This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Lucy in VDT

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Re: Lucy in VDT

Postby Pepper Darcy » Sep 23, 2009 6:27 am

I love her VotDT costumes... they're so... so! awesome and detailed vs the first two movies! Georgie looks simply awesome in her 'uniform' I was disappointed first when I saw she was in pants, but the overcoat thingy looks great!

:music: risk it all cuz I'll catch you if you fall... if my heart was a house you'd be home :music:
Pepper Darcy
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Weapon Master » Sep 23, 2009 2:14 pm

Based on the pictures coming in over the last couple of weeks, it seems that Lucy may stay in men's clothing for most of the film at least. I don't really have any objection to this, but agree with what has been said by other members; that her clothes shouldn't detract from her character, but I'm not too worried. After all, as they say in Narnia, "It's the man (or woman) that makes the clothes."
Weapon Master
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Wunderkind4HIM » Sep 30, 2009 3:30 pm

Throughout the whole book Pauline Baynes only shows Lucy in two outfits, her England dress and the Caspian's clothes. It looks like she only wears Caspian's while hers are drying (I think the book even mentions that), but we know from pictures that she most likely wears them more than that.
Personally I would like to see her in more dresses. That is the style of the 'our world' era (I think) and Narnia seems like it has always been more knight-and-madien like, if you catch my drift. So I would say that she should have maybe two dresses (lets be practicle she will want to clean one at some point but it can't take up too much room). Like y'all have said they have to be something simple and they won't be quite as Narnian, I think, because if she does get one it will be from Narrowhaven not Narnia. What I would like to see is something reminiscent of her first Narnian dress but older and different (after all it has been what 1303 years?) ;)

Don't forget this is Lucy's last time in Narnia :((
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C. S. Lewis
Wunderkind4HIM
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby aslansothername » Oct 01, 2009 5:12 am

I'm crying too about the spoiler Wunderkind4HIM :(( :(( :((
It's hard to belive, but I'm sure she will be back for HB and LB
Want to become an informed American teen?
http://www.t4at.webs.com/
aslansothername
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Wunderkind4HIM » Oct 01, 2009 9:19 am

oh, aslansothername, I'm so sorry!!! I know I totally cried too! :((
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C. S. Lewis
Wunderkind4HIM
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lady Galadriel » Nov 24, 2009 10:04 pm

I would like it if Lucy could have worn a dress perhaps in the end scene, when they meet Aslan, and maybe at Narrowhaven (depending on if there are battles there :| ). But something that has a different taste to it other than Narnia, you know, something more Lone-Island-ish. ;) :D
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Nov 25, 2009 3:23 pm

I love how, even though she is wearing Caspian's clothes, she still lokks nice :) .
I do hope they have her wear a dress after the Lone Islands..... B-)
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Dec 03, 2009 1:31 pm

I was looking at some of the pics of Lucy's costume....it appears we've seen more than one. Also I was looking at her sword and it appears to be very similar to Trumkins....would this be possible?
thumbs_3940794978_b4756757dd_o.jpg
thumbs_3940794978_b4756757dd_o.jpg (5.73 KiB) Viewed 17442 times
Trumpkin.jpg
Trumpkin.jpg (3.99 KiB) Viewed 17442 times
Georgie and Skandar.jpg
Georgie and Skandar.jpg (4.92 KiB) Viewed 17442 times
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Adeona » Dec 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Wunderkind4HIM wrote: Personally I would like to see her in more dresses. That is the style of the 'our world' era (I think) and Narnia seems like it has always been more knight-and-madien like, if you catch my drift.

I know exactly what you are saying! Lucy is brave and adventurous, and she may have no problems wearing boys' style clothing when on board ship, but I think that if she could get some dresses at Narrowhaven, she would. Maybe not to wear all the time, but at least to have on hand for an occasion. (i.e. visits to civilized shores) Lucy is, after all, a lady and a Queen of the noble land of Narnia. Queens usually go with a slightly more dignified style (as opposed to the "Pirate Princess in what could barely be called a dress" look) whenever possible. Even young queens! Right now, Lucy seems to be somewhere in between those two looks.

And as you said, Wunderkind4HIM, how many girls back in England at that time wore [edit:] trousers [excuse me! :ymblushing:] on a daily basis? I believe almost none. It was an oddity. And while obviously different from the average girl, Lucy could never be odd in that way.

Like y'all have said they have to be something simple and they won't be quite as Narnian, I think, because if she does get one it will be from Narrowhaven not Narnia. What I would like to see is something reminiscent of her first Narnian dress but older and different (after all it has been what 1303 years?) ;)

Considering the time and location differences, I would actually expect something almost completely different. But still a dress, because she is a Narnian lady and Queen.
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby DamselJillPole » Jan 17, 2010 12:31 am

I don't have a problem with it at all. I just hope once she gets to Ramandu's Island maybe Ramandu's daughter will gladly give her a dress. IDK Susan had the spotlight in her farewell dress, I think Lucy should have a greater spotlight at the end.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby coracle » Jan 22, 2010 2:40 pm

Adeona, that reads as rather funny, or even rude, with the British meaning of "pants"! ;)

Although we know she's wearing a lot of trousers in the movie, it's interesting to think that the book illustrations show Lucy in her English clothes for most of the story - as if to hint that she is integrating her Narnia experience and her home life?
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby icarus » Jan 23, 2010 6:03 am

A_Narnian_Ship wrote:Also I was looking at her sword and it appears to be very similar to Trumkins....would this be possible?

The sheaths are certainly as near identical as can be, and the swords themselves look more or less the same - the length is roughly the same, and the cross-guard is of a very similar style, perhaps with slightly different detailing on it. However, in some photos Trumpkin's sword handle looks to be a fair bit different to Lucy's - her's looks to be short and wooden, with no pommel, whereas Trumpkin's is big and gold with a large pommel. However without having seen Lucy's sword out of the sheath its hard to judge

Lucy1.jpg
Lucy1.jpg (15.47 KiB) Viewed 17360 times

Trumpkin 1.jpg
Trumpkin 1.jpg (6.88 KiB) Viewed 17360 times

Trumpkin2.jpg
Trumpkin2.jpg (13.44 KiB) Viewed 17360 times
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jan 23, 2010 12:57 pm

my guess is thatLucy's sword is just a dwarf sword since it has no pommel.....but it looks SO much like Trumpkins! it might be! but that wouldn't make sense.....I mean, won't Trumpkin want (and need) his sword while he is protecting Narnia while Caspian is away?
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby HighQueenofNarnia » Mar 09, 2010 5:45 pm

I just noticed something in the picture that Adeona posted. Is Edmund wearing Rhindon? I see the gold lion but the pic is cut off. Also, why is Lucy wearing a short sword?
Pray for Skandar member! PM Benjamin to join!
I saw the film on Opening Day!
When all else fails, read the Instructions!
HighQueenofNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby GeorgieXOXOsmile » Mar 13, 2010 8:29 am

I think I like this more casual type of look for her. It looks kind of cute on her! :D She looks so much more grown up now. VDT is going to be a GREAT movie!
GeorgieXOXOsmile
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Mar 17, 2010 9:34 am

HighQueenofNarnia wrote:I just noticed something in the picture that Adeona posted. Is Edmund wearing Rhindon? I see the gold lion but the pic is cut off. Also, why is Lucy wearing a short sword?

yes, Edmund is wearing Peter's sword!
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

PreviousNext