This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Family Trees

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Family Trees

Postby Meltintalle » Mar 31, 2012 9:20 am

Posted as Hugo Bracegirdle:

Dear fellow hobbits! I was wondering if perhaps there are any others of you who share my fascination with the study of family trees?

I've borrowed cousin Bilbo's Red Book, but I see very little in there about the Bracegirdles. I do hope your minds can find a connection to me!
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Re: Geneology

Postby johobbit » Mar 31, 2012 9:35 am

Ooh, I love family trees, Hugo, especially given that I'm a gardener. ;) And my first question is how are you and I related? Or are we? *looks in his family tree* I don't see that we are, but then, the Gamgee clan is a rather unusual and unique breed. B-) But, given we're hobbits, we must be related somehow, even if it's generations and generations of halflings ago. :-\
johobbit

Re: Family Trees

Postby Meltintalle » Mar 31, 2012 9:54 am

The Gamgees grow family trees in their garden? ...I was aware that you'd planted a mallorn in place of the Party Tree, but I had yet to hear that you'd named one of your extensive family after it!

I'm sure we must have a connection somewhere to the Gamgees. Do you have any family in Harbottle?
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby MountainFireflower » Mar 31, 2012 10:13 am

I'm not a hobbit, so I don't think I'm related to any of you. [-( I'm a dwarf, thank you very much, and a dwarf I'll stay.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Meltintalle » Mar 31, 2012 10:17 am

I don't know anything about dwarf family trees -- this could be a very interesting field of study! Master Fili, I understand you have a brother?
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby MountainFireflower » Mar 31, 2012 10:19 am

Yes, Sir Bracegirdle, I do have a brother. And I expect him to arrive at any second. So be prepared. Kili and I are a sight to behold indeed.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby johobbit » Mar 31, 2012 10:21 am

Dear Hugo Bracegirdle, you'd be surprised what S. Gamgee, Grand and Good Gardener, can do. ;) Actually, the mallorn is doing better than ever, but there is another tree—from a seed of the fourth White Tree of Gondor —that I planted later in Hobbiton, with each leaf representing one of my ancestry and bloodline.

I don't recall any close relations in northern Hardbottle, no, but as there were Fallohide hobbits in my ancient ancestry, we have relatives still in Bree (having left the woodland shores of the Anduin generations ago), as well as other hamlets in the Shire.

Gundabald, calling Gundabald! Now, there's another name one doesn't hear too often. I wonder where he fits in ...

EDIT: Hey Fili! How're ya' doing? Glad you're gonna stay a dwarf, because we hobbits refuse to share our relations with anyone. :P
johobbit

Postby stargazer » Mar 31, 2012 10:39 am

I know I'm related to S. Gamgee, father extraordinaire, and Rosie Gamgee (née Cotton), mother of outstanding qualities and nature. Also, I have 12 siblings, with whom I also happen to be related. ;) ;))
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby MountainFireflower » Mar 31, 2012 10:42 am

Samwise Gamgee wrote:Hey Fili! How're ya' doing? Glad you're gonna stay a dwarf, because we hobbits refuse to share our relations with anyone. :P

How rude. I feel quite insulted. I shall carry a grudge about this until the end of my days.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby ramagut » Mar 31, 2012 11:11 am

I am here, young'un, just trying to remember my distant relations.
I and my relations are from Budgeford, on the Water.

Now, this Doctor fellow came and told me to get in this box and brought me here to help. This is all very fascinating. This Doctor also told me that one of my son's children's children's married into the Baggins clan. I understand they are of some importance to you all.
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby The Old Maid » Apr 01, 2012 12:05 pm

Alas, O Hobbits who live in peace and plenty, I am but a gigantor of the Big People and my footsteps are like unto an oliphaunt trundling up to water. I do have a family tree of my species, though, so maybe I can share a platter of strawberries with ye if I promise not to squish anyone and not to cross the borders of your fair land. Meet any Brandybucks at the Prancing Pony in Bree, perhaps?
It's back! My humongous [technical term] study of What's behind "Left Behind" and random other stuff.

The Upper Room | Sponsor a child | Genealogy of Jesus | Same TOM of Toon Zone
The Old Maid
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby starkat » Apr 01, 2012 1:08 pm

I am not a Brandybuck, but Mister Merry is. I'm a Gamgee! Daughter of Samwise and Rosie. My grandfather is Hamfast Gamgee. We are originally from the village of Gamwich.
starkat

Postby Ithilwen » Apr 01, 2012 5:39 pm

My family tree -- or the family tree of any Timelord, really -- is very hard to trace, due to the whole situation of the Looms. But some people have told me my mother may have been human. Don't know for sure.
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.