This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Line art: formal portrait of Susan

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Line art: formal portrait of Susan

Postby Mehinen » Apr 17, 2016 10:39 am

This one continues the series started with the Aravis and Lasaraleen drawing. It is supposed to be both art in itself and something that can be used like a page from a coloring book.

So, this is a formal royal portrait of Queen Susan of Narnia. I'm almost happy with it, apart from the hands.

Click here to see the full-size image

Edit: The image should show now. The link is still in better quality, though.
My art blog (both in Finnish and in English) http://mehinen.wordpress.com/
Mehinen
NarniaWeb Guru

Re: Line art: formal portrait of Susan

Postby wild rose » Apr 21, 2016 12:22 pm

Wow very nice, I especially love her hair, it look super realistic. I also like the way you made the window, great job :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Anfinwen » May 02, 2016 2:15 pm

How pretty! I really love the window too. The whole picture really feels Narnian.
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Mehinen » Jul 29, 2016 10:25 am

Wild rose: Thank you, I was quite worried about the hair and it is nice to know that it looks realistic!

Anfinwen: Thank you! I have always imagined Narnian castles with detailed but stylistic wrought-iron windows, they make it feel so out of this world.
Mehinen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Pretzel » Aug 02, 2016 8:57 pm

This does have a very Pauline Baynes feel. Are you going to color it? Or do you leave it black and white? I like it. But it may look even cooler in color.
Pretzel
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » Aug 05, 2016 4:35 pm

She's very dignified. It would be a lovely colouring in picture. If you wanted to make a colour version yourself, you'd follow the lines but use colours for most of it, wouldn't you?
The Narnia colouring book is a bit disappointing, I realised it's because there are only so many pictures, and there is copyright to observed.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Mehinen » Aug 08, 2016 10:38 am

Pretzel: I didn't mean to color it, but perhaps one day. You are right that it might even look better, and it might be a nice challenge :D . I can't promise anything, though. Narnia has had only a little part in my art during the last few years. Thank you for your comments!

Coracle: Thank you, I have always thought that Susan would be very ladylike and so dignified, so it's nice to hear it shows in this. If I would color this, I wouldn't probably dare to touch the original one, it would be most likely with digital coloring. I've never seen the official Narnia coloring book, but it's sad if the most interesting pictures are missing.
Mehinen
NarniaWeb Guru