This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Susan - Anna Popplewell

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Susan - Anna Popplewell

Postby fantasia » Sep 20, 2013 9:00 am

Anna is on TV! :) She's in CW's show Reign which is about Mary, Queen of Scots. Anna plays one of Mary's ladies in waiting.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Reepi » Oct 09, 2013 7:25 pm

Reepi
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Oct 26, 2013 3:01 am

Anna Popplewell is doing a great job so far as Lola in Reign. Has anyone else seen the show too?
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Impending Doom » Oct 26, 2013 10:37 am

DamselJillPole wrote:Anna Popplewell is doing a great job so far as Lola in Reign. Has anyone else seen the show too?

I've seen the first 2 episodes and I'm not sure if I like it or not yet. I've never been a big fan of romance/drama shows. But yes, Anna is doing a great job, she plays a interesting character. She's the only reason I actually started watching the show!
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Future Narnian » Dec 01, 2014 7:50 pm

Something I just noticed while rewatching some of the LWW features is that Anna looks like she could be an older version of the late child activist, Samantha Smith. I'm on my Ipad right now and it won't let me paste Youtube links, but if you put in "Samantha Smith + Lime Street" you can see some clips of her shortly before she died. Try Episode 3 especially.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Samantha, she was the little girl who wrote then-Soviet leader Yuri Andropov in the early 1980s and asked why the Soviets wanted to bomb the US. She ended up going to the USSR for a tour and published a book on her experiences and later appeared on a few TV shows, including Lime Street, which was cancelled after a few episodes after Samantha was killed in a plane crash.

I especially notice the resemblance between her and Anna when Anna has her hair pulled back lwhile practicing archery. (I think it's the Children's Journey feature on Disc 2 of the special edition)
Future Narnian
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Silly Girl » Jul 19, 2016 2:23 am

I really like Anna Popplewell...she is like this classic beauty with an old world charm...you'll know what I mean when you see her in Reign as Lola. And her voice is just to die for! So gentle and queenly ;)

She is Susan to me, and she would've done a brilliant job in HaHB, but unfortunately it won't happen now. With the right look, she could've played the role which makes men go that extra mile for her effortlessly.
For tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the Sun.
Silly Girl
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby HazyHays » Nov 14, 2016 3:44 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:Anna is on TV! :) She's in CW's show Reign which is about Mary, Queen of Scots. Anna plays one of Mary's ladies in waiting.

I watched this show and thought the show and Anna were amazing. Anna is one of those girls that can walk out of the house all natural and be a true Beautiful Princess without any make up or adjustments at all. I just wish she would hit is really big because she could offer so much to young girls like myself and she is extremely talented. I imagine she is more popular in Britain than she is here in the USA.
"Daughter of Eve from the far land of Spare Oom, around the bright city War Drobe, how would it be if you came and had tea with me?"~ Mr. Tumnus
HazyHays
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Silly Girl » Dec 08, 2016 7:51 pm

I read somewhere that Anna got married!? Well, congratulations to her! :)
For tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the Sun.
Silly Girl
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » Dec 09, 2016 4:10 pm

“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Adeona » Dec 15, 2016 1:56 pm

Well that is a surprise! Congratulations and best wishes to Anna and Sam! :D :ymapplause:
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby waggawerewolf27 » May 18, 2019 6:43 pm

I don't know where to actually put this information, so please move it somewhere more suitable if it is in the way. Anna Popplewell as Susan was one of the main characters of the first two Disney Narnia films. In the first & most successful film, Lion, Witch & the Wardrobe, as an adult at the end of the movie, the adult Susan was played by Sophie Winkelman, who was seen yesterday at St George's Chapel in Windsor in UK. Sophie Winkelman went on to marry a real Lord, Frederick Windsor, the brother of Lady Gabriella Windsor, who married yesterday one Tom Kingston. Sophie Winkelman & Lord Frederick are the parents of two daughters, Maud & Isabella, & their wedding photo was also in this article, & I thought you might like to see it. Her father-in-law is a first cousin of HM Queen Elizabeth II of UK.

Edit: Lady Gabriella Kingston, the bride, got her sister-in-law, Sophie Winkelman, to sing one of the songs from LWW from the end of the movie she played in. It is the first time I've seen Sophie Winkelman being acknowledged as not only a member of UK's royal family, but also as the actress who played a grown up Susan in the Narnia series.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Previous