This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Growing Pains: Feedback on the New Forum

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Growing Pains: Feedback on the New Forum

Postby Gymfan15 » Sep 05, 2009 5:52 pm

ALittleMoreSonic wrote:I'm not sure my account transferred properly. :-s I seem to need moderator approval for my posts again. I did have to re-register here, but I thought that was normal... I'd appreciate it if someone looked into it. :) Thanks!

It looks like you made a new account entirely, instead of using the big red "Transfer your Account" button in the login page. I'll fix your post count for you, but an admin will have to fix your join date. :)
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby EdmundPevensie18 » Sep 05, 2009 6:01 pm

Hmm, interesting new look I must confess I was hoping for a new color for the boards and new banner, but I haven't really had much time to get used to it, it's not bad just doesn't look all that different to me except the design of the boards and stuff.
http://agalaxyfarfaraway.proboards83.com/
EdmundPevensie18
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Mr Anderson » Sep 05, 2009 6:45 pm

I love the new site and forum, now that all the problems I've had are fixed. (Thank you Tirian and fantasia_kitty! :-D)
Having the avatars on the right hand side is really strange and it'll take some getting used to, because every single forum I've ever been on before has them on the left side. ^_^

Actually, I think my favourite part about the new site is that I had to change my username. I've been hoping for an excuse to change it for a long time. XD
So in case you're wondering, I was Reep&cheep and am now Mr Anderson.
(Formerly Reep&cheep)
Mr Anderson
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby ALittleMoreSonic » Sep 05, 2009 7:41 pm

Gymfan15 wrote:
ALittleMoreSonic wrote:I'm not sure my account transferred properly. :-s I seem to need moderator approval for my posts again. I did have to re-register here, but I thought that was normal... I'd appreciate it if someone looked into it. :) Thanks!

It looks like you made a new account entirely, instead of using the big red "Transfer your Account" button in the login page. I'll fix your post count for you, but an admin will have to fix your join date. :)

:ymblushing: I suppose I was so excited to visit the forums I didn't even look for a button... I feel smart.

Thanks for your help. :)
ALittleMoreSonic
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Nioniel » Sep 05, 2009 8:24 pm

Hm... well, I kind of hated the new look at first, but I guess it's grown on me in the last ten minutes :p The New NarniaWeb didn't work for me all day yesterday and today, but yesterday I didn't bother freaking out because I checked NW's twitter and it reassured me. ;) Today was more worrisome, but I guess I just had to wait longer. I'm glad that the colours are still pretty much the same. Oh, and I love the smilies! It's going to have to get some getting used to the avatars and stuff being on the opposite side though.

Thank you, mods and admins, for working on this so hard!

One thing - I have problems sending new PMs from the regular window. Popping up the "find a member" thing works, and I can send PMs when replying, but not anything else.
HomeschoolersTakingOverTheWorldClub - PM to join!
"They know everything on NarniaWeb" - Ben Barnes
NW sis to 7 l Twin to SusanP3 l PM pal of A.Fowlfreak
Chief of Random Inquires for the Lurkers Club
Nioniel
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby checkers » Sep 05, 2009 9:30 pm

Valiant_Lucy wrote:checkers, your Inbox is located just above the title of this thread. :P It says:
User control panel (0 new messages)--or something like that. :)

Ah, thanks much, Val. I see it now! :)
Co-president of the BGMCA club. <--- don't remember what that was but I left it for the nostalgia
Buds: 5, Twin Blank! <--- also don't remember who Twin Blank was. Find me if you're out there, lost one.
checkers
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sep 05, 2009 10:58 pm

Has anyone else been asked to log in to the forum each time they wish to post?
I have and it's really annoying. Is there a solution? Thanks
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby IloveFauns » Sep 05, 2009 11:02 pm

I haven't but the same thing happened for a while for me on another forum. Maybe log out and then log in and ask firefox to save you password.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Gandalfs Beard » Sep 06, 2009 1:47 am

I think I figured this thing out. But I am not sure that I care for the New Look so much. I liked the old colour format better.

I also preferred the reply tools from the old format with my aging eyeballs (though I expect many may be happier that I no longer have access to different font sizes ;) , And how am I supposed to bold or italicize words, I don't like to use all caps instead because it looks like shouting. I also liked the old smilies better, they were cuter, though I like some of the additions; but, Waaaaah :(( I want my Yin Yang symbol back.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to deal with it. *sigh* *grumble**...newfangled changes...

GB
"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence" -- Carl Sagan
Gandalfs Beard
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby ForeverFan » Sep 06, 2009 5:58 am

Gandalf's Beard- to bold or italicize words the easy way, all you do is this:

[b] text[/b] or [i] text[/i] :)
[center]Dear days of old, with the faces in the firelight,
Kind folks of old, you come again no more.
(Robert Louis Stevenson)
ForeverFan
NarniaWeb Zealot
Keeper of Thursdays (BC), Retired

Postby IloveFauns » Sep 06, 2009 6:07 am

Well the colors are way different but i don't usually type in color font anyway. I have always wondered what narniaweb looked like in 2004 but it didn't come up when i went on this travel the net backwards though time machine.(can't think of the real name)
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby NarniaNut95 » Sep 06, 2009 6:22 am

If I use the "Post Reply" option instead of just writing in the box below the forum, when I click to submit my post, it just refreshes the page but doesn't post my post. I have to click it again before it'll work. Any ideas why this is happening?
Av\Sig by Beautiful_ltdwn
Team Hoodie!
Eschew sesquipedalianism.
NarniaWeb brother of Sonny
Once a SquareOnion, always a SquareOnion.
NarniaNut95
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Sep 06, 2009 6:47 am

Gandalfs Beard wrote:I want my Yin Yang symbol back.

It's not exactly the same but there is this one: (%) It's code is pretty easy: a percent sign in ().

Is there a way to directly link to posts on this forum? It took me forever to figure out how to do it on the last forum so I thought I'd ask to save myself some time. :)
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby icarus » Sep 06, 2009 6:50 am

Is it just me, or does anyone else find that when they click on a link, it will ocassionally (1 time in 10) open the link in both a new window and in the current window? If not, it may be something wrong with my computer.

Apart from that at the moment, absolutely love the new forum. As with the movie news, its often easier to just comment on the things that are wrong, and the things that are brilliant just get taken for granted and left unsaid, so i would like to take this oppurtunity to say well done to everyone involved!

If i were to list all the things i love about the new site and forum, i would probably be here all day, so i will just tell you my current absolute favourite thing ever - that little button next to the thread title that zooms you straight to the last unread post on a thread. Genius! How did we not have that before? Unless of course we did have that before, and i just never noticed, resulting in many lost hours spent trawling through threads trying to find the place i left of at. lol.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Peepiceeka » Sep 06, 2009 8:23 am

Okay, I'm still getting used to this new NW and love the new features! I need help on how to upload an image to my post, for example in the "Great Pics of the Cast" thread. There's not an option anymore in the bar above where you post a reply.
Peepiceeka
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Steerforth » Sep 06, 2009 10:13 am

Gandalfs Beard wrote:And how am I supposed to bold or italicize words, I don't like to use all caps instead because it looks like shouting.

Use Normal Reply, not Quick Reply. The Biu buttons are attached to the top of the reply box, on the left. Or, do it as ForeverFan suggests. This is another nice thing, I might add. I could never get the format buttons to work with the old software and Safari. I had to type everything manually. Very happy now.

(though I expect many may be happier that I no longer have access to different font sizes)

You still do! :) Use the [size=][/size] tags. The range is, effectively, from 50 to a maximum of 200.

"This is no thaw. This is Spring! Your winter has been destroyed. This... is Aslan's doing!"

SuntoryTimes
Steerforth
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext