This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

1st edition

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

1st edition

Postby jewel » May 05, 2014 12:29 pm

I have two copies of the 1st edition to The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I also have a 1st edition copy of Prince Caspian that I got for $ 6.00 at a used book store today. Do any of you all have have original copies like these? :)
jewel
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: 1st edition

Postby PhelanVelvel » May 05, 2014 9:25 pm

I wish! I've never had anything that rare, but I would like to pick up the 1970 Collier box set. I really like the vibe of the artwork and that version of LWW was the first Narnia book I ever read. There's a set on eBay right now for only twenty-five dollars. If only I had any monies to spare. :P
PhelanVelvel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby jewel » May 06, 2014 1:23 pm

Yay Phelan Velvel. That's cool. I found a 1st edition on eBay also for just less than $90.00. That's cheaper than thousands of dollars on other websites. By the way above I made a mistake. There first edition but not the very originals. They just look like the originals did. There not 1st printing.
jewel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby PhelanVelvel » May 06, 2014 5:42 pm

Still cool, though. I had another set, the 50th anniversary of LWW Harper Collins one, but I think I lost most of them at some point... Maybe they're still around here somewhere. Right now the only print copy I know for sure that I have is one of the big ones that has all seven books in it, that way I can't lose any, lol. I'd like to start a Narnia collection, but I'm too broke for that at the moment.
PhelanVelvel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby jewel » May 07, 2014 12:07 pm

PhelanVelvel wrote:Still cool, though. I had another set, the 50th anniversary of LWW Harper Collins one, but I think I lost most of them at some point... Maybe they're still around here somewhere. Right now the only print copy I know for sure that I have is one of the big ones that has all seven books in it, that way I can't lose any, lol. I'd like to start a Narnia collection, but I'm too broke for that at the moment.
Wow I can't believe you lost it! =)) What have been up to? Ha-ha-ha. Lol
jewel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby PhelanVelvel » May 07, 2014 7:35 pm

jewel wrote:
PhelanVelvel wrote:Still cool, though. I had another set, the 50th anniversary of LWW Harper Collins one, but I think I lost most of them at some point... Maybe they're still around here somewhere. Right now the only print copy I know for sure that I have is one of the big ones that has all seven books in it, that way I can't lose any, lol. I'd like to start a Narnia collection, but I'm too broke for that at the moment.
Wow I can't believe you lost it! =)) What have been up to? Ha-ha-ha. Lol

Dude, I don't know, I lent them to a friend, then misplaced them when I got them back...can't remember if I got them all back or not. XD
PhelanVelvel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Reepi » May 10, 2014 7:24 am

I happen to own a first edition, first printing of Voyage of the Dawn Treader, though it is the american edition and not the british.
I also own a few first editions of non-narnia C.S. Lewis books (The four loves and an essay collection, if I remember correctly.)
Reepi
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby jewel » May 11, 2014 4:22 pm

Reepi wrote:I happen to own a first edition, first printing of Voyage of the Dawn Treader, though it is the american edition and not the british.
I also own a few first editions of non-narnia C.S. Lewis books (The four loves and an essay collection, if I remember correctly.)
That's cool Reepi. If you find any extras.Please remember me. I want you to remember me and PhelanVelvel for extra copies. If you find another, keep in mind of me buying it from you.
jewel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lilygloves » Jul 03, 2014 8:59 am

I recently got a first edition copy of part II of Mere Christianity and Miracles from a book store in Oxford. There was a second edition SC, which I totally would have gotten if it was first edition (despite the high price :) )
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby aileth » Jul 11, 2014 8:35 am

My edition is a boxed set of Fontana Lions with cover art by Stephen Lavis(1980). Not sure who gave them to us, but we've had them as long as I can remember. Very likely they were new when given to us--they don't look it now :)

As a book collector, a first edition copy of anything is thrilling. And signed by the author... *sighs wistfully*

What I would like more, though, is a set (matching, of course) where the illustrations are coloured. Up until last year, I didn't know that there were coloured ones. So I've seen snippets and bits, but never the full assortment.
Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle
aileth
Peripatetic powder-room sub

Postby jewel » Jul 25, 2014 5:23 pm

Lilygloves wrote:I recently got a first edition copy of part II of Mere Christianity and Miracles from a book store in Oxford. There was a second edition SC, which I totally would have gotten if it was first edition (despite the high price :) )

Wow Lilygroves, that's pretty call also. I love C. S. Lewis.
jewel
NarniaWeb Nut