This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

00's are nearly over

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

00's are nearly over

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 04, 2009 6:20 pm

so what years have been good and which have been bad?
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Re: 00's are nearly over

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Dec 04, 2009 6:24 pm

Odd question. 2000 was pretty good. I did Year 12 in 2001 and that was extremely stressful - not just the exams.

2002-2006 weren't particularly good years for me - did a graphic design course but had no friends there, lots of bullying, later unemployed for a long period, suffered depression for a long time and had a crap job).

2007-2009 have been markedly better - made some very good friends, found my calling (career-wise) in life is to be a teacher, growing in confidence and maturing as a person. But each year has its good and bad points.
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 04, 2009 6:32 pm

My worst year was 2003- my teach would just rip up my work when i contined when she was talking. Everytime i talked she would yell at me but every time someone else did she wouldn't. She use to swear at the whole class. My year 4 teacher was a lot better.

my best year was 2007. Nothign bad or stressful happened and 2008 was quite good to for simlair reasons.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Valiant_Lucy » Dec 04, 2009 7:02 pm

2002-2003 were quite good years. We moved from our old place in a small town to our current location out in the country. I definetly feel as though in the space of those two years I changed a LOT.

2004...hm, kinda a icky year. I was thirteen, so everything was really melo-dramatic and confusing and stuff.

The other years leading up to 2008 are okay. Certainly a lot happened but I was still very much in that "finding myself" stage. 2008 was pretty good except I got a horrible haircut which unfortunatly influences my opinion of that year a lot. Several amazing things happened last year though, getting to meet a lot of NWebbers and things. So far I think this year has been the best since 2002-2003, actually! :D
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe
Valiant_Lucy
Moderator Emeritus
The IMAR&NB mod

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Dec 04, 2009 7:44 pm

2005-2007 were probably the worst years for me. I ended a friendship b/c of the other person being extremely mean and talking about me behind my back for some reason. It really hurt me alot and I'm still healing from the experience. It was upsetting b/c I had been best friends with that person since I was 3 and then she up and decides she doesn't like me anymore...

Anyway, the best year has probably been this one actually! I've been finding myself and I think I've figured out who I am now :p . I've also been able to refine my talents more and stuff and get in to more things so it's been cool. I also got to go to a Relient K concert which like made my year :p .

Val, I got a horrible haircut last year too...lol. I cut my hair for Locks for Love and since my hair is thick and curly it did not look good shoulder lenth. I'm gonna cut it again next year, but even shorter. The only difference is this time I have a straightener ;) .
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby TheGeneral » Dec 04, 2009 7:45 pm

2001 was good until my grandpa died. 2002 was good, I liked 13. 2003-2005 weren't so good for a lot of reasons. 2006 was ok but I was bored and tired of high school.
2007 graduated :D
And 2008 and 2009 have been a big mix of awesome and bad. I'm loving college and I had some fun vacations, but my brother has been kinda goin downhill on his mental illness, and my uncle died.
I wonder what the teen 2000's will bring.
Hopefully a few more narnia movies ;)
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Mr Anderson » Dec 04, 2009 9:15 pm

Nothing much happened between 2000 and 2004...and I was too young to remember it if it did. XD 2004 I went to camp for the first time (big deal back then), '05, '06 were uneventful, 2007 was great - PotC 3, HP 7 (book), and HP 5 (movie). I was excited. 2008 was the first year I did NaNoWriMo. That's awesome. And 2009 I somehow managed to gain the best friends in the entire universe. :-D
(Formerly Reep&cheep)
Mr Anderson
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Gymfan15 » Dec 04, 2009 9:50 pm

It's kind of hard to sum up the '00's in a few sentances because it has encompassed exactly 50% of my life. How does one sum up half of one's life that "simply" anyway? ;)

The '90's I could sum up fairly easily, because one's life tends to to change dramatically between the ages of 1 and 10. 11 to 20 though, is a whole different story. ;)

During the '00's, I've moved twice, the first time eighty miles away, the second time, half a country. I've "grown up" in every literally definition of the word. I've changed so much as a person; even in a span from year to year, let alone decade to decade. As the second decade of my life comes to a close, all I can really say is that God has been good to me. I don't know what the future holds, but I know that if I let Him plan it and not try and stick my oar in, my life will be what HE wants it to be; and what more can you ask for than that?

I'm EXCITED to see what God will do in my life in the next ten years...what about you? :)
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby greenbird37 » Dec 04, 2009 9:57 pm

In 2001 my son was born, that was my blessing. Also my mom passed away in the same year 2 months before he was born :(

I married my now husband in 2006 who brought the first DVD of LWW for my kids and I guess for me too :D

My oldest daughter graduated from middle school in 2008 :ymapplause:

2009 has been pretty quiet..well not really I joined Narnia web, best decision of my life!! ;)
"We have nothing if not belief"
greenbird37
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Aslans_Jewel » Dec 04, 2009 10:03 pm

Well I don't remember '00 because I was only 3 and 4, but 2001-2002 I was in kindergarten at a private school, don't really rember much else until 2006-2009 except we rented a house in 2006-2008 and moved into our current home in april, now all this time I was homeschooled and after we moved into our current home, I started going to a public school for 7th grade, lots of bullying because not only was I the new kid, but I had almost no social life up until that year. This year Im in 8th grade and doing great, not liking the papers I have to write, but I pass most of them. Heres to the future!
Aslans_Jewel
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby FencerforJesus » Dec 04, 2009 10:05 pm

It's been quite a decade for me. Moved from Colorado to El Paso in Summer 99, so 2000 was my first full year here. Graduation from high school in '01. I worked from 01 to 07 at a local grocery store, where the last two years were just in the summer. Started Community College in 04 for one year before transfering to UTEP. And I've been there ever since. I also did far more travelling in the 00's than any other time in my life, mostly through fencing.

I never really had specific low years, but I definately had some low moments. I had some rough encounters in some of my managers at the job I had. Those began when I started Community College and got straight A's. My last summer at that job in 07 was also a low point, in which I was ready to get out and not return. In terms of school, I had two semesters, 2 years ago, and this semester that have been my roughest. Two years ago, it was one class that officially got me out of Civil Engineering. This year, the work load has just been brutal and it took me over half of it just to get adjusted to the work load. But there have been some big time good things going on during those hard times.

Highlights are too many to count. College has been awesome and I am starting to see ways I can use my Computer Science degree beyond college. The biggest thing with fencing is how God has put together a ministry through me and the sport that has just been awesome. I'm waiting for God and my pastor to put together the right date for me to do a full presentation in front of my church congregation. A really big one is my book. It is ready for publishing, but I am waiting on God's timing to launch it.

And I will wrap up the 00's decade in ultimate style. The week before Christmas, I am going to Colorado for the final time my entire immediate family is going to be together for a very long time (with my brother shipping out with the Army and my sister going to India for full-time missions). Then I sprint back home Christmas day just in time to catch a bus to St. Louis for the 2009 Urbana Convention. I cannot think of a better way to end this decade than to spend it with over 23,000 college students from around the world in worship in over 7 languages. I'm so excited about that.
Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby lostin1800 » Dec 05, 2009 4:40 am

2003 wasn't a good year, 4 was O.K and 2005/6 was alright. The rest was fine. I can't believe the 00's are nearly over! It goes so fast!

Wonder what the future holds.....
*We three kings of Orient are; bearing gifts we traverse afar, field and fountain, moor and mountain, following yonder star...*
~Merry Christmas From Lostin1800~
lostin1800
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby ForeverFan » Dec 05, 2009 6:43 am

Wow....as Gymfan so aptly put it, it's hard to sum up a decade when it's either been half your life, or, in my case, right now over half.

This past decade certainly has been interesting- in 2000 we moved to our current house, 2002 was pretty memorable- with the Winter Olympics and one of my younger brothers being born, 2004 my next and youngest brother came along...2006 I first watched LWW which grew my love of Narnia and helped me join here....2007 was uneventful, 2008 was probably one of the best years, due to all the anticipation of Prince Caspian, and the movie too, I guess, I met one of my best friends from the States, etc. 2009 is a year I'll be glad to leave behind, I think. As always, there was so much of "Finding Who I Am" and sometimes it was quite painful. Good, but painful. Especially with a dear "adopted" grandmother dying and all that. I think it's safe to say I'm quite ready to get 2009 over with and start the new year.

Gymfan wrote:all I can really say is that God has been good to me. I don't know what the future holds, but I know that if I let Him plan it and not try and stick my oar in, my life will be what HE wants it to be; and what more can you ask for than that?

Amen! It is so exciting to know that He has everything planned for me since before time began (albeit it's a staggering thought sometimes!) and that I can trust Him, and not only that, He's going to give me the strength to do it too! :)
[center]Dear days of old, with the faces in the firelight,
Kind folks of old, you come again no more.
(Robert Louis Stevenson)
ForeverFan
NarniaWeb Zealot
Keeper of Thursdays (BC), Retired

Postby Lucy P. » Dec 05, 2009 9:08 am

Well I'll try my best but it's been 5/8 of my life sooo....

00-04- I was 6-10 then so I honestly cannot remember much, except for 2001. The terrorist attack really affected me and I was so scared to watch the news for at least a year after that. So it wasn't a fab year. :(

05-07- These were really really rotten years for me. I had the average anxieties and insecurities of a preteen/younger teen, but I also had other problems. I don't think a normal 13 yr. old should be crying herself to sleep every night. Looking back I recognize some social anxiety and even more obsessive thought behaviour. I should have told my parents and gotten help but I muscled through without telling anyone and by the end of '07(the time I found N-web!) I was somehow doing better. I thank God for being mentally healthy every time I think of it.

08-10- These are shaping up to be pretty amazing years. I started working really hard at school (part of what distracted me from anxiety in the first place) and gained quite a few incredible friends that I'm very fond of. I feel content and cannot wait for what '11 and '12 will bring- college!
Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Lucy P.
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Dec 05, 2009 12:48 pm

The 00's have filled more than half of my life. That's a bit crazy to think about!

Even though September 11th (The terrorist attacks) happened in the 00's, that wasn't the worst year for me because I was pretty young and it didn't really affect me directly. The year before that my Grandma died, but again, I was really young and the effect wasn't lingering.

The worst year had to be the year my sister left for college and I started highschool- 2007. I'm part of a big family and also the youngest, so it was rough starting highschool, a big transitional period of life, and also suddenly being essentially an only child. I didn't really have many friends and I cried alot. But it did get better! I have a great family and things have been going uphill ever since as I've slowly adjusted.

I can't think of which year was the best. For the most part, the 00's have been enjoyable for me! :D
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby narnian_at_heart » Dec 05, 2009 3:10 pm

hmm, the 00's took up about half of my life.

For the most part, they were good. 2003-2004ish weren't very good. Most of 2007 wasn't the greatest either.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Next