This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 20, 2014 12:03 pm

I changed my mind. . . I don't want to wait for an upper level gauntlet tournie. They apparently don't come around that often, and I doubt I'd get a full team any ways. . .

It's so much fun on Tier 7 and 8 when your gold levels just SKYROCKET! I've got 5 pieces of Tier 8 cheese. Cha-Ching B-)
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby fantasia » Jun 20, 2014 1:13 pm

DiGs wrote:They apparently don't come around that often, and I doubt I'd get a full team any ways. . .
Yeah... the problem is that the Easter event wasn't that long ago and most people burned through their cheese getting Eclipse eggs. But yay on the gold DiGs :D

I missed the vast majority of FBF today, but as I understand it, most of HitGrab is out with the plague today. :P So it was a random Q&A with Jacob, Dan, and Sarah today. Here are the few tidbits I was able to glean from the chat.
~I don't think we can expect the new area any time in the super near future. They're still deep in testing and it doesn't sound like they're very far along. There's a couple art pieces still left to do, but most of the artwork is done.
~It's definitely going to be the biggest area in the game, but it sounds similar to the Living Garden where it's comprised of several little areas. I think Jacob said one location is called the Sunken City. ;)

And I think that's about it from today. I admit I haven't made it through the whole thing due to interruptions from toddlers. :P But typically at the end they're just chatting about random stuff rather than spoiler stuff.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby ceppault » Jun 20, 2014 2:02 pm

DiGoRyKiRkE wrote:I've got 5 pieces of Tier 8 cheese. Cha-Ching B-)
Heh heh. Good way to say it.

fantasia_kitty wrote:I don't think we can expect the new area any time in the super near future.
This will allow me to stay on track to acquire the traps in the LG. Presently acquiring all the materials and gold required to obtain the Grand Arcanum and Clockwork Portal. I would like to believe new high-end traps will be available in the new area - Tactical or Physical - to allow even more EPIC runs through the Gauntlet ;))
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 20, 2014 5:28 pm

The spill is now open for me. I've moved over there, and will hopefully level pretty quickly. I'm at 80% Duke, so I'll be a Grand Duke soon :D (Couple months in reality :P )

I've made over 3 million in gold in the last two days, so I suppose that's pretty good ;).
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby Gymfan15 » Jun 20, 2014 8:33 pm

DiGoRyKiRkE wrote:I changed my mind. . . I don't want to wait for an upper level gauntlet tournie. They apparently don't come around that often, and I doubt I'd get a full team any ways. . .

It's so much fun on Tier 7 and 8 when your gold levels just SKYROCKET! I've got 5 pieces of Tier 8 cheese. Cha-Ching B-)

Yeah, I had forgotten how much gold you get on T7; or hadn't realized. I got my first Eclipses during Easter, and was REALLY pleasantly surprised to see how much gold I bagged during the last two levels. Ultimately not "profitable" in that the time you spend going through the Gauntlet makes the gold financially worthwhile, but it's still a nice bonus when you're not "counting" on it.

How many T7 did you have, Digs? I'm wracking my brain trying to remember how many I had during Easter but it netted me 7 Eclipses, so it was a fair amount.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 21, 2014 7:02 am

I think I had around 30 tier seven, and with the Chrome POWN I had 29 catches and only 1 miss. That netted me 5 tier 8 potions.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby Gymfan15 » Jun 21, 2014 10:25 am

That sounds like an exceptionally good drop rate. :)

In the Toxic Spill right now, although I think the jury is out and I really don't like this area in general. :p It uses up a lot of supplies and gold, I've been in every spill since it started and I STILL don't fully understand the best gameplay, and it's got no "real" purpose. A dead end area that doesn't produce anything worthwhile to use in the rest of the game. I know a lot of areas are like that, but at least I liked hunting there, lol. To be honest, the only reason I'm in the Spill is in case the Spill is eventually tied into a new area and I don't want to be behind. Right now I'm hunting till I fill my Barrel and get my Washboard base, and then I'm going to peace out.

Living Garden stuff is still going well. I've gotten Shattering Charm (used on Dark Magi) and am super close to another, but I had to drop down to the Normal side because I FINALLY ran out of Graveblossom/Duskshade. Working on converting my impressive supply of Dewthief and I probably will call it a day when I get 500 Duskshade even though I'll have TONS of Dewthief left. I'm thinking I *may* have enough Dewthief to see me through the third Shattering Charm and the Rift base, but we'll see.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby fantasia » Jun 21, 2014 11:21 am

Gymmie wrote:In the Toxic Spill right now ... and it's got no "real" purpose. A dead end area that doesn't produce anything worthwhile to use in the rest of the game.

What the Toxic Spill gives me (and the reason I love it ;)) ) is that it's hands down the FASTEST place to level. Every time I get in at Grand Duchess I get 3-4% closer towards Archduchess. :)
To the second point, I was rather... disappointed with the Polluted Base because all of their recent areas have favored power over luck. So even though the Polluted Base + Ultimate Polluted Charm is the luckiest setup you can consistently get, unless they give us an area to use it, it's a waste. So I'm holding out hope that they give us a nice lucky area, and then it will make it worth something. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Jun 22, 2014 7:48 pm

Double posting, kind of as a followup to my previous post, but mostly my own observations that I thought you all might be interested in.

As I now have all the cool trap setups that the game has to offer, I've been playing around with them this Toxic Spill to try to figure out what works best. I had assumed, based on previous observations of people my level and the MH Wiki, that the Washboard Base was hands down the best base in the area that you could get. Because I also got tons and tons of Soapy Charms from the Easter event, I busted out the Washboard Base and Soapy Charms for probably 75% of the Grand Duchess level....and I rocked it. Flew up the point scoreboard big time.
After running out of Soapy Charms, I then switched to the Washboard Base with Ancient Charms, where I discovered that while it worked decently, it wasn't that great.
I bounced over to the horntracker and started researching setups, and found that WB + Soapy wasn't any better than GTB + Champion Charms. So then out of curiosity I checked Polluted + Ultimate Polluted. Same story, almost the exact same catch rate.
So I decided since I had plenty of polluted charms to burn thanks to the Easter Event, I armed the Polluted Base + Ultimate Polluted Charms and my catch rate went way back up again. Used those up and switched to Extreme Polluted Charms and still my catch rate seems to be higher than the Washboard Base + Ancient Charms.

Moral of the story, you may want to read about other people's experiences on the forum before burning a whole lot of crafting materials on the Washboard and Polluted Bases. Particularly since Soapy Charms give you a massive boost to your trap and the Washboard Base seems just ok.
It may have been my random luck the past few days, but I thought it was worth sharing.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby daughter of the King » Jun 23, 2014 6:38 am

So after sitting at 99% Countess for the majority of this Toxic Spill, I finally reached Duchess this morning. You telling me I should yell at that last percentage point seems to have worked, FK. ;))

I'm still trekking through the Living Garden. I almost have enough essences to craft the POWN, but that will have to wait until after the Toxic Spill since I don't have the large waste barrel yet and I don't think I'll have the essences before the spill is over.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby fantasia » Jun 25, 2014 12:25 pm

Dot, I mentioned it elsewhere, but I need to post here too, mega-congrats on reaching Duchess! :D I'm glad yelling worked. :)) I saw you caught at least three of the four new mice available to you in the Toxic Spill so yay! :D

Well, we're getting close enough to the release of the new area that they're dropping hints now. I'm sure most of you have seen these by now....
The King has heard your demands to combat this heatwave! He has a solution in the works that should tide you over!

Damaged fragments of coral have washed ashore where the cliffs of Daredevil Canyon meet the Rodentia Ocean. The King has sent Larry to investigate, who will be sharing his findings over the next few days.

Sooo... maybe next week? Or at least the week after? I'm probably in the minority, but I am definitely ready for something to do besides stockpiling supplies!

On a personal note, this Toxic Spill has gotten me to Grand Duchess: 87.68% currently. I'm hoping to hit 88% before the end of TS Countess level (which is when I bow out of the Toxic Spill) but I don't think I'll quite make it. Arrrg! So close and yet so far away. I'm already ready for another high level Toxic Spill to help me rank! LOL
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Jun 26, 2014 7:28 am

I'm at 14.67% Grand Duchess. I'm hoping I have enough gold to get started in the new area when it's released. I've only managed to recoup about 4.2 mil in gold since Ronza.
starkat

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 26, 2014 7:58 am

I'm going to go ahead and leave the toxic spill. I find the area utterly boring ;))

If anybody wants to do any tournies or trains, I'm more than willing to help ;)
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby fantasia » Jun 26, 2014 2:16 pm

@DiGs, normally I'd be down for tournies and trains, but starting tomorrow my husband is off work until July 7th. :ymapplause: So we're likely going to be either working on projects around the house or possibly going on a mini-vacation. So I can't really commit to anything active for a while. We'll see though. :)

Done with the Toxic Spill now that Countess level has passed. I made it to 88.3%. :D So I guess I'm going to be dividing my time between the Rift (leveling) and the M400 mouse (fun for me).

I won't make it to Archduchess before the new area, but I also don't believe it will be necessary. I'm going to be curious to see what level they end up making the new area. It'll be at least Count, but I guess they haven't decided for sure.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Jun 28, 2014 7:11 am

If you didn't see on FB already, yesterday Jacob did a new mouse in Art FBF. Not for the upcoming Mouselantis area (as I'm calling it ;) ) but for the next new area after that. During the drawing, several devs came wandering through and jokingly commented about being "dead hungry" or "dead tired" and "you heard no hints *winkwink*" which immediately made the chatroom speculate that the new area will be some kind of Rift Burrows/Mousoleum area.
The mouse definitely looked "Rifty"... perhaps the Lycan?

In other news, I'm getting my behind kicked by Claw Shot City. Last night wasn't so bad, but I was in there yesterday morning trying to get the Prospector Mouse for my M400 assignment. After 1/9 catches, I left and spent the rest of the day in the Fiery Warpath trying to earn gold for the next area. :P
Currently working on an LG map.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby shastastwin » Jul 01, 2014 10:23 am

Well, I went hunting for Twisted Carmine this morning and got enough to make my next Shattering Charm. I used the rest of my Lunaria going for Shattered Carmine, and missed on my two attractions. :P I'll be working up toward either an awful lot of Lunaria or a shot at King Scarab over the next little while. Here's hoping the third SC isn't far behind. ;))

I'm getting very excited for the new area. I really hope they open it up soon.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

PreviousNext