This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

April Fool: Choose the Next Reading group

Moderator: Pattertwigs Pal

What should the next reading group be?

Poll ended at Apr 04, 2016 5:06 am

The Silver Chair
50%
The Horse and His Boy
17%
The Book C.S. Lewis Didn't Write (It has been found).
33%
Out of the Silent Planet
No votes

Total votes : 6

April Fool: Choose the Next Reading group

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Apr 01, 2016 5:06 am

I like to plan ahead so I am posting this now. The current reading group will still go on for a while. You may well be surprised by the inclusion of the book C.S. Lewis didn't write. It turns out he actually did write it and it will be prepared for publication. Not sure how long that will take. Of course I'm also not sure how long the Voyage Reading group will be open - people seem to have gotten stuck. Please continue or start posting in the reading group!!!!
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Re: Choose the Next Reading group

Postby Inkling » Apr 01, 2016 5:34 am

Already have the book he didn't write on preorder. They're doing sales super early! I suspect they need help funding it, which is ridiculous because this is C.S.Lewis we're talking about!
Inkling
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby aileth » Apr 01, 2016 8:46 am

I would have voted for the new book--what did they say it was called? "The Lost Dog and his Twin Prince - The Corporeal Re-return to Narnia of a Talking Canaiad (sic)" or something like that? But knowing how long it takes to get a undiscovered book published... (or a movie based on the same book, for that matter) we might all need canes before it arrives. Not to mention that that title just twists my tongue up every time.

I would have voted for Silver Chair next (because publication order), except nobody ever follows publication order (right, HarperCollins?) and everybody hates the thought of following publication order anyway. Besides, there are rumours that a film of that name is being planned to be released within the next 50 years or so, and everybody is already so tired of discussing it.

As for OotSP--no way! Did you just see what happened to my fingers after typing that in just once? Imagine having to do so for months and months? Ugh! horrors! (Oh, that's what that trailer was about--small wonder)

So I voted for "Breehy-hinny-brinny-hoohy-hah and the Runaway Exiled Outcasts." That sounds like a really cool band name.
Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle
aileth
Peripatetic powder-room sub

Postby Ryadian » Apr 02, 2016 12:36 pm

aileth wrote:As for OotSP--no way! Did you just see what happened to my fingers after typing that in just once? Imagine having to do so for months and months? Ugh! horrors! (Oh, that's what that trailer was about--small wonder)

I just had to stop in and say that was my favorite reaction to the trailer yet. =)) My hand is grateful to you!
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Re: April Fool: Choose the Next Reading group

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Apr 04, 2016 5:25 pm

I must inform you that this thread has been an April Fool's Day Joke. Thanks for every one that participated. That being said I do have tentative plans to do reading groups for all of the options except the book that Lewis didn't write. (If I had had time on April 1st I would have said that I didn't have to preorder the book that Lewis didn't Write because my previous reading groups had come to their attention and they were going to send me an advanced copy for free. )
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb