This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Isis Mussenden - Official Website

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Isis Mussenden - Official Website

Postby icarus » Aug 21, 2010 5:49 pm

I'm not entirely sure if this is brand new or not, but this is the first time its ever showed up on one of my standard Narnia related searches, and i figured there is a pretty good chance that if i didn't know about it, then a lot of other people probably wouldn't of seen it either. So anyway, the official website of Isis Mussenden:

http://web.me.com/imussenden/costume_po ... /home.html

If you click on "Film/Television" and then "Fantasy" you should get through to a page with links for all three Narnia movies - though the VDT page just contains a book cover as a placeholder image at the moment.

The Prince Caspian and LWW pages however contain all sorts of awesome things - some costume design sketches, some of which appear to be by Oksana Nedavniaya, some of which appear to be by someone else. There is also a few really cool close ups on some of the intricate detailings for several costumes, and some brand new behind the scenes photos which i've never seen before of various costumes. Some really sweet stuff there. Go check them out.

http://web.me.com/imussenden/costume_po ... /home.html

Oksana Nedavniaya's page is also well worth checking out if you are interested: http://www.oksieart.com/
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Re: Isis Mussenden - Official Website

Postby Lady Éowyn » Aug 21, 2010 6:35 pm

Um, icarus, can I just hug you really hard? Thanks. :D You're a great Narnia sleuth.

This is great, I've never seen it before. Feels fairly new and untested, unless I'm mistaken. Sometimes the slideshow links don't work, and there are actually random hotspots in the top navigation (in between contemporary, fantasy, period, etc.) that lead straight to Google. :-??

The images are great. Any new images are great, but I particularly love the close-ups of the embroidery, on Caspian's shirt and trousers, and the concept art and behind-the-scenes shot of Susan's farewell dress. The two Narnia illustrations on Oksana Nedavniaya's site are very neat as well.

Now, I wonder if there is any way to extract the images from Isis Mussenden's site? I'm hoping some of them are bigger in size, just constrained to the size of the slideshow. Bigger photos help so much for the detail images.

Yay for Isis Mussenden! Your own site! :ymparty:

ETA: Okay, trying to get bigger shots, I doubt there are any. But in my experimenting, I discovered that the last picture in the PC gallery is labeled Gomez—her son wasn't just a centaur, he was an extra in the coronation procession!
Lady Éowyn
Moderator Emeritus

Postby icarus » Aug 23, 2010 11:54 am

Hahahaha. Thanks :) I was absolutely fascinated by lots of the pictures.

I always love seeing pictures from the Parade/Celebration from the end, because the whole sequence goes by so quickly in the movie that you hardly ever get a chance to admire all the little details they put into it. Along with the Dancing scene in LWW, its disappointing that so much of it got cut out (e.g. Bacchus/Silenus, etc). That's a neat little detail about Gomez by the way :D - how did you get the labelling on the pictures to come up?

Also really like all the costume concept sketches from LWW, though my absolute favourite one has to be the one of the 4 Pevensies in their School Uniforms from Prince Caspian - Peter looks like he is supposed to be some sort of High School Jock Quarterback dude! It just cracks me up every time. ;)

Was a bit confused by one of the costume detail close ups. Most of them i figured were supposed to be close ups from the costume in the pictures immediately either side of them, but there is one picture of some sort of swirly multi-coloured dress fabric, which is situated in between pictures of Miraz's Council Chamber outfit and Miraz's Coronation oufit, but i don't believe its actually from either. Looks more like something Prunaprismia would wear.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby RoseRed » Aug 24, 2010 7:59 am

yay! :D this's brilliant! thanks so much for finding this icaurs,and woo for isis mussenden having her own site! :ymhug:
*sighs* the concept art for susans' farewell dress is so lovely...
Grief for the movies made me abandon narniaweb...but I'm so glad to be back!
Many thanks to the wonderful Lady Eowyn for making my sig/av.
RoseRed
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Aug 27, 2010 12:46 pm

ooh, cool! thanks for finding that Icarus! :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Meltintalle » Aug 27, 2010 2:46 pm

icarus wrote:there is one picture of some sort of swirly multi-coloured dress fabric, which is situated in between pictures of Miraz's Council Chamber outfit and Miraz's Coronation oufit, but i don't believe its actually from either.
There's seam that makes a 'V' shape up near the top... originally I was going to suggest maybe a cloak and that's the hood.

But it almost looks like the under robe in the painting of Dr. Cornelius a few shots later. I don't have any good shots of the lower half of that costume from the movie so I don't know if I'm way off base in suggesting that. :)
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby narnialover101 » Aug 28, 2010 4:18 pm

Meltintalle wrote:
icarus wrote:there is one picture of some sort of swirly multi-coloured dress fabric, which is situated in between pictures of Miraz's Council Chamber outfit and Miraz's Coronation oufit, but i don't believe its actually from either.
But it almost looks like the under robe in the painting of Dr. Cornelius a few shots later. I don't have any good shots of the lower half of that costume from the movie so I don't know if I'm way off base in suggesting that. :)

Actually that is from the council chamber outfit. It is the back side of the vest/cloak thing he's wearing. You can see a bit of the swirly pattern in the photo HERE.

I'll always be a,
NL101 :)
Rest in Peace Old Narniaweb
(2003-2009)
narnialover101
Moderator Emeritus
Narniaweb's Resident Peter Pan Gone Gangsta'

Postby ChristProclamer » Nov 17, 2010 9:23 pm

That's awesome. I've looked long and hard for Isis' official site, or any site with her work...some of those I've seen before, but not all. I love the concept art for Susans farewell dress, and the school uniforms...I had to laugh at Edmund!

Great find, Icarus!
ChristProclamer
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Adeona » May 17, 2011 1:12 am

Just thought I'd note that Isis' portfolio has been updated with VDT stuff. :) ChristProclamer did point this out already in the main Movie Discussion forum, but I though mention here would not go amiss. :)

It's lovely getting to seem some detail on the Dufflepud costumes, particularly. I do wish there was a shot of Lilliandil, though!
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby juzuma loves lucy » Jun 08, 2011 8:44 am

Yes, Lilliandil's beautiful! I wonder how they maked that blue light around her. :-\ In my country (Poland) on Blu-Ray there is an animation about what happened to Dawn Treader crew. I haven't got it because I haven't got BR player, but maybe Lilliandil is seen there? But I know that she married Caspian.
Lucy:Do you remember who really defeated the White Witch?
Peter: Yes.
Susan:No.
Lucy:Do you both believe in Narnia?
Narnians, Caspian and Edmund:We believe.
Susan and Peter:Shut up.
juzuma loves lucy
NarniaWeb Nut