This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby Gymfan15 » May 17, 2020 1:16 pm

Dracula, I sent you a FR as well! :)

So since I have realized that I'm tantalizingly close to retiring all my other bases, I'm going to go ahead and push for the Gilded Steps NOW. :D I've been farming auras and I've been stockpiling charms and Fire, so according to all the VRift simulators I've run, I should be able to get there with some strategic hunting. I could wait till Halloween, but why? I wanna go now. :D
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby starkat » May 17, 2020 2:34 pm

Sent you a FR too.

Floating Isles?

I've missed something again. This is what I get for not following FBF I guess.
starkat

Postby fantasia » May 17, 2020 3:54 pm

The Floating Isles is the next big area to come out. They've been planning this area for quite some time. Two years maybe? Maybe longer. My understanding is that it's supposed to be a big climax of the best traps and bases that currently exist. You'll be using pretty much all of them.

So maybe an ultimate VRift run is the best thing to do right now Gymmie. Perhaps I should rethink waiting until next year as well. I'm sure I could get to Floor 104 and beyond if I ran again. It's just farming all of that Champion's Fire is SUCH a grind.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » May 17, 2020 5:48 pm

fantasia wrote:So maybe an ultimate VRift run is the best thing to do right now Gymmie. Perhaps I should rethink waiting until next year as well. I'm sure I could get to Floor 104 and beyond if I ran again. It's just farming all of that Champion's Fire is SUCH a grind.

I bought my CF...spent a lot of gold...no regrets lol. Basically once I have this base, I can quit the VRift for a little while and farm gold to replace what I spent.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » May 17, 2020 5:51 pm

Gymfan15 wrote:I bought my CF...spent a lot of gold...no regrets lol.

Yep, it's well worth it. But with Ronza coming soon, I'm farming as much gold as I can and therefore I don't have any left over to spend on CF. ;))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » May 18, 2020 6:53 am

I already banked away 30mil for Romza, which I have found to be very sufficient in recent years. So yeah I did take that into account lol.

Of course watch as this year she has 100mil wares. 8-}
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Varnafinde » May 18, 2020 12:23 pm

dracula wrote:My mousehunt id is 5402864 I’m not sure how to search for someone by name

I don't know how to search for someone by mousehunt id.
Those of you who sent him FRs, how did you go about it?

A different question - how many hunts will I need to go from floor 48 to floor 56 with Speed 8 and Siphon 5?
I'm on floor 46 now, with 37 hunts left. Should I take a long break from VRift and go to Living Garden instead and farm materials for crafting Ultimate Charms?
(I still need to catch 6 Dark Magi and 6 King Scarab, to bronze them.)

Edit:
I had some help, so hopefully, that request has been sent now.

fantasia wrote:The Floating Isles is the next big area to come out. They've been planning this area for quite some time. Two years maybe? Maybe longer. My understanding is that it's supposed to be a big climax of the best traps and bases that currently exist. You'll be using pretty much all of them.

They will use 8 power types - not Rift, nor Parental.
There will be a Shadow Island, a Physical Island, etc. (I guess 8 islands.)
They have decided on 56 new mice for it, and drawing them may have begun - check whether Jacob are working on either of them next time he's on FBF.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby dracula » May 23, 2020 3:08 pm

The price of the champions fire is dropping like a rock: as more people complete the pages of the codex, more people will get unstable cores.

http://horntracker.com/loot.php?loot_id=2923

If you don’t want to click, you get 5 champions fire per unstable core plus gold and superbrie and charms

We don’t know when the floating isles is coming up, Dave said “hopefully this year but no promises”

Selling champions fire should be a decent way to farm gold and champs fire for the next few months then do a string stepping run in November then hopefully on to the floating isles.

What I’m finding is that with a powered up prestige base, even with vacuum charms, the catch rate is still good in the v rift
dracula
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Gymfan15 » Jun 06, 2020 9:11 pm

So my UUU run didn't go QUITE as planned; I ended up only going just past floor 100. I'd originally figured I'd get past 104 easily, but I think a combination of DHU/not enough of the best charms did me in. I also only had my Prestige up to 7 Eclipses prior to starting, so I was using Charged Denture/other charms for the early floors. I was doing pretty well until I got to F70 or so and then I just had really bad DHU and got pushed around a lot.

Either way, I have an INSANELY good base now (29 luck minimum :-o ), and I was able to do my entire run in one set of auras, so I still have another set that I can use at Halloween or GWH if I'm able to restock RULPCs in time. We'll see. I ran some simulated runs and I think even with RUPCs or RULCs I could still get past 113 with a GWH or Spooky Aura, so we'll see! The most expensive thing to prep would probably be the CF...I am not going to buy tons of Ember/Timesplit charms lol. It's not worth it for 2-4 extra luck. This year, anyway lol.

Right now the goal is to recoup gold/RULPCs and also do some more Tower runs so I can finish off getting the Codexes. I have 2/8 and enough Cores to buy 1 more from my UUU run. I got Magic and Noble first because those are the power types I'm still using a lot these days outside of Rift.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby dracula » Jun 09, 2020 10:42 pm

Rupc, rift 2020, r extreme power charms should be enough for uu runs or uu runs with string stepping.

For non uu runs I just use rift vacuum charms.

I am stocking up on timesplit charms, but not sure if I will use them during halloween or Lunar new year. I guess I may just use rulpc and when I run out of those use festive ulpc during halloween.

I think it sort of depends on when the floating isles comes out. I'm not sure.
dracula
NarniaWeb Regular

Previous