This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 03, 2017 7:05 pm

I'm having insane DHU in the labyrinth right now, and it's really starting to frustrate me...... like to the point where I just want to call it quits. Games should not cause stress.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby shastastwin » Feb 05, 2017 7:08 pm

I was able to squeeze in another Mino run after all! I got a double drop of Essence of Destruction! :D So once I do another Scholar run, I'll be crafting my Event Horizon. I'll either sell the other one off on the Marketplace or trade it to one of you.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » Feb 05, 2017 8:08 pm

Awesome stwin and congrats!!! :D
I too am working my way through another Mino run, but this one is going so slow. Just too busy to arm things like lantern oil and big, bad charms when I get good hallways, so I'm just plunking along. ;)) I should be able to finish it before Tuesday....
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Feb 06, 2017 4:20 pm

I'm actually working towards the Fungal Cavern Theme.
Not so much progression, but at least collecting that much loot makes me have to catch several good mice - first I caught my first Diamondhide, and then I've caught two more!

I reckoned collecting 60 Crystal Crucibles would be the hardest, so I tried to get those now - I only had about a third of them. Those three Diamondhide gave me the second third. Then a Crystal Behemoth gave me the last third in one catch :)

Now I only need the Mineral, which is fine for overnight hunting - tomorrow I should see whether I might be able to use one of my keys for a Mino run.

Oh, and I made a new batch of T7 cheese (24 pieces), and got 4 T8 potions! A good position for the SEH - possibly the best place to use my 7 baitkeep charms as well ...
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby fantasia » Feb 07, 2017 7:25 am

I'm glad the event has been extended by two days. I would have been cutting it close getting the Minotaur by 11am CST. Actually, I don't think I would have made it. Still need 20 Scholar clues.

Congrats on all your goodies Varna! :) Looks like you're taking full advantage of the event.

I posted this on FB as well, but I couldn't help but notice that the Relic Hunter maps now have Fort Rox mice on them. Did they update to a new treasure map season? I didn't hear a single thing about it if they did.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 08, 2017 5:51 pm

I took advantage of the event to finish my mino run. Didn't get a trap part, but did get 2 really shiny precious pieces of gold. The cost of the gold went down dramatically on the marketplace, so I picked up the last 4 I need for the minotaur base for an extra 2 million.

I was trying to do a warpath run to double that loot, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Had a really rough time in wave 1. I think I'm going to finish this warpath run anyways. . . nice change of scenery :P
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby Varnafinde » Feb 10, 2017 7:05 am

I did the mino run, and I got 2 Enigmatic Cores. With that I've done some shopping / trading and got an Essence of Destruction - so now I have both the Infinite Labyrinth and the Event Horizon :-o

I'll do some more Laby/Zokor runs, but also work on FRift batteries. And Fort Rox in between.
Varnafinde

Postby fantasia » Feb 11, 2017 11:41 am

I'm doing my best to help finish up the treasure map that I'm on before the VDay event on Monday.
The majority of the mice that are left aren't that hard, they just require a waiting time before one can go after them (Monster of the Meteor, Wolfskie, Mystic Rook, Lich).
After hearing in FBF that it's recommended one have Fort Rox ready to go before the expansion in a few weeks, I figured I'd take advantage of the Monster of the Meteor on my map and focus on Fort Rox for the time being. I actually have all of the materials to finish up the last bits and pieces with the exception of the wall which I really don't want to finish, but it may be that by the time the expansion comes out, I WILL want to focus on it and get it done. So that's where I'm at for the time being when I'm not doing events. ;)

I'm looking forward to Year of the Noble 2 as Dave dubbed it the other day, but as life is getting busier and busier for me, it's going to be difficult to keep up with two Grand Duke level areas and one ArchDuke area. ;))

Copying and pasting the last FBF spoilers here for those interested.
Minor spoilers from today's FBF:
Mini-VDay event is next week, starts on Monday. Will include treasure maps, so if you want to do a map, wrap up any you're currently on.
Birthday event will be a large event starting on March 1st. Return of cupcake orders.
Late March will be the Fort Rox expansion. As it's an expansion, it will be a small addon. But it will include earning the best Law trap in the game.
Toxic Spill will be squeezed in somewhere due to large amounts of requests.
During the year, they are hoping to add two Grand Duke level areas and one Archduke area. Areas include Bristle Woods Rift and some kind of Draconic area.
More details on the forum, sounds like it's going to be a REALLY busy year. Not going to finish up new areas any time soon LOL.

And what Varna added to my FB post.
Varna on FB wrote:The Mini-VDay event starts as you say on Monday, and lasts only till Thursday. 8 locations will have event mice, which drop loot according to location (like in 2015). Old VDay maps will work, but don't open them until the event has started, otherwise they won't be properly updated.
New areas will (hopefully) start in May, but they are two Grand Duke/Duchess areas (BrWRift / Draconic), followed by one (the very first) Archduke/duchess area ("a massive sprawling location").
"Year of the Noble 2". Sounds good - and indeed busy.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Feb 12, 2017 5:45 pm

I started a Scholar run in the Laby. It didn't work very well, but it soon turned into a Treasure run instead! I made sure to stay under 50 clues, because I wanted the mice that dropped district loot. With the new traps, I'm running low on that - I've even crafted the New Horizon trap.

Then I've done some Rift hunting, but I also need to go back to Fort Rox and try to finish it before late March. I have the last level left of all five types of upgrading, and I have one mouse left to catch - the Battering Ram. Good thing to have Moon cheese as Gift of the Day :)

Only three days of Valentine's this year - but no storyline to finish, just hunting in some of the normal areas. I need to bronze one event mouse, and I'm ready for a treasure map - the main thing is to catch the 8 event mice on it, the other mice on the map can be caught later.
Varnafinde

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 12, 2017 7:20 pm

Was I the only one who found Fort Rox to be. . . . boring? I haven't liked any of the "law" areas to date. I don't know what it is about them. . . they just feel like worthless "add on" areas that don't really serve a point.

A dragon area sounds cool. A lot of people on the forum were hoping they'd come out with something. I'm also really hoping to see some sort of "warpath 2.0" with a physical/hydro/tactical upgrade.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby fantasia » Feb 12, 2017 7:44 pm

Congrats on your new traps Varna! :)

DiGoRyKiRkE wrote:Was I the only one who found Fort Rox to be. . . . boring?

Nope. But I understand that it's just a stepping stone to get Law areas caught up with the rest of the top level areas, and they're holding off on their cool Law area concepts until that happens.
I did like the trains, but that one was a bit flawed as it really was only good right when it came out and everybody was interested in them. Now you're on your own unless you can con a friend into helping. ;)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Feb 17, 2017 10:03 am

fantasia_kitty wrote:I did like the trains, but that one was a bit flawed as it really was only good right when it came out and everybody was interested in them. Now you're on your own unless you can con a friend into helping. ;)

Not to mention the Wanted Posters. Would anyone like to be my Deputy for one of those? :p

The only reason I still would like to do them, is to bronze the Ringleaders. I believe you cannot find those other than on a poster. I have from 1 to 8 catches on those 6 mice, and I'm pretty certain that when I've bronzed them (perhaps without a Deputy), I'll never bother to silver them. When did I last hunt on a Wanted Poster? 3 years ago?

I'm in Fort Rox, collecting Bloodstone and Howlite (and of course Meteorite pieces, but I buy those with King's Credits when the drop rate makes collection too slow). My Horizon trap works well in the darker parts of the night - I think the difference to the Grand Arcanum trap really makes a difference. Still some FTCs, though.

I like pretty trap skins. There was one for the Mynorca at the Valentine's event. I sometimes buy a skin for $$ rather than hoping for it as loot, and this time I had a look at the Marketplace, a couple of hours into the event.
People were offering it for 7.5 mil gold! :-o

I bought two for $3 each and sold one of them for 5.5 mil gold ;)
The next day they were at 0.5 mil gold at the Marketplace ...
Varnafinde

Postby fantasia » Feb 24, 2017 2:59 pm

Varnafinde wrote:Not to mention the Wanted Posters. Would anyone like to be my Deputy for one of those? :p

I'd be willing to help out with one or two. :) You might also ask Ara's husband as I think he still needs that area.

It took a while, but I just finished up the Whisker Woods part of the PuzzleBlock game. :D I actually really like that game and can't wait for the next installment, should they decide to release one.

Currently on Mousehunt, just farming Meteorites to get up to 400 Crescent Cheese and another full wall repair. I want to make sure I have lots and lots for the egg hunt and expansion. I also finished making all of the upgrades I'm going to make. As they changed it (at least I think they did) so you can't retreat from the Dawn now until your wall is broken down I'm DEFINITELY not doing that last wall upgrade until they prove that it's beneficial to do so. But having that last tower upgrade will be nice as it should help me fast forward through my tower runs. :)

I do plan to go back to the Toxic Spill for a brief period of time to work on a couple Silver Crowns that I'm close to. They're in the lower levels though, so I'll just hang out in Fort Rox until then. :)

ETA: The FBF today was very interesting.

9th BDay party - March 1st through 15th. Return of the Cupcakes! ;)

Immediately on the closing of the Cupcake event, the Heart of the Meteor expansion will open On March 15th.
Hunters will track down two components by completing new Fort Rox Treasure Maps and then activate the item while in dawn to enter the Heart of the Meteor to face off against a new powerful adversary.

Rewards for Heart of the Meteor include a new "best in game" Law trap, generous points and gold, as well as other item drops from the new mouse.

Bristle Woods Rift
We've completed our first basic prototype for the Bristle Woods Rift and things are looking good so far! We've drawn inspiration from impossible objects and rooms (think Escher painting). The rift version of the Acolyte Tower is an incredibly confusing place with rooms connected with portals activated by the rift version of a Realm Ripper.

Hunters will navigate their way through the seemingly endless chambers of the Rift Acolyte Tower in search of the elusive Acolyte Chamber -- just don't get lost along the way!

We're aiming to launch this new area for Grand Duke and Grand Duchess hunters around May. However, it's still too early to give more details or say with certainly when the next rift release may arrive.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Feb 26, 2017 9:09 am

I may actually end up finishing the labyrinth. Thanks to gifts of the shiny gold, I crafted the Minotaur base this morning! Thanks for the help!
starkat

Postby fantasia » Feb 26, 2017 1:58 pm

Yay Kat! I've lost track of who has what, but do you have any of the three traps yet?

I'm in the Toxic Spill at the moment TRYING to crown the Mutated Siblings (I only need three and I can't even attract one!! :P ) as well as top of my pollutinum.

Just hanging out, waiting for the b-day party to start in a few days. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Feb 26, 2017 3:32 pm

The only one I have is the endless labyrinth trap. I was thrown off by an easter run that was a disaster and the base was the first thing I went after after I managed to repair my supplies.
starkat

PreviousNext