This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Gresham to answer if Poulter will return or not

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Gresham to answer if Poulter will return or not

Postby Impending Doom » Dec 05, 2015 10:15 am

The Official Narnia facebook has been releasing video updates from Douglas Gresham giving some insight and updates regarding The Silver Chair. It appears from a comment made on last month's video that Gresham will address the question all Narnia fans have been wondering: Will Will Poulter return to the role of Eustace?

A fan asked the question on the Facebook video and their response was "We'll have an answer for you from Doug soon." which was posted on November 20th. The most recent video update addressed the question (I find it strange why it wasn't posted on facebook or twitter) if fans could look forward to a faithful translation from book to film? They've said we can expect a video every 2-3 weeks it's probable that we'll get another within the next two weeks. Whether or not Gresham will talk about Poulter in that update, we'll have to wait and see.

This is the moment of truth... :-s
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Gresham to answer if Poulter will return or not

Postby Reepi » Dec 08, 2015 7:14 am

This will be interesting. I honestly hope Poulter will return.
Reepi
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby coracle » Dec 25, 2016 5:31 pm

Sorry, but it just won't do for a man in his early 20s, very tall, with an adult male voice, to play a boy of about 13.
I don't think Mr Gresham will ask for this casting to happen.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby GlimGlum » Dec 25, 2016 9:03 pm

As much as I liked Will Poulter in the role of Eustace, I don't think he should return as Eustace in SC. I was sent by NarniaWeb to interview him and some others who were in the USA promoting the film and got to see him in person after seeing a few early clips of VDT. And I was surprised at how much he had changed before VDT had come out.

I think being faithful to the book and character is more important in this case than having someone come back who is much older now than the original character. If VDT itself were some gigantic hit or all-time great movie I might reconsider. But it was neither of those nor a truly faithful adaptation (although I found it entertaining as it was).

So I hope they pick age appropriate actors for Jill and Eustace. :)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby King_Erlian » Dec 26, 2016 12:31 pm

Here's an off-the-wall suggestion: as Will Poulter is now so tall, how about casting him as Puddleglum?
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Reepi » Dec 28, 2016 7:32 am

So, did Gresham ever actually answer this question?
Reepi
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby fantasia » Dec 28, 2016 7:37 am

Directly, no. But he implied that Will was too old and too tall.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin