This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Silver Chair Wishlist

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Silver Chair Wishlist

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Jul 04, 2014 8:09 am

What kind of merchandise do you want to go along with Silver Chair?

I'm thinking it would be neat if they made a mug with Rilian's black shield on it that would turn into a silver shield with a red lion when hot liquid was pour in it.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Re: Silver Chair Wishlist

Postby aileth » Jul 04, 2014 9:12 am

That would be quite the mug. The silver chair is sure to feature prominently on any posters/other advertising; I can't imagine what sort of things they would put it on. I mean, dinner serviettes are all very well, but....

They should make a snow globe with Eustace, Jill and Puddleglum falling into the letters in the ruined city.
Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle
aileth
Peripatetic powder-room sub

Postby Meltintalle » Jul 04, 2014 11:55 am

The heat sensitive mug is a good idea. I'd love to have one like that! If we get one mug, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw an entire line. Some with quotes (Remember the Signs; Live Like A Narnian etc.) and probably some with characters.

Perhaps we'd also get a necklace with the silver chair, similar to the Peter's Shield necklace?
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 04, 2014 1:20 pm

That mug idea is really brilliant, Pattertwig's Pal! And I love the idea of a snow globe, aileth.

I wouldn't mind it if they sold replicas of Puddleglum's hat! A small, indoor fountain that depicts the scene of Aslan sitting by the stream in Aslan's Country would be really cool, too. That sort of thing would probably a pricey collector's item, but it would be so neat.

Come to think of it, I bet that Lady of the Green Kirtle dolls would be popular as well. The idea of her looking like a Barbie seems a bit weird, though. ;))
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Impending Doom » Jul 04, 2014 1:56 pm

To be honest I just want some sort of merchandise for The Silver Chair! VDT had so little merch it got pretty ridiculous. A replica of Puddleglum's pipe would be awesome , that is of course if they don't cut that out. :-s
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Ryadian » Jul 11, 2014 11:22 am

Oh, I know--a video game! Because the previous video games have been so good. ;))

In all seriousness, I would actually kind of like having another board game. The only one I've played is the Prince Caspian is the only movie board game I've played just yet, and while it wasn't incredible, it was fun to play with other NarniaWebbers. :) And given the journeying aspect of TSC, I don't think it's that difficult to make an interesting game around that. :)

I also think that the mug idea is a really good one. :D It'd definitely be something I'd buy*, even though I don't use mugs much. :P :)
(*unless it has a huge price tag*)

Impending Doom wrote:A replica of Puddleglum's pipe would be awesome , that is of course if they don't cut that out. :-s

Oh, I hope not.... :-o #:-s
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby Meltintalle » Jul 11, 2014 11:31 am

Ryadian wrote:The only one I've played is the Prince Caspian is the only movie board game I've played just yet, and while it wasn't incredible, it was fun to play with other NarniaWebbers. :) And given the journeying aspect of TSC, I don't think it's that difficult to make an interesting game around that. :)

The game-makers should hire us for playtesting. :)

Speaking of games, I could see a variation on Memory using the theme of Remember the Signs.
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 11, 2014 11:46 am

Ryadian wrote:Oh, I know--a video game! Because the previous video games have been so good. ;))

That's an interesting thought, though. My brother follows the development of Oculus VR, a kind of virtual reality headset, and he's shown me some demos that people have made where you can wander around the grounds of Hogwarts. The Oculus headset will definitely be out in the market by the time The Silver Chair is released... how incredibly cool would it be to look around the Parliament of Owls, or explore Harfang, Underland and the ruins of the giant city? :D

(Or Lantern Waste, or Cair Paravel, or Anvard... you get the idea. ;)) Even better yet—a game that begins with you going through a wardrobe and finding yourself in a forest with the snow falling all around you in amazing 3D. That would be so awesome. :ymdaydream:)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad