This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

April Fools: A New Age Begins

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: A New Age Begins

Postby Rory » Apr 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Well, my time on this forum planet is almost up. It was good to meet all of you. I must get back to traveling through time and space and I hope I find Amy and Eleven while I'm out there.

Cheerio! Perhaps I'll be back next year... ;)
Rory
NarniaWeb Newbie
The Doctor's Companion

Postby wolfloversk » Apr 01, 2012 8:03 pm

*Lots of howling, growling, banging and clashing of metal can be heard in the distance... with the occasional explosion... At last the gremlins seem to run off*

At last we've escaped!!!! Astro, are you alright? Look at what they did to my profile! And worst of all they made me miss April Fools! What they don't know is we've been watching all along ;)

*goes to mend her tail*

Remind me to make some alliances with the piranhas before we get attacked again, won't you?

Signed,
wolfloversk

P.S. Ahhhoooorrrrooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit! I'm gonna follow kat's lead and post my graphics for memory:

User Title: The Unwelcomed Imprisoned Wolf
Location: We’re very sorry (not), but that’s classified information.
Interests: The Gremlin Council has decided that “Interests” are unnecessary and therefore not a privilege given to prisoners.
Sig 1:
This account is hereby seized and no longer property of wolfloversk.
Signed, The Gremlin King
Sig 2:

A special thanks to johobbit for helping me change my user title and AstroWolfD for jumping in and playing along! And thanks to all the mods for making these past two days amazing!
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Puddleglum » Apr 01, 2012 9:24 pm

What, all of this a joke :-o
I must say I am still getting used to this strange custom among humans.
Perhaps I shall take some time and wander into this strange land that was mentioned. Middle-Earth was it?
Though I have already met a Hobbit in the Spar-Oom, and the Lady Galadriel has been a most admirable representative of the Elfish folk these orcs I hear of are a bit more troublesome to my mind :-s
Puddleglum
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby AstroWolfD » Apr 02, 2012 6:13 am

wolfloversk wrote:*Lots of howling, growling, banging and clashing of metal can be heard in the distance... with the occasional explosion... At last the gremlins seem to run off*

At last we've escaped!!!! Astro, are you alright? Look at what they did to my profile! And worst of all they made me miss April Fools! What they don't know is we've been watching all along ;)

*goes to mend her tail*

Remind me to make some alliances with the piranhas before we get attacked again, won't you?

Signed,
wolfloversk

I'm fine Wolf. You alright too? Good going, we made it! We're free! It just took me a little longer to get my account back. They did some nasty stuff to mine as well.

*howls unison with Wolf to celebrate*

It got a bit too close for comfort when we ran into those Gremlins with the giant chainsaws... let's just say that you're lucky to have a tail to mend! And escaping that labyrinth was no easy task either! And as for the piranhas, before we escaped I made certain that they wouldn't go hungry...you can scratch a couple of Gremlin guards off the list! ;)

I'll go ahead and post my images along with Wolf.

OCCUPATION SLAVE IN THE GOO MINES OF ARAMANOGG
INTERESTS IRRELEVANT
Sig 1:
BWAHAHAHAHA!
Victory over the Gremlins sig:
I had a great time!
Avi and sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby wolfloversk » Apr 02, 2012 6:24 pm

So as a matter of curiosity... If I'm allowed to ask here... How long has it taken people to make April Fool's Day plans? I had my plot figured out in July, but I didn't really start working on it until Late Feb- March.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby ramagut » Apr 03, 2012 12:48 am

Wolf, the mods are already planning next years! ;)) However, we probably won't decide on something until less than a month before! Of course, there are rogue mods who do their own thing and plan it well in advance!
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby MountainFireflower » Apr 03, 2012 3:22 pm

wolfloversk wrote:So as a matter of curiosity... If I'm allowed to ask here... How long has it taken people to make April Fool's Day plans?

ramagut wrote:Wolf, the mods are already planning next years! ;)) However, we probably won't decide on something until less than a month before! Of course, there are rogue mods who do their own thing and plan it well in advance!

Generally, ideas are thrown out all year-round. In my experience, though, usually an official theme isn't decided on until April Fool's day is close at hand. (I know for sure that I'd been thinking about my plans for a while, but they weren't cemented until a few days before. ;)) ) Dee and I had fun planning our escapades as Fili and Kili. :D

I'll post my graphics set as well. Thank you to Djaq for making them. I loved them so much and I do think I'll have to revive them when The Hobbit is released. ;)) (And yes, Fili is definitely one of my favorite dwarves, especially after impersonating him the whole weekend. :p)

Image Image

Other variations that I didn't end up using, but decided to post for posterity's sake (and to show off Dee's awesome graphic-making skillz):

And one final note: if you haven't already seen it, do check out the Who's Who thread. ;)
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Re: April Fools: A New Age Begins

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Apr 04, 2012 8:10 am

Here are my avatar and signatures and info from the day.

Username: Rosie Cotton
User Title: Mrs. Samwise Gamgee
One that didn't make it:
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Weirdo » Apr 04, 2012 4:22 pm

wolfloversk wrote:So as a matter of curiosity... If I'm allowed to ask here... How long has it taken people to make April Fool's Day plans? I had my plot figured out in July, but I didn't really start working on it until Late Feb- March.

I didn't know what I was going to do for quite a while. In fact, 2 out of 3 of my personalities were decided after lunch on April Fools. XD I dunno if that's interesting at all, but....
Hopefully I'll have better ideas next year. XD
Member of the Switchfoot Club! :D
NW siblings: wild rose, DeDe, The Jedi Clone, Melian Maia, Gathmandais, TheDwarfMan, and csjesi.
I'm a Northie! :D
Member of Loki's Army
Aegrenil, fifth Time Guardian.
Weirdo
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Catching Sherlock Holmes with a lasso as he falls, of course!

Previous