This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Lady of the Green Kirtle

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Re: Lady of the Green Kirtle

Postby Group Hug » Feb 02, 2011 9:41 am

Yes, that is true also. :) But her feet need to be protected from the horses hooves, then agian she would probably have charmed her feet or the horse to not hurt her. Well, I think she would have a style influenced by celtic, roman styles, and maybe some Asian style as well (since she turns into a snake). She is the Queen of the Underworld so her style would be sorta earthy, but she doesn't want to tell everybody she is. :)
[img]pevensiesbeach2.jpg[/img]
Maybe we're incorretly labeled :S
"It's what you do with the time thats given to you." -Gandalf
Group Hug
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Anfinwen » Feb 07, 2011 3:13 pm

I really like the pictures second and sixth pictures posted by aravis_tarkina, and the one posted by perfect_jill_pole. Here is a dress I drew. I hadn't read Lucy of Narnia's description before I drew it, But it looks incredibly like #1. If I get a chance I might try the others. http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6104/pic6wb.jpg
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lu_valient » Feb 08, 2011 4:37 am

The Lady Arwen Undómiel, I love that dress! It looks beautifully done! It encompasses a lot of everyone's ideas.
made by katherine
Lu_valient
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Jill » Feb 12, 2011 1:12 am

The Lady Arwen Undomiel, That is incredible, it's gorgeous, it's magnificent, it's perfect! I love it, please costume designers look at this page and make the dress like this!

I would never of thought of LofGK with red hair but know I've seen it I think it would be very lovely.
Comfort child we are between the paws of the true Aslan.- King Tirian

If this is the real world the the play world a great deal better- Puddleglum
Jill
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Standing at the door to Aslans country from Experiment House

Postby DamselJillPole » Feb 12, 2011 9:59 am

Lady Arwen Undomiel You drew LOGK 100% how I imagined her. I love the dress, the green is exactly the right color for her, I love her hair style and color. I wouldn't be surprised if the LOGK looks like this in the film because this is what she should look like! ;) :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Anfinwen » Feb 12, 2011 12:10 pm

I finally finished LoTGK in her riding dress. I was unable to make it as detailed as I would like. The dress, I imagined as being heavily embroidered and after I finished her hair I decided it was too simple. She is riding sidesaddle with her dress spread out behind her.
To anyone who knows about horses, please forgive my first attempt at drawing one. I used my brother's horse coloring book as a guide. http://img833.imageshack.us/i/pic1rz.jpg/
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Feb 12, 2011 6:54 pm

The former picture you drew is very good. I especially like her hair but I think she's a could have a more hair at the front (she's a bit bald as is). The second picture isn't bad, she's just not all that feminine any more. She needs more of a neck and the horse is a bit compacted. Also, this one is a personal preference, but I never pictured her as having her neck covered. The Lady is meant to be sensual and that's rather conservative.
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby StarAsterisk » Feb 16, 2011 9:13 am

The Lady Arwen Undómiel: Nice! I especialy LOVE the horse! The outfit is quite good, and yes I imagine her with red hair, but with a different face. kinda a pionty face, you know?
signature by Beginte
StarAsterisk
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Group Hug » Feb 25, 2011 12:39 pm

I have to agree with Warrior 4 Jesus on the dress covering the neck while the drawing is very good and beautiful as it is, it looks alittle bit stuffy, conservative, and to modest for LOTGK to wear. As her name implies Lady of the Green Kirtle she would be femine. You can show deception and slyness in a dress while still making it femine.

Lady Arwen Undomiel your first drawing is very amazing and beautiful. it embodies LOTGK. :ymhug:
[img]pevensiesbeach2.jpg[/img]
Maybe we're incorretly labeled :S
"It's what you do with the time thats given to you." -Gandalf
Group Hug
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby puddleglum32 » Feb 25, 2011 4:33 pm

I agree with you "group hug."
Attachments
cass60.jpg
cass60.jpg (13.44 KiB) Viewed 30547 times

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lu_valient » Feb 27, 2011 7:12 am

By "Green Kirtle" Lewis was probably talking about what LOTGK was wearing
made by katherine
Lu_valient
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Anfinwen » Mar 02, 2011 9:57 am

Thanks so very much everyone for the encouraging comments!

StarAsterisk wrote:I imagine her with red hair, but with a different face. kinda a pionty face, you know?

Profiles are a thorn in my side. I don't think I have ever got one quite right.

To every one who thinks (and I agree) that the LotGK would be less covered, I was considering that there was probably snow on the ground. Even witches get cold sometimes. I did intend for the fabric on the neck and sleeves to be sheer, only it isn't very apparent. The sleeves and neck are supposed to imply that more sensual side with out being immodest.
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby puddleglum32 » Mar 02, 2011 3:28 pm

I think her dress is green.

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby ValiantArcher » Jul 05, 2013 3:24 pm

Bumping this up again since there's been some recent discussion of the Lady of the Green Kirtle's dress during the Maying/when she enchants Rilian. :)

I don't have any great ideas, but I just glanced through this thread and a couple of things struck me that I thought I'd share in case anyone else wanted to bounce off of them:
a) Adeona had suggested a kind of Celtic feel to her costumes, which I thought was rather interesting.
b) Several people suggested a gradient colour scheme, usually ranging from a light or pale green at the beginning to a dark green or brown at the end.
c) Someone also suggested the idea of LotGK's final costume silhouette changing throughout the final scenes; starting out in a more flowing or pouffy manner and then narrowing in until she transformed into a snake. I'm not sure how that would exactly look, but it sounds kind of cool. ;))
Some days you battle yourself and other monsters.
Some days you just make soup.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby starkat » Jul 05, 2013 3:30 pm

Celtic feel sounds great for a style. I do like the basic cut of Kellerman's outfit in the BBC version, but a progression of materials would be nice. Something soft, summery, and almost flirty for the scenes where Rilian is meeting her. Probably something in an almost spring green color.

Then progress to something a little deeper in color and maybe something actually done in a riding costume instead of a full on dress for the scene where she meets the children out on the trail. The seasons will have changed and it will be a better fit than a lady riding side saddle in a dress. The material would have to be sturdier for that.

For the underground "at home" scenes, something heavy in the material department so that it hangs much more severely on her figure. Probably something with sharp edges and a much deeper, forest green. Maybe with some kind of electric (almost) grass green accessories. Or something to compliment the serpent she turns into for accessory coloring. Make sure the accessories are entirely sharp and hard angles here as she is "at home" and doesn't necessarily have to hide her true character in her own realm.
starkat

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jul 05, 2013 5:27 pm

That is an absolutely gorgeous picture! :ymhug: I love it!

I like how you made her have red hair. I've always thought that the Lady of the Green Kirtle should have red hair. It really brings out the green dress.

Keep up the great work!
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

PreviousNext