This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite Narnian Male

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Choose which of these lucky lads you like the most.

Edmund (LWW/PC/VDT)
38%
Peter (LWW/PC)
17%
Eustace (VDT/SC)
9%
Digory (MN/LWW)
6%
Shasta (HHB)
6%
Corin (HHB)
1%
Caspian (PC/VDT)
11%
Rillian (SC)
2%
Tirian (LB)
9%
Other (please specify)
1%

Total votes : 171

Re: Favorite Narnian Male

Postby NarniaLullaby » Jun 12, 2012 1:34 pm

I love both Edmund and Peter the most, but I ended up voting Peter. I must say, though, it was a very difficult pick. They're such great characters. :)
"If my heart was a house, you'd be home."
~ Owl City
Signature image found at
SpareOom.net
NarniaLullaby
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby 7chronicles » Jul 07, 2012 11:43 pm

Edmund! I love his character so much!
His story in LWW was part of the reason I love LWW so much! :)
He is brave and courageous, and I always loved that he never forgot the love Aslan showed him:
"But who is Aslan? Do you know him?"
"Well — he knows me," said Edmund.
Eustace and Edmund, in Ch. 7 : How the Adventure Ended

Caspian and Digory are tied for second. :p

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Andriel » Jul 07, 2012 11:54 pm

I choose Ed. he is brave and funny. I don't know how else to describe him.

~Andriel
Previously DP Dessa
My RL sibs are Adeona, NarnianCricket, and DancingPrincesses.
Im a HUGE Fan of The Avengers!!!!!!!!!
Andriel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 08, 2012 1:38 pm

Honestly, I have a really difficult time choosing between Digory and Eustace. We get to know both Kid!Digory and Older!Digory. And he remains such a great character no matter what age he is. Eustace starts out as such a monster, and then develops into one of the most humble heroes in the series. I think it's a tie between those two. :)

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jul 08, 2012 8:56 pm

Huzzah, a Narnia question I can answer with relative ease. :P My favourite male character (human, anyway), is Edmund. I love his character arc throughout the series--can't stand him as the unrepentant scoundrel in LWW, but then Aslan changes his character so radically. I loved watching him grow in the Lion's paws from book to book. :)

Digory is also an excellent character, especially since we get to see him both as a wizened old professor, and as a rather foolish boy filled with bravado--but always with a strong heart and character.
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DancingPrincesses » Jul 08, 2012 9:24 pm

That was a hard decision, I almost choose Tirian, but I’d have to say Edmund, I have always loved seeing how he changed from being a little brat, to being King Edmund the Just. :D

My RL sibs are Adeona, Mars Aviator, Lizzle, NarnianCricket, and Andriel
DancingPrincesses
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 09, 2012 6:46 pm

I voted for Edmund. He started off as a villain, but Aslan changes him, and he risks his life to break the Witch's wand, thus saving many lives.

He's the first one to believe Lucy when she says she's seen Aslan in PC. He is aware of his past and of how he was rescued from it. He tells Eustace that while Eustace had only been foolish, he himself had been a traitor, and at Rabadash's trial he says, "Even a traitor may mend. I have known one who did."

There are other good candidates for being favorites, too, though ...
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby MountainFireflower » Jul 11, 2012 2:17 pm

I'm going to vote for Edmund but he is very closely followed by Peter, Eustace, and Caspian.

Edmund's story, the traitor-turned-king is just so beautiful and it poignantly illustrates the concept of God's grace and forgiveness. As a perfectly flawed human being myself, I've found myself relating to Edmund more and more lately.

Peter is honorable and... well, magnificent. :P In the books, he strikes me as a very noble man, one I'd love to meet and be friends with.

Eustace... well, I like him because he cracks me up. :)) But later in the books, after his transformation, he's so humbled. And I love that.

Caspian's story is also one I admire, as we were able to watch him go from boy to man and king. His transformation from a boy who isn't confident in himself to a man, a king of Narnia, is amazing to watch.

Overall, the men and kings of Narnia are some of my favorites. Shasta is also epic, as is Tirian and Rilian, etc. So I love them all, but the ones I highlighted here are the ones I settled on for this poll. ;))
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Lilygloves » Nov 12, 2012 4:39 pm

I very much admire Peter's courage as he goes off into battle in LWW without Aslan's help. He did not know what would happen or why Aslan wasn't there, but he still went into battle and stood up for a country in which he only arrived a few days ago.

Similarly, Edmund faces similar challenges. He faces the White Witch and performs a physical example of his freedom from her influence. Both characters show extreme courage in LWW and their change and character growth are obvious.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby PhelanVelvel » Jan 31, 2013 2:30 am

Well, I've been posting in all the discussion threads it seems, though no one has posted in them for a while. So may as well post in this one. :P This is a really tough decision, though my choices aren't between the most popular ones. I'm mostly stuck between Shasta, Caspian, and Rilian. I know Rilian's part is pretty short, but I'll agree with TheGeneral on the first page, he seemed incredibly noble and brave. He had something really solemn about him that struck me as cool, and I loved he was described as looking like Hamlet when he was enchanted. I love Hamlet. And how neat was it when he was newly freed, and he had no idea whether he would live or die, but he's riding along singing and whistling? That's tough.

Caspian has always been a favourite of mine. The film Caspian didn't really capture his essence, in my opinion. He just seems like such a fun guy to hang with. Particularly funny is the quote he says to Eustace at the end of Silver Chair when Eustace asks him if he could be a ghost. Lol. I like that he has a temper at points, too. Reminds me of myself. XD I could just see myself getting along really well with him, laughing and joking.

Shasta made me laugh quite a bit, too. He also seems like a fun guy, and, like someone else mentioned, I love his bravery and willingness to help people. He didn't even know the Narnians or the Archenlanders that well, had never even been there, but he still gave it his all to save them. And the way he falls in love with Aravis--too cute. :] I love their little bickerings, reminds me of my Bill and I.
PhelanVelvel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby jewel » May 07, 2013 6:00 am

I like The Last Battle a lot so I might have to say King Tirian. He and his unicorn Jelw are some of my favorites. Tirian is brave and strong. While I tend to like the end of sagas like The Return of the King, Tirian hates what opposes Aslan. When hearing falsely that Aslan has ordered trees to be cut down and Narnians to be slaves Tirian gives himself over to such lies, with the desire to obey Aslan. So that's some of my reasons. :)
jewel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby jewel » May 20, 2013 5:58 am

King Tirian of Narnia would be mine. He is brave and strong and very intriguing to me.
P.S.-I also like The Last Battle a lot
jewel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Eustace » Jul 18, 2013 2:56 pm

Eventhough, I picked Eustace :D I love Eustace and Edmund the same. I really cannot decide between the two.

They are both really awesome guys who went through transformations to get where they were. I loved VDT because they were both in it. Double the fun. LB also had them both but they did not have as much interaction in the book.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby De_De » Jul 19, 2013 9:05 am

Hmmmm it seems I'm practically the only one who voted for Cor :P Believe it or not, he really is my favorite. A close second is Digory. I don't know why. from the very beginning, in LWW, you really like the Professor. I really like him in MN. He's so sweet, but quite practical.
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

Postby aaronnz » May 24, 2014 6:39 pm

Caspian (PC/VDT)

Ben is a really good actor. He's perfect for the role of Caspian.
aaronnz
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 05, 2014 12:29 pm

I chose Shasta. I've always really liked his character; he just seems like a nice, unassuming kid. He's also an underdog and he's easy to root for. Plus, he jumped off Bree and went back and "fought" the Lion when it was clawing Aravis. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other solitary act by a Narnian male that's as courageous as that.

Eustace is probably my second favorite. He's a wonderful character, and his arc throughout VDT, SC and LB is amazing.
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

PreviousNext