.

4. How fluent do you consider yourself on general Tolkien knowledge? It is hard to imagine that any being could ever be truly fluent in the great Master Tolkien's works, but I certainly have more than a passing knowledge.

5. Why do you think that you would be a good forum moderator here? I am an Elven princess and the Queen of Gondor.

6. What are your qualifications? (Feel free to post a full resume) Elven princess, Queen of Gondor, excellent seamstress, etc. etc.

7. How have you displayed leadership ability on this forum? I have fully accepted the change from Narniaweb to Hobbitweb.

8. What additional comments would you like to add to your application? Do take on Elanor Gamgee. I would not have chosen her as a Maid of Honor if she was not capable of fulfilling such an important role. Indeed, the entire Gamgee clan should be bestowed the highest honors.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Mar 31, 2012 4:25 pm

Lady Arwen wrote:8. What additional comments would you like to add to your application? Do take on Elanor Gamgee. I would not have chosen her as a Maid of Honor if she was not capable of fulfilling such an important role. Indeed, the entire Gamgee clan should be bestowed the highest honors.

*bows* Thank you very much m' Lady.
Pattertwigs Pal

Postby johobbit » Mar 31, 2012 4:48 pm

And what about her mom and dad, who have raised this young halfling in such an impressively fine way?
johobbit

Postby daughter of the King » Mar 31, 2012 4:51 pm

I did mention you, Samwise. Take the time to read my last sentence. "The entire Gamgee clan" it reads, and as head of the Gamgees you are one of the most honored. Of course, you are highly honored anyway, as a Ringbearer and companion to dear Frodo.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby PrinceCor004 » Mar 31, 2012 4:57 pm

*Does not see the reason to apply for moderating duties*

As you can see by my blue banner, I am already a moderator of this fine place. Add to this the fact that I was part of the original nine companions on the quest to Mordor plus being an elf prince of Mirkwood... I believe I am already well qualified for the position.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby MountainFireflower » Mar 31, 2012 5:11 pm

Well said, Legolas.

I hold the same position as my elven friend. Why on earth would I need to apply? I've landed the marvelous job already; there's absolutely no reason why I can't keep it.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Mar 31, 2012 5:16 pm

Mr. Beorn did say that some of us would be losing our jobs. I wanted a chance to plead my case. However, I don't think there's much to worry about. Seeing how very few members seem interested in our jobs. It wouldn't make sense to fire people with having new people in place.

@};-
Pattertwigs Pal

Postby johobbit » Mar 31, 2012 5:17 pm

With attitudes like that, Fili-poo and Leggy, you guys need to watch your back.

Lady A wrote:I did mention you, Samwise. Take the time to read my last sentence. "The entire Gamgee clan" it reads

Ah, many humble hobbit pardons. My readin' ability has never been top notch, in a manner of speakin'. We are grateful for your consideration in this honourable regard.
johobbit

Postby wolfloversk » Mar 31, 2012 5:26 pm

1. When did you join NarniaWeb/HobbitWeb? Well the wolf joined in 2009... We only just siezed her account today... Not sure which date you're looking for there.

2. What is your current post count? Not a clue... enough to qualify as a Zealot

3. Do you meet the age requirement? Don't you know how old gremlins get?! I happen to be 552. And I'm still kicking.

4. How fluent do you consider yourself on general Tolkien knowledge? That's Debatable...

5. Why do you think that you would be a good forum moderator here? I can maintain the peace. You see, either you can make us gremlins mods... or we shall have to do a little bit of rewiring on your internet cables... Your choice.

6. What are your qualifications? (Feel free to post a full resume) Gremlins are excellent at technology.

7. How have you displayed leadership ability on this forum? Well I am the Gremlin King... Leadership comes with the territory ;)

Meh I think point 5 covers it.

~The Gremlin King
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Aslanisthebest » Mar 31, 2012 6:18 pm

Oh, hurrah, Fili said I could come and apply so here is my aspiring application!! ;;) :o3

1. When did you join NarniaWeb/HobbitWeb? Almost four years ago.

2. What is your current post count? 4166

3. Do you meet the age requirement? Yes.

4. How fluent do you consider yourself on general Tolkien knowledge? Well, um...on a scale of 1-10....

uh....

uh...

hey, look, mushrooms!

heheheheheehe mooooving on...

5. Why do you think that you would be a good forum moderator here? Fili said that I might be of "help add some sanity to this rabble of unruly members." Aragorn was saying something about unruly rabble. I would enjoy being a mod and suppose that I could include some reference letters in case required.

6. What are your qualifications? (Feel free to post a full resume)
-I can twist my hand all the way around.
-I can knit and watch TV at the same time.... or I could knit scarves for fellow adventurers on adventures, when I'm riding on a horse.
-I am a bibliophile and could be a bookkeeper, because I like organizing. I don't mind coordinating daring adventures.
-I play the piano and could start a band called The Orc Bashers, Rocking Out Rivendell, Lothlorien Beats, Rockers of Rohan...
-I am a fairly good cook as far as potatoes and macaroons go. (and chocolate chip muffins.) No expertise in mushrooms, however.
-I would like to be a hobbit. (I'm not sure how that's a qualification, but I think hobbits are fantastic. Simply that.)

7. How have you displayed leadership ability on this forum?
Well, now, I'm afraid this thing'll make me sound conceited! I have taken a bookkeeping list of all the blue-usernamed people.

Would you mind sending me Bilbo Baggins and Frodo Baggins autograph along with my heartiest greetings?
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby johobbit » Mar 31, 2012 6:24 pm

Right here, dear Aitb:

And hearty greetings right back atcha'. :ymhug:

Oh wait, I'm not Bilbo or Frodo. :)) *slinks back into Bag End rather sheepishly* :ymblushing:
johobbit

Postby Ithilwen » Mar 31, 2012 6:30 pm

1. When did you join NarniaWeb/HobbitWeb? About 2 years ago.

2. What is your current post count? Over 4000. ;)

3. Do you meet the age requirement? Yes, I'm 21.

4. How fluent do you consider yourself on general Tolkien knowledge? Fluent enough to tell both the stories of Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, in my own words, to someone who's never heard it before. Without looking at the book. ;)

5. Why do you think that you would be a good forum moderator here? Because I am responsible. B-)

6. What are your qualifications? (Feel free to post a full resume) Oh well... I've moderated in so many places! I moderate my room. I moderate my mind. I moderate my blogs (all 3 of them). Oh yes, I am very experienced.

7. How have you displayed leadership ability on this forum? I yell at rule breakers. :ymdevil:

8. What additional comments would you like to add to your application? Tolkien rocks. \m/

By the way, has anyone posted their scores from the quiz yet? :-\ ;))

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Ithilwen » Mar 31, 2012 6:40 pm

Wait... so I can actually be a moderator? Wow! What will I be able to do if I get it? :-o

1. When did you join NarniaWeb/HobbitWeb? Today! :D

2. What is your current post count? Not too many, but the first page said there could be some exceptions? :-\

3. Do you meet the age requirement? Yes.

4. How fluent do you consider yourself on general Tolkien knowledge? My dad reads it to me every year and so I think I know it pretty good, although it might be scary to enter a contest about it with someone really super knowledgable who does nothing but read it ALL DAY lol!

5. Why do you think that you would be a good forum moderator here? Well it looks really fun and it'd just be really cool! :D

6. What are your qualifications? (Feel free to post a full resume) Well, I'm really friendly and I like rules. Rules are good because we need rules in life. a lot of people don't like rules because they think rules get in the way but they are needed I think.

7. How have you displayed leadership ability on this forum? Not yet, I'm new, lol.

8. What additional comments would you like to add to your application? Well, there was that quiz thing. I got to Level Four and then it stopped. :-\ I got all of them right except for 5. is that good???
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

PreviousNext