This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby Varnafinde » Apr 25, 2017 12:52 pm

The Sandtail Sentinel is my top physical trap. I have 1 Sandblasted Metal as my very first FW drop, and if I ever get looted a second one, I'll craft the Monstrobot, but I haven't wanted to buy another metal yet. The Sentinel does a good job for now.

I think that if you have 15-20-15-35-2-10, then you'll have 15/97, 20/97, 15/97, 35/97, 2/97, 10/97 chances respectively of getting those mice from the total pool. Then it makes very much sense that you would get most Cavalry mice in that case.

I have FTCed a Flame Ordnance, and hoped for another and changed to Arcane, but there was no streak and I FTCed a Crimson Titan instead. Back to the Sandtail Sentinel. If I have no success before bedtime, I'll leave him for hunting overnight.

Edit:
Just had success :D
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby Gymfan15 » Apr 25, 2017 11:10 pm

Good luck with your Warmonger! And I hope he drops something good like a Sandblasted Metal. :D

Working on a Laby run...gah I am really sick and tired of still being in the Laby...I just need ONE Temporal Plate; I'm totally willing to buy the second but I can't really stomach the thought of buying two, lol. But I guess I will if I have to; this is the only area that I haven't "finished" yet (Aside from Fort Rox because I'm just waiting for Easter to be over to go into the Heart of the Meteor).
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby Varnafinde » Apr 28, 2017 6:30 am

The Warmonger didn't drop anything especially good, only charms and flameshards and such. Good items if you need them, but there are other things I need more at the moment. Like charge charms for the ship - and with all the MM cheese I get, I can buy them.

Shelder grinding for the time being. And in 5 or 6 hours I should go to FG/AR as well, for some Chrono hunting. Only those two eggs left now - and still a few days for getting them ...
Varnafinde

Postby Gymfan15 » May 01, 2017 12:43 am

Just about done with Easter...I caught a second Mino (no trap loot) and am now doing a Scholar run...if I'd had my head on straight I would have done a Treasury run instead for the eggs and extra loot; oh well.

My low-key Laby goal (aside from getting the dang Temporal Turbine) is to stock up as much district loot as possible so that if/when Ronza comes, I can convert it into lantern oil and then Lantern Oil charms (because those are dang useful and I didn't get nearly as many as I wanted last year because I was out of supplies).

Part of me is wondering if I should just go gold farm in the FRift for awhile and buy the shadow plates off the marketplace, but they're SO expensive; the very thought makes me want to vomit, lol.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Varnafinde » May 01, 2017 8:59 am

Shelter hunting for more than two days - I've got dozens of S. S. Huntington III Eggs and Pirate Eggs, and have done some silvering in the Aquatic Order. I've spent close to a hundred Galleon Gouda, and a lot of SB+.

About 24 hrs left of the SEH. I think I'll only use up the rest of my GG (and perhaps use SB+ to get 2 more silvers), and if I haven't got a Shelder by then, I'll give up for now and leave it for next year. I would like to get one or two event crowns as well, and hunt for them at Gnawnia Rift, where the event mice drop Rift eggs!

I got both the Aether and the Chrono this year, which I gave up last year after long hunting. So I'm at 145/146, which will be a little bit annoying if it stays that way - but not to the level of whining annoying ...
Varnafinde

Postby fantasia » May 01, 2017 9:28 am

Gymmie wrote:Part of me is wondering if I should just go gold farm in the FRift for awhile and buy the shadow plates off the marketplace, but they're SO expensive; the very thought makes me want to vomit, lol.
Wow, I can't believe how much the price has spiked on those. If anyone needs gold, go farm in the Laby and sell your trap part drops! LOL I guess the good news is that if you at least get an Essence of Destruction to drop, you can sell it and buy the Temporal Shadow Plate because they're almost the same price.

Varna wrote:Shelter hunting for more than two days...
So, I did some calculations when they announced the Shelder egg. The attraction with SB+ is approximately 0.25% I believe. That's 1/400 hunts average. So for every person that catches a Shelder on their 1st hunt, some unlucky person catches him on their 800th hunt. :P :))
I average about 70 hunts in 24 hours, so if I figure that with 800 hunts, that meant I could be hunting for up to 12 days.... and that's me with my 70 hunts a day!
Lucky me I caught him in 4 days, so I was on the lower side, especially since I was hunting with Gouda, not SB+.
I never did any calculations with GG, so I have no idea how much that boosts your attraction, but it still looked low and you have to have someone on your team catch a Shelder to even get that cheese.

I caught a Mino yesterday, got a RRSPG to drop. Trying to get another before the end of the event, but I'm not getting a lot of DLU right now. Mostly getting grey squares.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » May 01, 2017 9:47 am

You could be hunting for up to 12 days - and this year, when the event is only 21 days, that's more than half the event! :-o
People quote HornTracker as giving the attraction rate as 1% with GG. Not much better than SB+ or Gouda.

I've been on three Shelder maps during the event, and I ought to go on at least ten over the next year to prepare for next SEH. Unless I get very lucky over the next couple of hours.
Varnafinde

Postby Gymfan15 » May 01, 2017 7:53 pm

In the FBF a little while back, I remember Dave saying that you had to make over 800 hunts with SB+ or 200 with GG and not catch a Shelder before you could claim DHU...makes sense. I certainly know hunters who went well beyond that before seeing him, which is crazy but also realistic.

I think I had him after three or four days...I think I started cycling on a Saturday and caught him early on a Tuesday? I forget. Anyway, it was definitely on the low end of the spectrum although I did end up getting him with Galleon Gouda, not SB+. Still, I cycled like crazy and I got tons of SB+ and gold so I am not complaining at ALL. I would have been willing to stick it out a lot longer if I had to.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Gymfan15 » May 02, 2017 6:54 pm

Time for the great Egg Smash...

This year I looted 68 unique eggs, which blew my other recorded years out of the water. It was a nice change from last year, where I only got 34 unique eggs; I blame all those required Laby runs for that!

Anyway, my eggs looted this year are as follows:
Acolyte Egg
Ascended Elder Egg
Barnicle Egg
Blue Argyle Egg
Caring Egg
Cave Diamond Egg
Cave Gemstone Egg
Century Egg
Clean Egg
Cook Egg
Coral Egg
Cove Egg
Croissant Egg
Crown Collector Egg
Crystal Behemoth Egg
Dawn Egg
Day Egg
Decrepit Tentacle Egg
Deep, Deep, Deep Egg
Enerchi Egg
Freshly Painted Egg
Friendly Egg
Fungal Egg
Gift Egg
Glowing Oil Egg
Gnawnia Egg
Golden Egg
Grand Master of the Dojo Egg
Green Plaid Egg
High Charge Egg
Hydra Egg
Low Charge Egg
Lucky Egg
Map Clue Egg
Market Monul Egg
Medium Charge Egg
Minotaur Egg
Monster Egg
Monster of the Meteor Egg
Mouse Scale Egg
Mutant Mongrel Egg
Nibbler Egg
Night Egg
Pirate Crew Egg
Pirate Egg
Pygmy Swarm Egg
Realm Ripper Egg
Rift Venom Egg
Riptide Egg
S. S. Huntington III Egg
Salty Sea Egg
Sand Dollar Egg
Scalloped Pin Egg
Sharing Egg
Shattered Egg
Shelder Egg
Sripy Red Egg
Sunken Treasure Egg
Teamwork Egg
Tiny Egg
Toxic Spill Egg
Tritus Egg
Underwater Predator Egg
Warmonger Egg
Warpath Egg
Wavy Purple Egg
Zokor Fealty Egg
Zokor Scholar Egg

And after smashing one of each (missing the Mutant Mongrel Egg because I smashed that one early), this was my loot:

1 Ancient Charm
21 Barnacles
12 Bolt of Cloth
20 Brie Cheese
5 Cavern Fungus
8 Cherry Charm
1 Chocolate Bunny
20 Chrome Charm
7 Crystal Crucible
16 Damaged Coral Fragment
1 Diamond Boost Charm
2 Divine Orb
2 Dragonbane
1 Eggstra Egg
5 Empowered Anchor Charms
2 Enerchi
1 Epic Orb
2 Fishy Fromage
34 Flawed Orb
22 Flawless Orb
15 Galleon Gouda
56.5k Gold
2 Howlite
1 Infused Plate
12 Ionized Salt
24 Kings Credit
2 Lantern Oil
5 Living Shard
17 Luck Charm
10 Lucky Rabbit Charm
37 Marble Cheese
1 Marshmallow Monterey
14 Meteorite Piece
5 Mineral
12 Mouse Scale
1 Nightshade
1 Null Onyx Stone
3 Plate of Fealty
1 Raisins of Wrath
1 Rift Mist
1 Rift Ultimate Luck Charm
2 Runic Potion
8 Salt
8 Sand Dollar
2 Scholar Scroll
32 Scrap Metal
80 Simple Orb
4 Soap Charm
1 Spring Hunt Endless Labyrinth Trap Skin
17 Stale Cheese
2 Super Cactus Charms
56 SuperBrie+
10 Tarnished Charm
10 Tech Power Core
10 Tournament Token
22 Ultimate Luck Charm
3 Ultimate Power Charm
5 Ultimate Power Charm
2 Ultimate Spore Charm
1 Umbrella
15 Unstable Charm
1 Vanilla Bean
2 Warpath Warrior Charm
12 Wealth Charm

Items of note is the Infused Plate (which I needed to make another Mino key; lucky for me) and VERY nice is the Rift Mist from the Shattering Egg, which allowed me to craft an Ultimate Charm after only catching 2/3 of the LG boss mice. Nice!
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » May 02, 2017 8:21 pm

Never bothered to keep track of my phat lootz from the Egg Hunt. But well done Gymmie on your haul. :D I know I can't complain myself, I did very well, and met my yearly goal of getting all of the eggs and doing so quickly. :D Thanks to the DLU on that Shelder! ;))

I had some DHU in the early morning hours that cost me two more Minotaur eggs. That's ok though, I'll survive without them. ;))

Hanging out in the FRift just because, and then I'll get back to helping with the Slayer map I'm on.

Looking forward to the BWRift, but only a little because it looks like a rehash of the Laby... was hoping for something a bit more original. However, I'm REALLY looking forward to Moussu Picchu and the following Archduchess area. :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby shastastwin » May 03, 2017 9:59 am

I was able to find all the new eggs except the Deep, Deep, Deep Egg and the Warmonger Egg. I will prepare for those next year.

I am currently trying to finish out Fort Rox. I have my portal projector and 5 pieces of Sunrise Cheese. Here's hoping I have a decent drop rate of Dawn Dust when I reach Dawn in order to get the rest of the cheese I need. Then I'll nab the Law upgrade and go for the Battering Ram mouse.

After that, I'll probably try to do Laby runs to work on getting the Temporal Turbine. 8-} That will mostly be to pass the time until the BWRift opens.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby Varnafinde » May 06, 2017 2:20 am

I decided in the end it would be better to choose to give up on the Shelder for now, rather than try until the end of the event and then probably still miss out on him. Next year. (And some Shelder maps before that, to farm GG cheese, if more people are willing to go along with them.)

I hunted event mice instead and farmed some event charms, and got some of those charms I had almost run out of. Ended with 145/146 eggs. I had hoped to become an Egg Master, but not this year.

After the event I've been to the Harbour for a while, working on bronzing the Pirate Crew mice, and then I've been running around working on treasure maps. I still need a Journal Theme piece or two, and there is loot to farm as well.

Like shastastwin I need to work on Fort Rox. I got the new trap, but I haven't caught the Battering Ram yet. When I find out the best way to catch him, I guess I'll try to bronze him (accepting that he'll ruin my wall in the process), and then ignore him.

Then more Laby runs. I need the Temporal Turbine as well. I need one or two Scholar runs to farm materials, and then Mino runs.

But I should also work on the last two batteries in Furoma Rift. By the time I repaired Battery 8, I had used up enough enerchi to bring me down to Battery 6. I managed to craft some Ascended cheese, and with an Ultimate charm I caught my first Ascended Elder (with Egg :) ).

So I've caught all the mice and bought all the weapons in the FRift, but I want to get crowns as well, and of course want to get to Battery 10. I'll probably take a break when the new area opens, though.
Varnafinde

Postby fantasia » May 09, 2017 2:23 am

I am bouncing back and forth between working on the last two batteries in the FRift and doing treasure maps. Just did my last Gilded map so I have the golden shield until the next area comes out, and I may do a few more Relic Hunter maps in the meantime. But I'm very close to repairing battery 9, so I will try to finish that first.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » May 09, 2017 5:16 pm

I'm up for Relic Hunter maps, FK...2/9 scraps; still soooo far to go, lol.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » May 09, 2017 5:34 pm

Cool :) I'm on a friend's map at the moment, but as soon as we're done with this one I'll open up a new one and shoot you an invite.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » May 12, 2017 12:09 am

You know, I've noticed we've been getting a lot of Regal Charms lately in the GotD; I wonder if a King's Giveaway is coming up soon...

Anyway, I'm just bouncing around doing different things. Trying to stock up district loot in case Ronza comes (for Lantern Oil Charms) but also lowkey working on Mino runs. Although, I know I am better off probably saving up gold to buy the Temporal Shadow plates eventually than playing the Mino roulette game because the drop rate is so abysmal. I think I might wait until Ronza comes and see if anyone is selling some at a discounted price on the MP.

Either way, I'm in no rush; I didn't/don't need the Temporal Turbine Trap for Fort Rox and unless the new area has a shadow component, I may not need it for awhile.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

PreviousNext