This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby fantasia » Jan 10, 2017 11:07 am

starkat wrote:I hated the New Years Event. They made it pretty much impossible to get to the top if you weren't an active player and you didn't have enough nitro to begin with.

They definitely didn't plug the numbers in very well, that's for sure. I think only Varna, Gymmie, and I got it? And Gymmie just barely.
The potential good news is, in the past when they've released a really popular LE item and it's a loss to those who didn't get it, they release a similar item later on. Like the Hothouse Base a few years back that REALLY sped up the Living Garden area... now you can get the Living Base which I think is a bit better. So hopefully in the next year or two there will be an equivalent for the New Horizon Trap.
I realized why they couldn't extend the event though. The Chinese New Year starts in just a couple weeks.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Jan 10, 2017 4:21 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:The Chinese New Year starts in just a couple weeks.

I have 99 Costumed Rabbit mice - should be able to silver that one? ;)

I silvered the Draconic Warden today, and I have 80 Dragons by now and should be able to silver it in a few days. I have had some FTCs, but the Winter Aura should save me from some of those FTCs I could usually expect.

Then the Whisker Woods Rift :)
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jan 25, 2017 6:10 am

I finally got my infinite labyrinth trap. Probably should not have spent all that gold..... But I finally have something that will make the labyrinth a little easier.

Finishing up this tech run right now.... After that I'll probably need to do a farming run. After that... Another tech run, which will put me with the supplies to do a mino run.

I may take a break in there to work in the furoma rift too. I'm almost done with that area, but will still need the trap (and I'm strapped for gold right now)

I know the warpath used to be the place for gold farming a few years ago. Are any of the new areas better?
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby fantasia » Jan 25, 2017 7:02 am

Now that you have the Infinite Laby trap (congrats! :D ) I think you'll find the Laby to be quite profitable. And, provided you don't have to spend a lot of supplies to get there, the Treasury halls were made for precisely that purpose.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jan 25, 2017 6:30 pm

I am astounded how well the new trap has been doing in the manaforge. I definitely think that this is going to help me out, and may make me reconsider my loathing of this area.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby fantasia » Jan 26, 2017 2:38 pm

Amazing how much of a difference getting the appropriate area traps/bases makes. :) Glad you got it DiGs, hopefully it will help speed you through the area.

Doing a Laby tourny at the moment and we're doing quite well! I don't know if we'll be able to keep it up or not, but hey, we're in first by a long shot with some wiggle room. ;)) Of course, I think we all go to sleep at reasonable hours so that will give time for the other teams to catch up to us. First tournament in a while, and I"m laughing at the timing with the mini-event starting today. :)

Everybody getting lots of Dumpling cheese and lanterns? I'm trying to spend my hourly trap check in the Fungal Garden but I was doing far better before the tourny started.
Once I get whatever it is that I need, I'm going to start a Minotaur run I think. See if I can get double loot of whatever he drops.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jan 26, 2017 3:56 pm

Wow. . . I didn't even consider Mino loot doubling. Can you imagine getting two essences of destruction or temporal shadow plates? Them things are selling for 35 million on the marketplace right now!
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby fantasia » Jan 27, 2017 8:11 pm

Some interesting stuff on FBF today. My personal favorite bits....

From our content meeting yesterday we're currently brainstorming two Grand Duke/Grand Duchess areas as well as the first Archduke/Archduchess area. We're obviously still very much in the idea and planning phase, so we don't have too many specifics to share. However, we're thinking of the next Rift location being Grand Duke/Duchess [mentioned later to be Bristle Woods Rift] and another Grand Duke/Duchess that follows the Labyrinth storyline which then expands into the first Archduke/Archduchess location. We'd like the Grand Duke/Duchess area outside the Rift to include Draconic and the Archduke/Archduchess area which follows to involve every single power type.

When we were wrapping up Fort Rox development we had an idea or two on how to add an extra layer of challenge to the area, however, we didn't quite have time to fold it into the original release. We also wanted to see how players responded to Fort Rox and get feedback to help decide on a couple different ways of designing the next challenge.

We're exploring including Treasure Maps as a way of taking on this extra challenge for Fort Rox. Completing a new Fort Rox Treasure Map would reward a treasure chest that has a chance of containing one of two halves of an item. Once you have both halves the resulting item can be consumed during dawn to enter the "Heart of the Meteor" for an intense showdown with a powerful mouse. Rewards include generous points and gold as well as a component for a powerful Law trap.

Depending on feedback, this is something we might explore for Treasure Maps in other areas to add additional "hidden mice". Let us know what you think!
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Jan 28, 2017 5:21 am

As a veteran Archduchess of a whooping 2% ;) I also like that information, fk! :)

And I just saw a "Love the double loot" thread in the Cheese and Whine forum, where the poster had got 2 Temporal Shadow Plates :-o

Nothing like that for me, but when the event started, I had about 20 stealth left of a Scholar run, so I've been back there and got double drops of Scholar Scrolls.

At the moment I'm in the Gauntlet at Tier 6. I had 24 pieces of cheese, and after using 9 of them, I've got 1 drop of Tier 7 potions - 2 potions instead of 1. I get some double charm drops, too, and a fair amount of Dumpling cheese, which is not doubled. I'll use up all the Tier 7 cheese I can get, but I'll leave any Tier 8 potions (I hope for 2) for the SEH.

BRift or WWRift will be next, I guess - or perhaps Furoma Rift.

Edit:
I got 18 pieces of T7 cheese! :)
One FTA, but not one FTC! :)

And not one T8 potion. X(

800K gold from 16 Fiend mice wasn't too bad, though.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jan 29, 2017 3:13 pm

I'm going to enter the manaforge again after an awesome tech run. Definitely going to take advantage of the double loot to grab a second powercore hammer. This would definitely help with getting mino keys.

I'm really hoping to get a double trap part drop lol. . . . That would just be amazing.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby Gymfan15 » Jan 30, 2017 7:46 pm

I'm traveling these past few weeks so I'm not really able to take full advantage of the event. That pretty much rules out any Laby runs, unfortunately..it's really too bad because I could really use the double loot. But, I'm still making out like a bandit...the Fungal Cavern and Frift have been very kind to me.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby shastastwin » Jan 31, 2017 9:37 am

I'm going to try to get a Mino run in before the event concludes. After that, I will try to farm stuff in the FRift for Easter.

I'm with you on the trap part drops, DiGs. Any of them doubled would make my life easier.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » Feb 02, 2017 7:49 am

Next up for me is a Fealty run through the Laby. After that I may try for another Mino run. We'll see if I have enough Nightshade to pull it off. I may be forced to do a farming run instead.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 02, 2017 6:18 pm

I probably won't have enough glowing Gruyere to finish this mino run without some farming in the fungal cavern. This is not going well the way it is. . . but I gotta slog through it in order to try to get something out of this otherwise boring event.

I'll probably have to buy some compass magnets and shufflers cubes in order to get through it.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby shastastwin » Feb 02, 2017 8:41 pm

Well, I missed my Mino run because I didn't pay attention to my trap check and ended up at the end of the hallway before I could use my compass magnet. I was sooo close, too! :((

Anyway, I'm starting over. I hate that I wasted all those resources on a failed run. I don't have any oil left, and I'm not sure I want to spend the loot to buy the oil I'll need for another Mino run attempt. Currently, I'm just trying to get the Fealty clues up and then I'll decide from there.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » Feb 03, 2017 3:04 pm

DiGoRyKiRkE wrote:. . . but I gotta slog through it in order to try to get something out of this otherwise boring event.

As a combination of the less-than-stellar finale of the GWH, and focusing on high-level permanent content, they did announce that both CNY and VDay were going to be minimal this year. I think they said VDay would be about four days long? So don't expect much until the birthday event.

I'm fine with small events like this in years that they've released new content and I want to focus on that. But this year we had Fort Rox which was short ;)) and so I'm only taking advantage of the events by helping my friends finish them up as much as I can. And I expressed that opinion on the forum. ;) ;))

I sort of started to watch Jacob do art FBF today, and it looked like he was working on the Fort Rox expansion (inspired by Stargate! ;)) ). I haven't quite caught from any of the FBFs what this expansion is supposed to be about, but I get the impression it's another small stepping stone to their goal of a higher level Law area, so when they do release it, don't expect it to be a big area.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext