This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Happy Sixth Anniversary, NarniaWeb!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Happy Sixth Anniversary, NarniaWeb!

Postby Aslans_Jewel » Nov 25, 2009 9:11 am

I completely forgot! :O I remember poking around on the 4th anniversary, I'm almost a 2nd year NWer :D
Aslans_Jewel
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Re: Happy Sixth Anniversary, NarniaWeb!

Postby coracle » Nov 26, 2009 11:45 pm

Originally the owner of "Into the Wardrobe" was going to start a section related to the filming of LWW. He asked me to collect all the articles I could (from news here in NZ) to start it off. But before he could use them, he let me know he had changed his mind as another member was starting a new site specifically for the movie/s.
I looked at the new site occasionally for a couple of months - and then joined! Within a month I was the fourth mod, and the first lady.... or something like that :D .

It was a wonderful time watching the culture and ethos of the site grow, and realising with delight and wonder what we had created here - not just another fan site but a place of friendship, respect and creativity. I have never seen anything like it!
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Previous