This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Edmund - Skandar Keynes

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Edmund - Skandar Keynes

Postby NarniaLullaby » Jun 12, 2012 11:25 am

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:I loved how King Caspian returned his torch to him. Great easter egg moment!

That was great! I really enjoyed that, too.

As for Skandar overall, there's really not much to say that hasn't already been said. He's a great actor and especially great for the character of Edmund. :)
"If my heart was a house, you'd be home."
~ Owl City
Signature image found at
SpareOom.net
NarniaLullaby
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 28, 2012 5:18 pm

He did a great job as Edmund. Of the three movies, I think he was best in the first two - perhaps with PC as the very best. I particularly like the scene where he delivers the challenge to Miraz B-)
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby wild rose » Jul 31, 2012 11:56 am

Skandar was a great Edmund, in all three parts, he pulled the role off very well. In LWW he was great as the kid who annoys everyone and is constantly getting into trouble, trying to be a bully and then in the end, becoming a real hero. In PC, I enjoyed the role he took, it wasn't a very big one, but he played very well and watching him was enjoyable. Even though I dislike VDT greatly, I will admit that Skandar played well, I only wish they hadn't ruined the story quite so much, then it would have been even more fun to see him playing the Edmund that was in the book

Varnafinde wrote:I think he was best in the first two - perhaps with PC as the very best. I particularly like the scene where he delivers the challenge to Miraz B-)

ditto, I also agree that he played best in PC and that part with Miraz was done very well, one of my favorite in the movie :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby DamselJillPole » Dec 13, 2012 12:05 am

I hope Skandar continues to act. Every now and then for two years I would search to see if he's in a new movie project. Please come back Skandar. :)
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby queenviolet » Jan 03, 2013 8:59 pm

Even though he was a real jerk in LLW, he was much better in PC and VDT. I thought that Peter took all of the screen time in PC. but in VDT, Edmund fought back and had the camera to himself!!!(Sorry mods, this is the only i can express my feeling about narnia...i know nobody i can talk to face to face in my city/school) Edmund is always KING why can't he be HIGH KING for once?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Is he scared him and Capian X with fight him and he will accidentilly die?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!? I think C.S. Lewis made Edmund stronger than that......I really don't know i'm not C.S.Lewis.
queenviolet
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Jane Bennet » Apr 01, 2013 12:31 am

queenviolet wrote:Even though he was a real jerk in LLW, he was much better in PC and VDT.

I agree. :) When I first read about him in LWW, I was really sad because I thought he was going to end up never being nice. I was really relieved when that turned out to not be the case. And now he's one of the nicest characters in the books! :) And the movies, as well. ;))
Jane Bennet

Postby De_De » Jul 01, 2013 10:37 am

queenviolet, the reason Edmund can't be High King is because Aslan made Peter High King. There is no system of "if the high king dies then the next king becomes high king". Caspian is not the High King, and no other king will ever be the High King. Well, that's the way I see it.
I really like Skander as a character! I think that Lewis did a wonderful job in the developing the character through out the books. He starts out to be, as queenviolet said, a real jerk and goes on to be a very mature warrior in A Horse and His Boy. Actually, come to think of it Edmund is one of the most colorful characters in Narnia. He appaers in four out od seven books, and in each one you see him change and develop and grow.
I really don't like the way Edmund was portrayed in thmovie VDT. I mean, come on! It just seemed a bit cheezy, but then that's just my opinion.
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

Postby mm1991 » Sep 19, 2013 3:56 pm

It's a real shame that Skandar only got to portray Edmund in three films. He will be far too old to portray Edmund again of course in any future films. He was absolutely perfect for the role.
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby coracle » Oct 05, 2013 10:32 pm

Edmund doesn't turn up again apart from in The Last Battle, at which time they are mostly all grown up - with just Jill and Eustace aged about 16 and still at school, and even Lucy has left school.
That would be okay, if Skandar could portray Edmund aged about 20.

Oh, and I forgot The Horse & His Boy - Edmund is in his 20s, so it would be fine!
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby fantasia » Apr 08, 2014 7:56 pm

I saw this crazy story on the internet tonight that Skandar has gotten married. I couldn't find a single website to substantiate it. Has anybody seen or heard anything?

Congrats to Skandar if it turns out to be true.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby EtJ » Apr 10, 2014 10:53 am

I saw that, too. I don't think it's true, given the way the post I read seemed to read- it sounded more like the person writing it was a fangirl ( ;;) ) who was writing it about herself.
"To the Great Western Wood, I give you...."
EtJ
Moderator Emeritus
Mad Mod of GMD and G&B

Postby 220chrisTian » Apr 12, 2014 1:39 pm

Definitely a fan girl writing about herself...

https://www.facebook.com/cnn/posts/1015 ... eam_ref=10

In other news, Skandar will graduate from Cambridge in late June, with a B.A. in Asian and Middle Eastern Studies!
220chrisTian

Postby DamselJillPole » Apr 12, 2014 2:43 pm

I heard about this post about Skandar possibly being married and when I find that it was a fan girl post I felt almost disappointed about that. I was hoping yeah, our Skandar is a happily married man. Oh well. :(
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » May 17, 2014 10:26 am

hey everyone! lookie what I found! Skandar is going to be a part of an audiobook who's cast includes Billy Boyd and Jimmy Cosmo!! we have a current picture of Skandar now after no news from him for 4 years! yay!
http://www.infreedomscause.com/

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Anfinwen » May 17, 2014 4:38 pm

Thanks so much for posting this story! Not that I'm crazy over Skandar, but "In Freedom's cause" is one of my all-time favorite books by G. A. Henty. I knew Bill Heid had dramatized "Under Drake's flag" but it's not one of my favorites. If you're interested in the production but not sure if the story is worth your while, It's about William Wallace, Robert Bruce, and Scotland's struggle for freedom, all from the view of a young man named Archie Forbs.
Here is the free project Gutenberg E-text. http://www.gutenberg.org/files/4792/4792-h/4792-h.htm

I'm definitely keeping my eye on this one!
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby 220chrisTian » May 20, 2014 2:48 pm

@Liberty: thank you! I've been meaning for days to check NW; I finally did today. Why did this never show up in my Google news alerts? X(

http://www.skandarandgeorgie.com/2014/0 ... dio-drama/
220chrisTian

PreviousNext