This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Caspian - Ben Barnes

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Caspian - Ben Barnes

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Dec 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Ben Barnes actually has another film project he's working on right now: God Only Knows. There haven't been many news reports about it, but the genre falls into the category of Crime Drama.

You can look it up for more information. :)
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby DamselJillPole » Dec 08, 2012 2:03 pm

Here's the set pictures of Ben on his new movie 'God Only Knows'

http://benbarnesfan.com/gallery/index.php?cat=85
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Jane Bennet » Apr 01, 2013 12:43 am

I've always loved the character of Caspian. :) And... I might have had a little bit of a crush on him when I was eight years old. ;)) Now, of course, I just think of him as a very well-written character who is also very kind, and a good king. :)

And Ben Barnes seems quite nice. :)
Jane Bennet

Postby De_De » Jul 01, 2013 9:32 am

One thing I really like about Caspian, well the book Caspian, is that he is not proud at all. When Peter comes he is totally submisive to what he says, knowing that Peter is alot more experienced. But Caspian is no coward or soft person, he stands for what is right. I think that the movie did a not very good job at showing the book Caspian. In the movie he seems a bit stuck up. This has nothing to do with Ben Barnes, he did an amazing job at showing the character he was given, buuut I think that the directing was not really the best. I was expecting a bit more...I don't humbleness...for lack of a better word. I know it was made like that to have the conflict with Peter, but I think that was a bit extra.
I really loved the fact that they made Caspian have a Spanish accent! It added a bit of flavor to the movie. WHY did they take the accent away in VDT????? Oh well. All that is left to say is that Ben Barnes is an exellent actor and mastered exactly what Andrew Adamson wanted from him. Buuuut I don't like the way Adamson portrayed him.
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jul 01, 2013 6:28 pm

Well, I'm rather glad the accent in PC was taken away in VDT. The Spanish accent sounded very out of place and too forced.

I like book Caspian much better, like most people do. To me, I found it more shocking to have someone, barely a child, to find out he's been living a lie and that his father was brutally murdered by Caspian's uncle. Peter and Caspian got off much better in the book, which I liked, as opposed to the film.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby AslansChild » Jul 11, 2013 6:45 am

The trailer for the Seventh Son is out:

Any thoughts?
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DamselJillPole » Jul 11, 2013 5:13 pm

Wow, that trailer is, wow. I've been longing to see the trailer for Seventh Son for some time now and it really looks amazing. Thank you for posting this and I am so going to see it when it comes out.

Ben Barnes you are on your way!
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Rilian The Disenchanted » Jul 12, 2013 3:02 am

It looks quite good, nice designs on alle those monsters. Just hope the plot is a bit coherent. Haven't read the books on which it's based upon.
Ben is really becoming a major actor in the fantasy genre. 2 Narnia movies, a small role in Stardust, and now Seventh Son.
Rilian The Disenchanted
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Gilby's Angel » Jul 12, 2013 5:53 pm

Aslanschild, thanks for the heads up about this movie. The trailer looks great. I've read the book and some things in the trailer looked familiar but some did not. If I remember correctly, the 'Seventh Son' was only 9 or 10 years old, so that's a major change. Are they planning to make more of the books in the series into movies or is this a one shot deal?
Nothing anyone does gives me the right to be unkind.
Gilby's Angel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Rilian The Disenchanted » Jul 13, 2013 10:24 am

It's definitely the plan to make it a series i think. But of course it al depends how much money the movie makes. Eragon, Golden Compass, there are a lot fantasy movie series that stalled after 1 movie. I don't think these books have a large fanbase, so i doubt it'll do well enough to warrant a sequel. Also it's released in january, not much people go to the theatres then.
Rilian The Disenchanted
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Welcome to the Prince Caspian Reading Group!

Postby Kazuya-Mishima » Oct 06, 2014 9:49 am

At First : Sry for my bad english, im not from here :-\ But here's my question :
How does Prince Caspian look in your mind ? Do you really imagine, that he is a child? I think the age of Prince Caspian from the 2008 movie is better and sounds more serious.
Kazuya-Mishima
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby 220chrisTian » Dec 20, 2014 3:36 pm

BREAKING NEWS

Ben Barnes has joined social media!!!

http://www.facebook.com/BenBarnesOfficial
http://instagram.com/benbarnes/
http://twitter.com/benbarnes

Projects (IMDb)
By the Gun (in theaters)
Sons of Liberty (History Channel - Jan 25-27, 2015)
Seventh Son (theaters - Feb 6. 2015)
Exposed (ABC - unknown)
220chrisTian

Postby Gilby's Angel » May 23, 2015 3:14 pm

Just got a chance to watch Ben Barnes in the History Channel's Sons of Liberty. He does a great job as Sam Adams. Doesn't surprise me, though.
I thought he was great in Prince Caspian. Has anyone else seen Sons of Liberty? Thoughts?
Nothing anyone does gives me the right to be unkind.
Gilby's Angel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby narnianerd » Dec 03, 2017 8:57 pm

Y'all seen Ben Barnes in the Punisher? Yooooo, he kicked some serious butt. 9.5/10 from me.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Previous