This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby shastastwin » Jun 30, 2017 5:57 am

I only have 2 Absolute Acolytes so far. Third run is being a bit of a booger. Not getting enough Ancient Labs, and no sign of the Guard Barracks yet.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » Jun 30, 2017 8:29 am

FBF Summary...
Next week, probably Wednesday, there will be an update to the BWRift, including two new treasure maps. One will be BWRift only and the other will be a combo FRift and BWRift map.

After that, full focus will be on Moussu Picchu. They said the planning is done, most mice are done, they're going to start coding the area. It's going to be a smaller area as it's there solely to lead into the first Archduke area, but there will be a new best-in-game Draconic trap.

After that, sounds like they're planning on Treasure Maps season 5, so if you don't have the special trap from season 4 yet, start working on it. (Varna, if you need extra hunters on your maps, I'm running low on Ancient charms so I'm down for helping. I'm out of Relic Hunter maps again. :P LOL)

It doesn't sound like Ronza is coming any time soon, at least not before Moussu Picchu.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jul 01, 2017 11:03 am

Moussu Picchu sounds amazing. . . . . But I'd rather have Ronza come, because I'd like to spend my gold without an anxiety attack ;))

I've got everything to buy the MYNORCA trap now, with about 7 million left to spare. . . . Maybe if I get another 8 million. I'd then be up to 31 million, which, after MYNORCA would leave me with 15 million, which will be enough to do Ronza stuff.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby fantasia » Jul 02, 2017 1:27 pm

DiGs, I'm always happy to spot you some gold if you want to get the MYNORCA and then Ronza shows up. But if you're not having much trouble catching mice (which I imagine you're not since you should have the Codex) then I'd probably skip it and save the gold.

I had a pretty major streak of DHU last night. Drained the Acolyte's hourglass to 0 and then could NOT attract the Acolyte. I don't know how many hunts it took to finally catch him, but I was getting awfully close to 0 in my own hourglass. Kind of made me nervous. ;)) But I caught him, which brings me up to 8 total, so now two acolytes to go to get the bronze mysterious box. And I'm officially over halfway to the base. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Jul 02, 2017 5:58 pm

Wow, 8 Acolytes. I'm working on my 4th, lol!

I guess slowness aside, I've had decent DLU...I got a Timesplit Rune from my second AND third Acolytes. :-o So now I just need to farm cogs and one more Rune and I've got the trap and base. I'm about halfway to having the needed Cogs for the base, so I hope to have it within two or three more Acolytes? The trap will take much, much longer but not having to worry about getting so many Runes to drop is nice.

Makes up for my miserable DHU in the Labyrinth, I guess, lol!
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby fantasia » Jul 02, 2017 6:37 pm

Congrats on those Runes Gymmie, that's awesome. :D You should get that base well before me unless I get lucky and get a rune myself.
Out of curiosity, when you had those runes drop, did you get the 5 cogs as well? I'm guessing so if you say you're halfway there. 3 Acolytes = 15 Cogs.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Jul 02, 2017 7:34 pm

Yep. Although I only have 14 Cogs because I bought the Codex.

Lowkey working on Relic Hunter maps concurrently because A.) I want the theme and B.) my friend doesn't have the S4 trap yet and it'd be nice if she could get it before the new season starts. But we'll see.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jul 03, 2017 4:10 pm

I decided to take a break from the new area and head back to the Labyrinth. I'm having an awesome Mino run. . . . 32-25-15-10DE. . . And that's just with two days of hunting.

Question y'all. . . With the new base, do you think we could skip crafting the mino base? I wasn't exactly planning on getting it any time soon, but I don't know.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby Gymfan15 » Jul 03, 2017 6:42 pm

The Mino base is better UNLESS you're in a Rift area getting the 3-piece bonus. So I'd still get the Mino Base; it's relatively easy to get IMHO because of how plentiful RRSPG is...heck, you could probably just buy them off the marketplace if you don't have enough yet and it wouldn't even cost you that much.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 04, 2017 10:56 am

I bought the Codex, and since then I've accumulated 500 sprockets so I've been able to buy another cog. I now have 2 AAs and 10 cogs.
AND a Timesplit Rune, from my second AA! :D

I'll aim for 150 Ancient Rift cheese during my third run, and use more than half of it for Runic. If possible, I'll do all the mini-games - you get the advantages of them whether you get the curses or not, and so far I haven't found the curses too hard to reset or avoid. That's with only 2 runs, though.

There's a risk that I might be playing less active over the next month - I have a RL project that may take some time, and it may be easier just to park myself somewhere and catch whatever comes. I have made a good amount of Jungle of Dread cheeses, and may aim for silvering some of the mice there - with enough cheese, it's a good place for passive hunting.

When I'm active, I'll go for more AAs or for more treasure maps (I use a lot of Ancient charms, and I enjoy doing maps).
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jul 04, 2017 1:52 pm

Oh I already have all of the RRSPG right now. . . it's just the cost, and the time commitment to farm all of the individual loot districts.

I entered the minotaur's lair. We'll see how quickly I get through this (and hopefully with another Temporal plate!!!)
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 05, 2017 8:56 am

DiGoRyKiRkE wrote: to farm all of the individual loot districts.

Those 700 of each district were really hard. I don't know how many months they took me.

I still need more Plates of Fealty for the Temporal Turbine trap - but I also need 2 Temporal Shadow Plates for it, so I have a long way to go.

When I'm not enjoying myself on Treasure maps, I'm farming Ancient String Cheese potions in BW Rift.
Varnafinde

Postby Gymfan15 » Jul 05, 2017 6:55 pm

I went ahead and sold my second Timesplit Rune. I may end up regretting that later but I don't think I will...the price has already almost halved from when I got my first Rune to drop, and I think that will keep falling as Bronze boxes become more and more common and there are more Runes in the Marketplace. And it takes SO many Runes to get the trap that by the time I'll care about having one more or not, I'll probably be able to buy two or three (or more!) with the gold I just got. :p

I see it being like Predatory Processors or RRSPG; somewhere in between.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 07, 2017 7:13 pm

I'm going to monitor closely my amount of Timesplit Runes and Clockwork Cogs. 50 cogs will replace 1 rune, so when I start getting both cogs and runes, I'll check when I have a possible combination for buying the trap, and then buy it.

I've only got 1 rune right now, and that will be for the base.
Varnafinde

Postby fantasia » Jul 07, 2017 8:29 pm

I think you made the right decision Gymmie. :)

I snagged my 10th Acolyte yesterday and to my surprise, got my first bronze box. Thought those started at 11 catches, but I'm not complaining. I now have enough material to buy a rune, but I'm holding off in case one drops for me.
Also had my first wealth portal this morning. :D Those are nice.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Jul 09, 2017 2:57 pm

I finally got into the Acolyte chamber for the first time. It's taken me awhile. I didn't succeed in catching an Acolyte. At least I got in. How much sand do I need?
starkat

PreviousNext