This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Getting to Know You

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Getting to Know You

Postby FellowFaun » Jul 05, 2016 12:31 pm

Name : Cibi
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): King
3. Family (single/married/kids): Single
4. Occupation: student
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: when i was searching for something very interesting about narnia recently :D ( but i had some pictures from your web already and was my computer wall paper for a long time :) )
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: i first saw the movie and then many years later started to read the books ( still 2 more to complete :) )
7. How many times have you seen the Chronicles: many many times
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: cant say, all ! but i like Prince Caspian more :)
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I am painter, and a miniature artist and dollhouse enthusiast ! also enjoy reading, watching fantasy movies, cooking selected poetry, enjoying museums, etc :) I am space science student, soon gonna be a proper scientist :) native India, living in Germany :)

Alright, now it's your turn! :)
FellowFaun
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby johobbit » Jul 05, 2016 2:50 pm

Welcome to NarniaWeb, FellowFaun! :D How cool that the first movie led you to read the Chronicles!

You're an artist and a dollhouse enthusiast, wow, sounds fascinating! We do have some topics here in the Spare Oom related to some of your interests: I don't have time to find them now, but there are movie, poetry, food, and space topics. If no one else has linked to these by then, I will try to find time tomorrow to do so. :)

Welcome here!
johobbit

Postby FellowFaun » Jul 06, 2016 3:50 am

Thanks for adding me to the wonderful narnian community and thanks for replying too :) This gives me a real feel of getting into the magical world and meting fellow narnians :) Narnia has always been a solace for me ( dont know why, i dont come from a christian background, but i like it for the comfort it gives, when i think about it ! ) Could be because I am sill in the closet :)

would be great if you could find such topics when you get time, thank you once again :)
Love.
FellowFaun
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby johobbit » Jul 06, 2016 8:26 am

To be sure, the Narnia tales are beautifully comforting and rather feel like coming home. ♥ It's wonderful so many thousands around the world in different cultures and of different faiths have come to treasure these beloved books.

Here are links to some of the topics:
:)

Movies topic

Poetry topic

Food topic

Astronomy/stargazing topic

Space topic
johobbit

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 06, 2016 11:30 am

Welcome to NarniaWeb, FellowFaun! :-h You have some really interesting and unique hobbies! (I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with your Tumnus's Cave replica!) Have fun exploring the forum, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask! :)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby stargazer » Jul 07, 2016 11:11 am

Welcome, FellowFaun! How cool that you are studying space science. :) Enjoy the forum.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby FellowFaun » Jul 10, 2016 6:25 am

Thank you for welcoming me Johobbit, The rose Tree Dryad, and Stargazer.

I have some interesting project regarding narnia ! Do you like to see a miniature model of Mr. tumnus' cave ?!

I am a budding miniature / Diorama artist and planning to make one. Here is a thread about it : viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8186

This is in the narnia fan art forum ! Plase visit if you wish to see what I am upto and your contributions regarding ideas and details are greatly appreciated !

Love
FellowFaun
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Pretzel » Jul 23, 2016 9:16 am

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Pretzel
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen
4. Occupation:
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Googled it. Actually... I may have heard of it from someone on QuizUp.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: Errmm. I'm not sure. It was yeeaaars ago. My big sister had LWW so I snuck into her room to find something to read and grabbed it. Then I borrowed the rest of the series from the library.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: No clue. At least twice or thrice.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Voyage, Silver Chair, and Magician's Nephew
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Don't have very many hobbies.. Something interesting.. I'm currently wearing socks with foxes on them.
Pretzel
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby johobbit » Jul 23, 2016 9:27 am

Welcome to NarniaWeb, Pretzel! Good to have you here. :) Sure glad your sister had LWW in her room for you to borrow ... the beginning of a wonderful journey with Narnia. :D

So, are you a fan of foxes? B-) And pretzels?
;))
johobbit

Postby Pretzel » Jul 23, 2016 9:49 am

I'm a fan of fancy socks. Pretzel is a nickname my best friend gave me a while back. It was pretty random. But I like it. Thanks for the welcome. =)
Pretzel
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 24, 2016 11:52 am

Welcome to NarniaWeb, Pretzel! :-h I like your username/nickname! The word pretzel is thought to derive from a medieval Latin word meaning bracelet, which I think is kinda cool. :) (Amateur etymologist over here. ;))) Your new avatar is cute as well! Enjoy exploring the forum, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Pretzel » Jul 24, 2016 3:29 pm

Thank you, Rose. =) You all are very welcoming. It's really nice.
Pretzel
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby PrinceRilian90 » Aug 22, 2016 6:53 pm

Hello there! I actually was a member here when the first films were coming out, but I completely forget my username and everything! super excited for Silver Chair as it's my favorite book in the series.

1. Name PrinceRilian90
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): King
4. Occupation: Poor college student, I wait tables on the side, and write when I can.
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb:it was along ago, shortly before LWW came out.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I heard the broadcast of LWW when I was little like 9 or 10 I think and I saw the BBC version first (which scared me at the time). but I believe I read all the books shortly before LWW came out when I was 14.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: I've read all of them twice except Last Battle.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Silver Chair, Magician's Nephew and The Horse and his boy come close though.
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: film box office, Narnia was one of the first films I tracked and I've been hooked on it since then, films in general of all kinds, I am a huge Star Wars, Disney, Marvel and Lord of the Rings fan though. I love Music as well. and being outdoors and books of course.
PrinceRilian90
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby johobbit » Aug 22, 2016 7:05 pm

Hey PrinceRilian, so glad you came back to NarniaWeb! :D

You are in good company here, as there are a number of Star Wars, Disney, LotR fans, as well as music and book lovers on the forum too. :) We have threads for most of these topics in the Spare Oom. I can link to some in the next few days, if you wish.

Welcome (again ;)))!
johobbit

Postby PrinceRilian90 » Aug 22, 2016 7:12 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome johobbit! look forward to mingling with the other members!
PrinceRilian90
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby johobbit » Aug 22, 2016 7:14 pm

:)

I meant to ask you ... what is your major in college?
johobbit

PreviousNext