This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Evil and Dark Lair of the LoESRM

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The Evil and Dark Lair of the LoESRM

Postby Bookwyrm » Oct 28, 2010 10:56 pm

Liberty, I proclaim you Seeker Out of Goodies! Unless you don't like that title. We could probably work something out. With you hanging over an acid pit! BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHHA!!

j/k ;))

Yes, friend marshwiggle. A collapsible fully portable deathtrap. You push a button on the case, it assembles itself, and there's all sorts of death rays and flying saw blades inside for you to dodge. And the sequence changes every time, so you'll never run out of death-defying exploits.

The library has all the boring magazines because I rerouted the comic books' delivery up to my office.

And while it isn't entirely a spoiler, I direct your gazes, loyal minions, to the news story I just finished writing about the new song inspired by VDT. You can find it under Word on the Street.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby narnianerd » Oct 29, 2010 7:38 am

Hey Boss. When do I get I title. Don't you like me :(( ? Wait a minute, I'm a merc, no one likes me. Thats why I'm a merc. Fun, Now I return to searching the internet for unfound narnia goodness.

In theory, a title is supposed to help define the image of a movie or somehow pique your interest in seeing it. But I can't see either of those things happening when I hear the title for the new Narnia sequel: "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader." I mean, why not just call it "Narnia 3" and be done with it?

Instresting quote from BND.com http://www.bnd.com/2010/10/28/1454681/t ... equel.html.

I'll answer the dudes question for him. First off, you are a journalist; you most likely went to collage to be a journalist. Dude, learn some grammar for Pete’s sake, ‘but’ does not belong at the beginning of a sentence. Anyways the reason you can’t name it simply Narnia 3 is because it was based of a book named The Chronicles of Narnia, the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Duh.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby daughter of the King » Oct 29, 2010 9:36 am

I'm back. :ymdevil: Yes, I like using that smiley. :p

So, what has happened in my absence, fellow minions and Grand High Dark Overlord? I see a new podcast, several pictures, and something about singers. Oh, homework, how you keep me from viewing spoilers!

Welcome to our lair, Pal of Pattertwig. The sun is lightened in my eyes to see new minions join our league. Do not worry about the CD. If I buy it, it will only be after the Great Viewing.

Puddleglum wrote:Just tidying up the library a little

Thank you, Friend Marshwiggle, for taking care of the library. I was going to sort through there, but alas, homework kept me from it.

narnianerd wrote:In theory, a title is supposed to help define the image of a movie or somehow pique your interest in seeing it. But I can't see either of those things happening when I hear the title for the new Narnia sequel: "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader." I mean, why not just call it "Narnia 3" and be done with it?

Hm. Whoever wrote that article has a point. Since the movie isn't entirely about the voyage the title has less meaning. Actually, since it appears the story has moved so far away from the book, "Narnia 3" would be a better title.

Oh, and "but" can go at the beginning of a sentence if there is a good reason for putting it there. "And" can be placed at the beginning of a sentence as well. Sentences in news stories are generally as short as possible. /journalism lesson
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Oct 29, 2010 1:04 pm

Booky: oh great One! I am pleased with the title you have bestowed on me and I shall wear it proudly! I thank thee! ^:)^

I bring for all the spoiled rotten friends gifts of chocolate and watermelon!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Bookwyrm » Oct 29, 2010 9:48 pm

How about "Dastardly Silly-Stringer of Doom", Joe?
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Oct 30, 2010 12:05 pm

ah, it must warm all thy hearts to hear more news of Ramundu! I am glad to hear that he might make an appearance in the movie! but either way, weather or not he is there, I am sure, IMHO, that this movie will be awesome! :D

pizza anyone?

Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby narnian_at_heart » Nov 01, 2010 11:27 pm

Ah I haven't been on here in a long time because my compUter has been down. And I've been working on NaNoWriMo. But now I'm back and let's see some spoilers!!!
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Nov 02, 2010 1:15 pm

I love the new pictures form the End Of The World that just came out! Aslan looks amazing!

Fruit for everyone!

Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby daughter of the King » Nov 03, 2010 2:35 pm

Greetings, fellow minions and Grand High Dark Overlord!

So, is it just me, or does Aslan keep changing sizes in the pictures we have seen? In the latest pictures he looks huge (which is a good thing, he's supposed to be huge), but in the earlier ones he looks much smaller. Or am I seeing things? I shouldn't be surprised if I was, what with all the studying I've been doing.

*quickly fills a to-go box with salad from the buffet and pizza and fruit from Libby and before exiting back out into the cold* After all, I must have something to snack on while studying!
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Susan's_look_a_like » Nov 03, 2010 3:33 pm

Oh! I am so in, if that's ok. I love spoilers and seeking out spoiler goodness.
Like Narnia? Read Reading with the Heart: the Way into Narnia
d(^_^)b
Sig & avie: Checkers
Susan's_look_a_like
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby wolfloversk » Nov 03, 2010 5:55 pm

daughter of the King wrote:Greetings, fellow minions and Grand High Dark Overlord!

So, is it just me, or does Aslan keep changing sizes in the pictures we have seen?

I've noticed that with both Aslan and Reep, actually overall I think Reep is bigger than he was in PC, but I can't complain too much- Aslan had the same problem in LWW :P
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Susan's_look_a_like » Nov 03, 2010 8:55 pm

I don't know if this is new or not but I found this picture of Eustance.

Like Narnia? Read Reading with the Heart: the Way into Narnia
d(^_^)b
Sig & avie: Checkers
Susan's_look_a_like
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Ithilwen » Nov 03, 2010 9:01 pm

Aww, what a sweet picture!

What does everyone think of the new pic of Dragon Eustace with Reepicheep? I like it a lot more than I thought I would. He doesn't look as much like a grasshopper/cow/goat/whatever-else-we-said-he-looked-like. ;)

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby wolfloversk » Nov 03, 2010 9:29 pm

*sticks snout in from middleway*

Awesome picture of Eustace, glad to know he's writing in his journal.

Did anyone else see the stone knife in the 3rd trailer? I watched LWW again last night and I am positive that they are the same. :)
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Nov 04, 2010 11:57 am

Thanks for all the welcomes. I finally got caught up on all of the pages. #:-s Very enjoyable read. Love the descriptions of DragonEustace. He looks much better in the new picture.
americangirlemmie wrote:Also Hope you are willing to help the war effort Pattertwig's Pal!!! :p
Well, I started the Clues and Evidence thread a while back. I think that is a start.

I think there is a plot out there to keep me from spoilers. :-o Things like Work (my schedule was so messed up. I got scheduled for 31 hours one week and 28 the next and my max is 16 8-| Somehow when my request for a change went through, the 16 wasn't entered. /:) ), Bills, Dishes, etc keep getting in my way. I just finally got caught up on spoilers. Why must everything happen at once? Drat I just realized I haven't read the newest interview with Tony Nixon. It'll have to wait. I've already been here longer than I can afford.

CS: How do you think your character has changed since the previous movies?
Keynes: He’s continued on the path that he did when he changed from the first and second. He’s now even more sure of [himself]. He’s trying to now become a leader, but Caspian is still there and that’s where the contention lies. He’s completely grown up and he’s a completely different person than he was in the first film.
Did that quote strike anyone else as odd? Following the path he started on sounds good, since he clearly improves from LWW to PC. Grown up sounds good but then the part about trying to be a leader when Caspian's there seems to contradict the other parts. Not sure I'm explaining that well, but I really have things that I need to get done. :p

Edit: YES!!!!!!!!!!!! I noticed the stone knife. I've been mentioning it all over the place asking if it was the witch's knife and have been ignored. :p
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby daughter of the King » Nov 04, 2010 2:26 pm

*hurries in out of the cold and curls up in one of the comfy chairs*

wolfloversk wrote:I've noticed that with both Aslan and Reep, actually overall I think Reep is bigger than he was in PC, but I can't complain too much- Aslan had the same problem in LWW :P

True, although Reepicheep is too small anyway.

I am also positive that the knife on the table is the Stone Knife. But, if it is the Stone Knife, why did they change the reason the Lords fell asleep? Since the Knife is there why didn't they use it? Falling into an enchanted sleep because they touched a knife is so much more interesting than they were put to sleep because "violence is forbidden."

Pattertwigs Pal wrote:Did that quote strike anyone else as odd?

Yes! It doesn't make any sense to me. It's nice to hear that Edmund is grown up but from what we've seen and heard he sure doesn't act grownup. If he is so much more mature why does he stick out his tongue at Uncle Harold? And what's with the "contention" between him and Caspian? Are he and Caspian going to have a power struggle? That's what it sounds like.

Aww, I hope your work schedule gets better, Pal! :ymhug: I haven't had the time to read the Tony Nixon interview either. And I really should be working on that paper....... ymwhisle
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

PreviousNext