This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Keep the Magic Secret...Merlin SF

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Keep the Magic Secret...Merlin SF

Postby daughter of the King » Apr 28, 2012 5:37 pm

I am finally almost entirely caught up with season 4! Still need to see both parts of the finale, but I've seen all of the other episodes.

Who's your favorite character? Merlin! (duh) :p

Favorite episode? I can't pick just one. The Poisoned Chalice was really good. And The Last Dragonlord. And The Coming of Arthur. And just about anything with Gwaine in it. :p

What are you hoping to see in season 4? Gwaine telling Merlin that he knows that Merlin has magic because Gwaine is smart and of course he would figure out that since he's Strength then Merlin has to be Magic 'cause he's the only other one there. Really, Arthur not figuring it out during that episode makes sense, but Gwaine not knowing?

How would you like to see Merlin's magic revealed (both to Arthur, and in general?) I want Gwen to find out first so she can help Merlin break it to Arthur gently. And then Arthur will rant and rave and Gwaine will say some sort of equivalent to "well, duh!" And Arthur will be mad because Merlin lied to him only he didn't really because he said he was a sorcerer when he was trying to save Gwen way back in season 1. And then Arthur will agree to not execute Merlin but he has to leave and then Camelot gets attacked (again) and Merlin saves the day (again) only this time Arthur knows about it.

Actually, I think I'd be okay with just about anything other than Arthur already knowing but Merlin not knowing that Arthur knows. ;)) It would be too anticlimactic after all the tension that has been built up about Merlin keeping secrets.

Must. Finish. Season. 4.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Re: Keep the Magic Secret...Merlin SF

Postby Princess Anna » May 04, 2012 1:43 pm

Alright, I've dragged this out long enough.

I hate to say this, as I still have to catch up on part 2 of the finale (as well as see another episode, from the day I was at the Trek exhibit), and I know we all would love to keep this going. But, we need to make room for more SF's.

So... I wanted to thank you for a wonderful discussion! :ymhug: It's been tons of fun speculating over things to come, and talking over things past. And I simply can't wait to see what will come later on, and to be able to discuss them with you!

We're so blessed to have friends that share our interests, aren't we. :) Til we next meet in Camelot, I bid this topic a fond farewell. Stay healthy, happy, and for goodness' sake... keep the magic a secret til it's safe!

~a fellow fan

p.s. If you have further ideas for future Special Features, please feel free to pm the SO mods! (or even me! I wouldn't mind ;) ) And if you simply can't wait til our next Merlin SF to talk of the show? We'd love it if you'd visit the Television discussion thread! Thanks!
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus
the Resident Troublemaker

Previous