This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby Gymfan15 » Oct 08, 2017 4:54 pm

You don't really use the Monstrobot outside of the Warpath (no new Physical areas) so I wouldn't prioritize it over the Laby stuff (which IS used elsewhere). Since you're in the Warpath for maps anyway, might as well see if you can get the Metal to drop, otherwise...*shrug* I dunno; it's been such a long time since I started the Warpath; I have no idea.

Well, the Mousehunt gods enjoy toying with me; no Temporal Shadow Plates, Dragon Teeth, Warpath portal projector parts or Timesplit Runes (recently), but hey, you can loot two Sandblasted Metals in a row! *rolls eyes*
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby daughter of the King » Oct 09, 2017 12:18 pm

Gymfan15 wrote:You don't really use the Monstrobot outside of the Warpath (no new Physical areas) so I wouldn't prioritize it over the Laby stuff (which IS used elsewhere). Since you're in the Warpath for maps anyway, might as well see if you can get the Metal to drop, otherwise...

Makes sense. Actually, that's probably why I didn't prioritize it when I first got to the Warpath. I think the Living Garden was out by that point.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Aravanna » Oct 12, 2017 11:29 am

fantasia_kitty wrote:@Ara, did I tell you an official congrats on your Mino base yet? If not, congratulations!! :D :D

Thanks for the official congrats!

If I were you, I'd knock out Fort Rox now. Unless you're wanting to participate in future Relic Hunter treasure maps, that's a completely useless area. Then I'd move onto the FRift. Unless you want/need the MYNOCRA trap, that's another area that can easily sit on the sidelines.

Thanks for all the advice! I already have the MYNOCRA trap but I'm almost done with the FRift, I just need to recharge my last battery, then I'll move to the Meteor. Both areas are great for overnight and Sunday hunting I've noticed. That's great because I've been doing Warpath maps and that place is terrible if you're not hunting actively. ;))

I've kind of prioritized the Warpath because practically everyone is hunting there right now. It's way more fun to hunt with you all then be off by myself somewhere.

In my humble opinion, I think it is MUCH harder getting into a Treasury Hallway than it is getting the Minotaur so that's what I'd set up for, but that's just me.

Really? Okay, I can switch strategies, I just want one run ready to go. And IF I get a Warpath Portal and everything else set up, I'll consider more Labyrinth runs for the other traps I don't have. That area does wear me out. It's long for starters, but sometimes it just doesn't want to give me the hallway I need so I have to throw tons of resources at it.

Varna wrote:For 2018 that list of my still missing eggs is very short.

SHELDER. X(

Oh, I'm sorry! That's really really annoying! I got incredibly lucky with him. My husband has even more luck. He's caught the Shelder 4 times for some reason.

- 2 more bronzes will make me reach the next rank in the 90% Crown Club. Perhaps Crystal Golem and Warmonger - or Soul Binder and Manaforge Smith?

Oooh, that sounds illustrious! Congrats in advance!

daughter of the King my advice would be the same as Gymfan's... it's not really used after the Warpath, and even if you do treasure maps, not many advanced areas use Physical traps.

Gymfan I hope you get more drops soon! I hate being in a dry spell where the game makes me farm for months for everything.
Aravanna
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Oct 16, 2017 7:20 am

@Dot, obviously the top level areas don't use physical traps, but if you're the type of person to do lots of treasure maps, it's one of the ones I use the most.
To be honest, the devs threw out a tidbit a while back in FBF about needing all of the top level traps in some future high level area. Now, I was under the impression it was just an idea way down the line, not something in the near future, but it's my personal opinion that it's worth snagging, just in case. :)

I'm just about done with two of my four goals. I have two Warpath Portal Projectors now, one to snag the Artillery Commander and another to save for the Egg Hunt.

I also have just three more Acolytes to catch at most before I get the new trap. However, this particular time in the BWRift isn't giving me much more than Ancient and Runic portals, so I'm going slow. LOL
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby fantasia » Oct 17, 2017 12:39 pm

Event season totally sneaked on me this year. I didn't even think about the fact that Halloween is close until Varna posted on FB last night re: the ghost ships showing up on the app map. Well, I sped up my Acolyte attempt by skipping the Acolyte Influence blessing :( in the hopes that we could finish our map. It's got the Harbinger of Death on it and he's playing hard to get.

Kind of waiting on that to really start in on the Halloween event, but I think I've read through enough of the news info that I have a pretty good idea of what's going on. And I also see that I'm just not in a good spot for this event. Moussu Picchu is ideal but I don't really want to use regular cheese as I still have stashes of the high level cheese to use up first. But I may as well save it for later.

However, the Spooky Shuffle has been updated to include some super amazing drops to help out with the BWRift and MP. Glad I had saved 81 tickets from last year. :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Oct 17, 2017 2:44 pm

Actually, FK, I've found that MoPi is a great place to farm GGG (I'm just hunting like normal and it's showing up every other hunt or so). And I'm getting ready for a Fulmina run, so I plan to use my Cannonballs there; that will be worth a gooood amount of points. That's my best shot for clearing the Ancient Apparition because I JUST started a Laby run so I'm nowhere near a boss mouse.

For the Phantom of the Plane, I'm prolly going to go use up some FRift cheese I've got stashed up; I was just about to start a run at the 9th battery so this is good timing.

For reference, here's the different ships with the point requirements to defeat as well as how long the aura lasts. I'm trying to clear three quick ones to get my Aura going and finish the Adventure, but after that, I'll probably just work on the last two since they are the areas I'd like to get bonus loot for.

The Gnawnian Ghoul: 8,000/15h
The Martial Mayhem: 85,000/18h
The Soul of the Sea: 560,000/20h
The Demon of the Desert: 630,000/22h
The Ancient Apparation: 1,575,000/1d
The Phantom of the Plane: 1,620,000/1d6h
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Oct 20, 2017 7:13 am

I've taken out two Phantom of the Plane ghost ships. The drops weren't quite what I was hoping for, though they certainly weren't bad. I'll probably turn my attention to The Ancient Apparition instead.

I'm extremely, extremely close to both the Dragonvine Ballista (less than 40 scales) and Timespit Rune (two more Acolytes) traps. The Halloween event is distracting me and therefore annoying me. :)) Probably not the best attitude to have. But once I'm done farming cannonballs I'm going back to MoPi to farm more dragonscales and shoot some ghost ships. ;)

Is there a list somewhere of which Halloween mice appear in which location? Trying to finish up the treasure map too.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Oct 20, 2017 9:25 am

FK, on the forum someone made a list; lemmie dig it up:

https://www.mousehuntgame.com/forum/sho ... nt-mouse-X (just scroll down; the best list is about halfway down the page I think).

I've sunk several ships; I think...4? I'm getting ready to go on a nice big Fulmina run so that will sink one or two more, plus I've still got an AA and FRift mice I can take out to sink those ships. I might also go back and so some of the easier ships for the aura; the Town of Gnawnia one is extremely easy to sink; so is the Dojo one.

The rewards of the ships are nice but I think the aura is better; I'm going to see how many extensions I can get before the event is over.

I'm thinking of busting out my other completed Chrome chest so I can have a luck and power aura going on at the same time; oooooOOOOOooohhhh. :D
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Varnafinde » Oct 20, 2017 1:21 pm

I was so proud of having done some real preparation for this Halloween event. I found in the MH Wiki that the M400 mouse was one of the best for points, and not too hard to get, I only had to do a library assignment for it.

I did the assignment, and now have the last part of the assignment ready to go for: Catch the M400 in Elub Shore.
Only Elub Shore isn't a Ghostship area ...

My first ship was brought down in Town in Gnawnia, and it took me around 25 Cannonballs - more than I had expected, but perhaps my expectations were wrong. The next few were in Furoma, hunting the Dojo Sensei with around 1000 OG cheese. That's still an area to go back to when I run out of higher level cheese.

Now I'm in Fungal Cavern, have only one Diamond cheese left, but am also getting good points (and ship damage) from the mice I can catch with Gemstone cheese. Perhaps I can even bronze one or two of those mice. I just need more minerals - tons of minerals ... When I've run out of Gemstone cheese, I'll go to Moussu Picchu.

I have the aura for a couple more days, and I'm hoping to extend it all the way to 1st December, when it stops and will "completely dissipate".
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby Gymfan15 » Oct 20, 2017 4:48 pm

That is indeed frustrating, Bee...I thought about prepping for a M400 too, but now I'm glad I didn't...with my luck, it wouldn't have been within a ship area either!
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Gymfan15 » Oct 23, 2017 5:09 pm

So I didn't realize that they had Halloween tournies, and I burned through 9 pieces of Lockbox Limburger beforehand...whoops. :(( The extra Shuffle tickets and Cannonballs woulda been nice, but oh well! We still got some.

I'd be happy to do another tourney towards the end of Halloween, if anyone wants to join me in saving up all our LL cheese for a massive joint run.

Heading out on a week trip tomorrow; I think I'll still be able to hunt well but it's always a bit harder when you're not at home.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Oct 26, 2017 6:38 am

I'm up to four lockbox cheese that I'm saving for a tournament if there's another you all are wanting to do. But I admit, I'm not trying at all this event. If it's convenient for me to work on it in tandem with what I'm already doing, great, but if not, I'm ignoring it completely. :P ;))

Not last night but the night before I caught the last Acolyte I needed for the Timesplit Dissonance Trap. That's done and checked off the list.

I need 14 more dragonscales to get the Dragonvine Ballista Trap and as soon as I've run out of Glowing Gruyere Cheese later today, I'll start my last farming run for that trap as well. Maybe I'll get it tomorrow? Definitely by this weekend I'm sure. Then I get to start in on the upgrade.

I'd like to go snag that Artillery Commander in the Warpath. I have all the stuff I need and I'm at the end of Wave 3, but I'm waiting for someone with a treasure map that I can help out on so Wave 4 isn't wasted.

And that just leaves the base from Relic Hunter maps. If anybody else is wanting to tackle these, let me know. I'll probably reserve low level spots for Ryadian and Gazer, but other than that, I'm open to whomever is interested.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby shastastwin » Oct 26, 2017 10:01 am

I'm storing up my Lockbox cheese for a tourney/the end of the event. I've been focusing on the Hollow Heights ships because I feel like that's the most bang for my bucks -- help with MP and the Laby. The BWRift I'm not as worried about as I have a pretty decent guarantee of it taking X number of runs to complete. Laby runs at this point depend on the Mino loot I can get and MP is down to how many Ful'Mina catches I can squeeze in, so getting more supplies for those areas seems the most useful thing to spend my time on.

I'm at 227 Dragonscales, so it shouldn't be too terribly long before I get the first trap from MP. I haven't looted any Ful'Mina's Teeth yet, so I'll probably always be trying for the upgrade. 8-}

I'm still in need of the Console for the FW portal projector. Once I've got it, I'll probably get to late Wave 3 or Wave 4 and leave myself set up for Easter. The Warmonger and the Deep, Deep, Deep Eggs are the only ones I'm missing from last year. I'm almost set up for the D3; just a few thousand meters to go. I expect there will be new eggs for the BWRift and MP, and possibly for the Heart of the Meteor (in which case, I need to get a Fort Rox Console as well). Other than those, I'm not sure where else to expect new eggs since they've pretty much covered the general eggs they can add. I just hope there aren't any like the Shelder again this year. x_x

FK, I already have the new base, but I can jump on any maps if you need an extra hunter. I'll definitely be up for FW maps when we're all ready to focus there again.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby daughter of the King » Oct 26, 2017 11:08 am

I'm probably also going to stick to Hollow Heights ships. The more loot the better!

fantasia_kitty wrote:And that just leaves the base from Relic Hunter maps. If anybody else is wanting to tackle these, let me know.

*raises hand* I'd be up for that since I don't have the new base.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby fantasia » Oct 31, 2017 11:21 am

Got the Dragon Lance trap a couple days ago. So, here's my to-do list.

Storm Wrought Ballista - Currently 180/1200 Scales to go
Season 5 Relic Hunter Base
Catch the Artillery Commander - Ready to go, just waiting to help out with a Warpath map. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby stargazer » Oct 31, 2017 12:29 pm

Since this is all new to me I'm sticking to the Halloween stuff rather than progressing with the regular quests (which will still be waiting for me when this ends). Catching Captain Cannonball and looting the pirate ships seems pretty profitable at this point.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

PreviousNext