This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Getting to Know You

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Getting to Know You

Postby PrinceRilian90 » Aug 22, 2016 7:16 pm

I'm currently getting my associates in arts. (graduate next spring yay!) but I plan to transfer to another college to get my bachelors, possibly in english, but I've been considering law school for sometime as well.
PrinceRilian90
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby johobbit » Aug 22, 2016 7:19 pm

Excellent, wishing you well each step of the way!

You know, I'm mighty curious what your username was during your first time here on NWeb.
;))
johobbit

Postby PrinceRilian90 » Aug 22, 2016 7:25 pm

johobbit wrote:Excellent, wishing you well each step of the way!

You know, I'm mighty curious what your username was during your first time here on NWeb.
;))

It may have been Peter Pevensie and I may have change it to Edmund Pevensie after a while. (not a big fan of Peter anymore lol)
PrinceRilian90
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Aug 23, 2016 10:40 am

Welcome back to NarniaWeb, PrinceRilian90! :-h Ditto to Jo; it sounds like you'll fit in just fine around here! :)

*goes to grab a couple of those helpful links that she mentioned*

Here is the book discussion thread, and here's the thread for general movie discussion. Since you enjoy being outdoors, you might also like the camping thread!

Best of luck with deciding on your next step with education, and have fun exploring the forum! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby johobbit » Aug 23, 2016 2:43 pm

Lol, PrinceRilian (re Peter). ;))

And thanks, Rose, for those links. You are such a welcoming person!
:ymhug:
johobbit

Postby PrinceRilian90 » Aug 23, 2016 5:18 pm

The Rose-Tree Dryad wrote:Welcome to back NarniaWeb, PrinceRilian90! :-h Ditto to Jo; it sounds like you'll fit in just fine around here! :)

*goes to grab a couple of those helpful links that she mentioned*

Here is the book discussion thread, and here's the thread for general movie discussion. Since you enjoy being outdoors, you might also like the camping thread!

Best of luck with deciding on your next step with education, and have fun exploring the forum! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

Thanks so much Rose! :)
PrinceRilian90
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby NotRoyalStuart » Oct 21, 2016 3:20 am

Hi everybody!
I'm NotRoyalStuart
I'm a guy
I'm married, I have a daughter.
I teach Art in middle school.
I found Narniaweb by searching for Narnia groups on google.
I first read the Chronicles of Narnia when I was ten or eleven. That must have been around 1979. There is something very charming, but also deep and profound that keeps me coming back to them. I have read the books many times, listened to them on audiobooks and seen the movies.
My favorite books are the The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Magician's Nephew, and the Last Battle.
I'm an artist and also an American Civil War reenactor. I love art by the Pre-Raphaelites, the Arts and Crafts movement, an Art Nouveau. The Dawn Treader film, although, sadly deviating from Lewis' novel, did have some great set art. The ship, Dawn Treader was an increadible work of Art Nouveau design. If you like the look of that kind of thing look up the artists, Emil Galle, Victor Horta, Edward Burne Jones, and William Morris.
NotRoyalStuart
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Oct 21, 2016 2:04 pm

Welcome to NarniaWeb, NotRoyalStuart! :-h I like your username; it's fun!

The combination of the charm and incredible depth of The Chronicles of Narnia has made me an enduring fan as well. It's very cool that you are a Civil War reenactor and an artist! (I also thought the ship in VDT was amazing. One of the few things that I really liked about that film!) In the past, we've had a thread for artists and artwork, as well as a thread for history buffs, but both are locked at the moment. I think the mods would re-open them if there's interest, though!

Have fun exploring the forum, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask! :)
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby HazyHays » Nov 14, 2016 12:01 pm

Hey everyone, just joined. Read all the books and fell in love with them and that led me to watching the The Lion, With, and the Wardrobe which was fantastic. I then quickly wanted to watch the Prince Caspian and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader which I also really enjoyed a lot. My favorite character from the books and movie is Mr. Tumnus.

Other things I enjoy are Dancing(Ballet, Jazz, and Modern) and Music(Halsey, Flume, and Ariana Grande and also hanging at the Beach). I am a Junior in High School.

1. Name: HazyHays or just Hays
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen
3. Family (single/married/kids): Single
4. Occupation: 11th Grader in High School/Barista at Starbucks
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb:I Googled Narnia Forums
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I read The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe in the 7th Grade. Then the others followed after that.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: I have read The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe several times, and the others twice each.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I have been dancing(Ballet, Jazz, Modern since I was little. I also love listening to music, being at the beach whenever I can, and pretty much having fun with my friends.
"Daughter of Eve from the far land of Spare Oom, around the bright city War Drobe, how would it be if you came and had tea with me?"~ Mr. Tumnus
HazyHays
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Nov 14, 2016 3:21 pm

Welcome to NarniaWeb, HazyHays! :-h

I'm glad you enjoyed the books and films so much! It's very cool that you're a dancer... sounds like you'd be right at home dancing with the fauns and dryads in Narnian summertime. :) Since you enjoy listening to music, you might enjoy this thread here in the Spare Oom. It's a place to discuss your favorite music!

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask! Have a blast exploring the forum! :D
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby HazyHays » Nov 14, 2016 3:29 pm

The Rose-Tree Dryad wrote:Welcome to NarniaWeb, HazyHays! :-h

I'm glad you enjoyed the books and films so much! It's very cool that you're a dancer... sounds like you'd be right at home dancing with the fauns and dryads in Narnian summertime. :) Since you enjoy listening to music, you might enjoy this thread here in the Spare Oom. It's a place to discuss your favorite music!

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask! Have a blast exploring the forum! :D

Thanks The Rose-Tree Dryad. I love dancing so much and also music. I will check out that thread right now. Thanks.
"Daughter of Eve from the far land of Spare Oom, around the bright city War Drobe, how would it be if you came and had tea with me?"~ Mr. Tumnus
HazyHays
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby stargazer » Nov 15, 2016 9:13 pm

Welcome, HazyHays! Looks like you're settling in nicely.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby coracle » Nov 16, 2016 3:00 am

Hi Hays, welcome! Perhaps you have friends who are keen on Narnia too, who you might introduce?
Glad to hear that your favourite character is Tumnus - he is one of my favourites too.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby HazyHays » Nov 16, 2016 10:37 am

Thanks for the welcome coracle. I will ask them, but most are more into Harry Potter than Narnia. Go figure. I mean I like Harry Potter and everything, but it is not Narnia.
HazyHays
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby withyouinrockland » Nov 23, 2016 8:37 pm

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): My internet name is withyouinrockland from the famous poem HOWL

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen

3. Family (single/married/kids):Single

4. Occupation: Well, I'm a freshman in highschool, so I spend a lot of time studying. In my free time, my best friend, her dogs, and I go off exploring. I live in a pretty remote area, so its always fun. I'm also varsity on the highschool cross country team, and I practice every day with said a different friend(best friend isn't in varsity :() I like to do a LOT of other things too, so I won't continue to bore you :).
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Best friend ( Sydney is her name) Recommended the books to me after completing a dare. If you don't want the funny story, skip the following paragraph.
We were investigating a recently logged site. It was so recent, they had not taken away the logs. It was well known that there was a bee tree in those parts. We knew where the bee tree was, because we explored there often.
"hey, I dare you to go see if the bees are gone from the bee tree."
"Why?"
"Well, I don't think they took the honey with them."
She turns and runs for the bee tree, yelling "For Narnia, and for Aslan!!!"
I asked her what Narnia, and Aslan was. she let me borrow her books. I read The Magicians Nephew, and really liked it. so, I googled "Narnia" to see how many movies were out. This came up. :)

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I'm currently reading them.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: I haven't read them all yet.

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Okay, I will admit, I read the last page of The Last Battle. Can't wait!

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Listed that in occupation. I love all animals, but that's not interesting.
withyouinrockland
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby ValiantArcher » Nov 24, 2016 2:28 pm

Welcome to NarniaWeb, withyouinrockland! :) Which of the books have you read so far? And that's a great story about your friend introducing you to Narnia! :)
Some days you battle yourself and other monsters.
Some days you just make soup.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

PreviousNext