This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Rumor: SC Hires Crew Members

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

Rumor: SC Hires Crew Members

Postby Rogin » Jul 04, 2017 11:36 am

Browsing through Instagram and came across something interesting in regards to The Silver Chair. The post was from a user of Reddit who posted 3 photos from what looks to be an upcoming press release. From casting directors to the production designer - it's all there. They also mentioned when/where production would begin.

The Narnia fandom usually doesn't have the 'troll' type we see with Marvel and Star Wars but obviously it should be taken with several grains of salt.

User: https://www.reddit.com/user/TheAbandoning/
Rogin
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Rumor: SC Hires Crew Members

Postby Impending Doom » Jul 04, 2017 12:37 pm

ComicBook.com is reporting on it as fact. I'm sure others will soon follow even though it's not confirmed. Even if you think it's legit (which I do), websites should still make it obvious to the audience that it isn't official.

That's one talented group of filmmakers!!
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby narnia fan 7 » Jul 04, 2017 1:05 pm

After what happened with the 'fake' David Magee twitter account from a few years ago, I'm a little repressive to believe this until we get confirmation.

That said this looks pretty legit from what I can tell.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby fantasia » Jul 04, 2017 1:23 pm

The news posters are looking into it. Thanks guys!
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Glumpuddle » Jul 04, 2017 1:42 pm

Looks like it's a fake, but we'll do some more checking...

Thanks Rogin!
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Postby Impending Doom » Jul 04, 2017 2:34 pm

Glumpuddle wrote:Looks like it's a fake, but we'll do some more checking...

Ugh. Pretty disappointing to say the least. Looking closer at it - I can see why it's being called into question. We likely won't get a confirmation either way since we're close to when they'd actually make such an announcement.
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby narnia fan 7 » Jul 04, 2017 4:21 pm

Glumpuddle wrote:Looks like it's a fake, but we'll do some more checking...

*sigh* I was afraid of that.

This looked really legit to me at first, but now that I've been looking at it more closely and comparing it too the previous press releases, it does look a little suspicious.

There are no quotes from any of the people involved, it's strange that it says exactly how long filming would be, but doesn't include a release date. The first paragraph is just copy and pasted from this press release, only the date is removed. And a large part of it looks copy and pasted from this press release for Prince Caspian, only with the names changed.
Also studios don't usually announce all the major crew members for a film all at once do they?

I guess somebody had too much time on their hands and decided to trick us fans. :|
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 04, 2017 4:31 pm

I honestly haven't read a lot of official press releases for films so I don't know what to look for in terms of authenticity, but the inconsistency in punctuation alone led me to think that it was at best an early draft. After hearing that it is probably a fake, it's really puzzling to me that someone would take the time to put a hoax together when we're likely to see a genuine press release relatively soon. Perhaps it is the hoaxer's idea of a "wish list" relating to who they would like to see hired, but I don't think that's the right way to go about trying to influence the filmmakers!
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Impending Doom » Jul 04, 2017 8:06 pm

I've been going through each of the names listed and I wouldn't be surprised if a number of these people are actually involved with The Silver Chair.

I'm sure many of these roles have already been filled and that SC is being actively worked on. Studio is just waiting for the right time to make an announcement. Hopefully it's soon.

narnia fan 7 wrote:Also studios don't usually announce all the major crew members for a film all at once do they?

It depends of how fast the production comes together. It's not 'normal' but it's also not unexpected. In SC's case, I am expecting something similar to what this press release looked like. A quick plot synopsis, people that are involved, when production is set to begin, and maybe a release date.
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby coracle » Jul 04, 2017 8:32 pm

Nina Gold did VDT casting, so she is a guess based on a UK connection.

The Location rumour is merely guessing from LWW filming days.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Glumpuddle » Jul 05, 2017 9:18 am

It's fake. :( Here's our report.

No truth to hiring: Robert Legato, Richard Taylor, Joel Harlow, Andy Nicholson, Jacqueline West, Thomas Newman, or Robert Dalva. No composers have been considered.
Shelly Johnson is a likely choice but nothing is official yet.

Thanks for posting, Rogin! :-bd I'm glad we caught it before it spread too far. If anything like this ever pops up again, sending a spy report is usually the fastest way to reach us. :)
Also, fyi, daughter of the king and The Rose-Tree Dryad are news posters.
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Postby puddleglum32 » Sep 15, 2017 8:28 pm

Please just keep Liam Neeson as Aslan. No matter how many times I watch the movies every time Aslan speaks I still get goosebumps... Also since they will probably not sign on Harry Greyson-Williams, I hope that the new composer at least has the "Narnia theme" in the movie.

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby coracle » Oct 06, 2017 1:50 am

MOD NOTE:
We've really reached the stage where important announcements can be expected soon on cast and crew.

When you want to write about the Cast, rather than Crew, please will you look for threads in the Cast and Character Discussion Forum?
There is one that discusses Aslan recasting:
http://forum.narniaweb.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7849&start=32

Thanks.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie