This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Mansion: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: The Mansion: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Postby MountainFireflower » Dec 31, 2012 2:49 am

— Lady Z —

"Yes, well, this is a wonderful prequel to our adventures together," I say with a touch of sarcasm and a dry smile.

I wait, holding my breath, during Cor's countdown, and like magic, my legs and arms stop moving right on time. Finally! My eyes widen and I whoosh out a sigh of relief. "Oh my goodness, I'm glad that's over. I thought it would never end. Thank you so much."

I jump to my feet, feeling the ache in my muscles from the incessant dancing. It's then that I see Bookwyrm lurking on the edges of the party. I send him a look with a smirk that says, "Nice one, buddy." That really was a well-planned trick, I'll give him that. Not only do my muscles ache, but my pride smarts a bit as well. What's more humiliating than breakdancing in front of millions of people?

I turn back to Cor. "Now what should we—"

Suddenly, I hear a loud crack followed by a succession of rapid pops. I stifle a scream and look over at the refreshments table. It appears that the package of cookies has ... exploded? I frown as gingerbread men start running all around the room. This isn't the strangest thing I've ever seen, but still... it is pretty weird. My thoughts move rapidly. Exploding cookies? Sentient gingerbread men? This has Booky's name written all over it.

The partygoers start to scream in panic. I glance over at Cor. "Okay, Doctor, I guess it's time for us to save the world ... or at least this party. What's your brilliant plan?"
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby PrinceCor004 » Dec 31, 2012 12:59 pm

((( OOC: Yay for long posts and a special cameo!! :D ;))

Also, bye Ara! Twas fun RPing with you while it lasted!! :ymhug: )))

"Just think, it gets even better from here!" I reply with a wide grin of genuine delight. Yes, even though some would call me a bit batty for enjoying the strangeness of the universe, I can't help but marvel at it... well, unless it's trying to harm innocent beings. Then I have a serious problem with it.

I open my mouth to answer Lady Z's inquiry when yet another small explosion sounds quickly followed by a mix of partygoer screams and that insufferable "Chipmunk Song".

"I really do hate that song..." I muttered with a sigh. Looking around at all the living, singing gingerbread men, I am understandably distracted when Lady Z asks me what my plan is. "My plan? My dear girl, my plan is the usual plan."

With that, I dash into the kitchen and disappear for a few minutes. When I re-emerge, I'm holding a large coffee carafe that is nicely steaming with.... "LOOK AT ME! I'VE GOT HOT COCOA!!!"

The gingerbread men halt their (admittedly cute) rampage long enough to do a collective head turn towards my direction. Within a few seconds, the whole lot of the gingerbread Things begin swarming towards my general direction. Their tune has also changed from the "Chipmunk Song" to a variation of "Copacabana" but repeating "Hot Cocoa" instead of the usual lyrics.

Thinking fast, I exist through the kitchen door and lead the gingerbread men out around the Mansion and into the Square... while holding the carafe of fresh cocoa in front of me. Once safely in the middle of the Square, I whistle a quick four-note tune.... and wait. A few seconds later, a very familiar sound of large flapping wings can be heard echoing through the Square quickly followed by the large and somewhat formidable shadow of a dragon.

The gingerbread men let out a collective squeal of fright before they are gobbled down by the dragon in one fell swoop. The few that survive begin scampering away, but are quickly dealt with by the dragon. After finishing his job, the giant beast takes the carafe of hot cocoa and downs it in one long gulp.

".... You know, I was planning on sharing that with the guests, Vern."

"Oh, sorry Cor. But you know, hot cocoa is the best chaser for a whole army of living gingerbread men." Vern says as he licks his dragon-y lips before handing the now very empty container back to me.

"True, but still. You need to ask before you drink it all. Oh well, the kitchen is overflowing with hot cocoa anyway, so no harm done."

"Very well. I'll try and remember that next time. By the way, how is the party going?"

"Very good, actually. Booky keeps stirring things up, as is his way, but overall it's really nice."

"Heh, Booky.... Well, glad it's going well. I better head back to the Castle, though. King Lune mentioned something about starting the annual bonfire on his own and I really don't trust him with all that wood and only those pathetic matches."

"Ha! You're concerned about him? I remember when it was the other way around..."

"Well, your Father still likes to think it is."

"Ha, O.K. See you later, Vern! Thanks again for your aid!!"

"Don't mention it! Glad to help!" With that, Vern takes off again and heads for home.

Having successfully completed my plan, I return to the Mansion. On my way to the door, I notice a familiar looking key lying in a snow bank. "Hi ho! My TARDIS key! Glad I found you again... not sure what the old girl would have thought if someone else took her for a spin."

Putting the key in my inner jacket pocket, I entered the Mansion. "The Invasion of the Gingerbread People has been successfully avoided for this year. No need to thank me, but I do believe you need to have a talk with your Sweetie..." I aim this last bit at Lady A and then glance over at Booky who is still chuckling over in his corner.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Lady Arwen » Dec 31, 2012 7:14 pm

Lady A looked up from the happy little Molly, who she was still sitting and giggling with.

"What? I already slapped him once tonight, and kept Lia from blowing up a cake inside. What else am I supposed to do?"
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby PrinceCor004 » Dec 31, 2012 8:29 pm

"Ah, very true..." Sighing slightly, I head back to where Lia is sitting.

"Could I interest you in a cup of fresh hot cocoa, miss? And also some cookies that do not try attacking you?"
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Melian_Maia » Dec 31, 2012 8:42 pm

Lia was about to bite into her cookie when IT bit into her. "Ouch!" she said loudly, dropping the cookie (which picked itself up off the ground and ran off to join its friends). She glared at the attacking gingerbread cookies. "Horrid little things."

"Could I interest you in a cup of fresh hot cocoa, miss? And also some cookies that do not try attacking you?"

She looked over at Cor. "Um, sure," she said. Cookies that didn't attack were always good.
Draco Dormien Nunquam Titillandus
Minion to Lady A and Booky ⎮ NW sister to Ela, Mountie, and Rose.
Braintriplet to Narnia_Fan12 and narnianerd
Team Hoodie! Secret Order of the Swoosh
Melian_Maia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lady Arwen » Dec 31, 2012 10:03 pm

The clock outside began donging the hour. Lady A perks up her ears, and realizes it is nearly that moment between the years.

"It is nearly time, Molly," she said, smiling down at the gargoyle. "Hope you like confetti."

Lady a definitely was nothing like a prankster, but she did have a few specialties up her sleeve. She picked Molly up, and the two disappeared upstairs for a few moments. When she returned, her free hand held a huge basket.

"Attention, all! We have to perform one last thing before the new year begins. And that is...we need to open Christmas crackers. Everyone get in a circle, grab a cracker, and cross arms! ...and Booky, I will kill you if you do anything else naughty before the New Year. Just be advised."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Bookwyrm » Jan 01, 2013 2:49 am

"I do suppose I can contain my voracious appetite for mischief and mayhem for a little while," Bookwyrm said reluctantly. "But if I don't like my prize, I'll probably make an improvised explosive with it."
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Varnafinde » Jan 01, 2013 3:48 am

Varna keeps her mouth shut for as long as only Swedish threatens to come out of it. She sees that other people have the same or even different problems, and guesses that it came with the punch. Apparently someone else thinks the same, and throws it out ...

If so, it has to be only temporary. She decides to wait. As an Elf, she should even be less affected than the mortals.

When a quiet test shows that she's back to normal, the room is invaded by live gingerbread men, who are then lured out again by some Hameln-like rat catcher - and presumably dealt with outside. What an evening!

(And outside, unbeknownst to Varna, a mouse that had been eating some punch-drenched snow, is attacking a cat ...)

Close to midnight comes the call to open the Christmas cackers. Varna picks up a green cracker, gets into position, and waits.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby stargazer » Jan 01, 2013 2:57 pm

"Christmas crackers! I saw this on Doctor Who once!" Erik grins as he gets into position, with Varna on one side and Abby on his other.

Abby, meanwhile, leans over to talk to Lady A. "Thanks for watching Molly for us tonight. You're a natural, you know, and she really likes you."
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Lady Arwen » Jan 01, 2013 5:08 pm

((OOC: @gazer: :)) ))

Lady A smiled back at Abby.

"Oh, you're welcome. She's such a sweetheart, and I really like her, too," she said. "Everyone ready? Pull on three! One...two....THREE!"
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Dernhelm_of_Rohan » Jan 01, 2013 6:10 pm

Anne finished pouring some foul liquid on the last gingerbread man that was clinging to her skirt - all the others had disappeared down the throat of a rather nice-looking dragon that reminded her that she had neglected to bring her own faithful pet Trevor to join in the festivities. The cookie creature shivered and became a small lump of colored sugar on the floor. I told my mom alchemy would be a useful line of work, she chuckled to herself.

At Lady A's announcement, Anne smiled gratefully. Although she had come late to the party, forgotten to bring her pet Pocket Dragon, been made to speak French by poisoned punch, knocked out by a pill and attacked by cookies, she couldn't recall having a better time.

With a broad smile, Anne pulled at her blue Christmas cracker.

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby stargazer » Jan 03, 2013 3:56 pm

Erik pulled as Lady A called THREE, and his cracker opened with a bang. Inside he found some cloth rolled up into a cylinder. He pulled it out and revealed a pink blanket with a big letter "M" in the middle.

"I'm not sure pink is your color," Abby teased as he handed it over to their daughter, who immediately grabbed it and tried to stuff it in her mouth.

"That won't taste like chicken," he said as he took it out of Molly's mouth and watched as she played with it.

Now how did they manage to get a blanket for her into one of these? Erik thought to himself.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Bookwyrm » Jan 03, 2013 11:50 pm

Bookwyrm pulled his pctarine cracker and it opened with a small explosion, revealing some sort of ray gun.

"Oh my goodness! A zat'ni'katel! This is the best Christmas present ever!"
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby JillPole » Jan 04, 2013 5:40 pm

Out in the Square (now emptied of both Gingerbread army and Dragon) a gentle snow begins to fall again. At the same time, a subtle music can be faintly heard on the wind, if one listens carefully.

There are sounds, too, that spark the notion that someone nearby is laughing.

More snow is falling now, the wind shaping it into drifts and clouds of white; human eyes could now barely pick out the Fountain from ten feet away.

Ever so quietly, dressed in the same shimmering white as the swirling flakes, one figure at a time slips into the Square. The music is clearer now; an airy panflute whose source cannot be identified.

The figures, the long-absent Madcaps, move to its rhythm effortlessly- long cloaks and flowing sleeves stirring up still more snow into the air. There is more laughter, and it sounds like the tinkling of ice.

Snowballs are made and hurled in rhythm, muffled mittened claps and booted stomps keep time, as joyfully they celebrate the quiet, cold beauty of a deep winter's night.
JillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Dernhelm_of_Rohan » Jan 05, 2013 6:32 am

Anne's blue cracker burst open to reveal the dried form of a very rare flower - horticus malspellen - which is the key ingrediant to many potions in advanced alchemy.

"Oh, Lady A!" she said, staring in delight at the gift. "I've never even seen one before! Thank you so much!"

She glanced up at the window, and smiled to see the snow falling again. Maybe there's still time for some sledding, she thought, carefully stowing the horticus malspellen in a bit of silk and placing that in her coat pocket. Then, she grabbed a mug of hot cocoa (she couldn't remember Bookwyrm going near the hot cocoa all night, so it was probably safe) and lifted it high in salute. "Merry Christmas, everyone! And a happy new year!"

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby MountainFireflower » Jan 05, 2013 8:36 pm

— Lady Z —

"Indeed, it does get better! I must say, I'm quite looking forward to it," I say in response to Cor.

I watch as Cor executes his plan: luring the gingerbread men out into the Square to be eaten by Vern. "Nice plan, Doctor. Very well-played." I high-five him, then turn to the dragon. "Good to see you, Vern."

I head back inside, shivering a bit as I leave the cold exterior. "Brr." Right as I enter, everyone's pulling apart their Christmas crackers. I grab one from the basket and pull it apart. Inside is a piece to upgrade my time-travelling corset to go at even higher speeds. I smile. "Thanks so much, sis."

I look around at everyone. "Happy New Year, my friends! And... do yourself a favor and stay away from the punch," I say with a laugh.

Deciding that we need to freshen up the mood, I head over to the DJ table. "Dance party!" I yell. After surveying the selection of songs, I decide to put on a rendition of "Everybody Dance Now." I'll definitely avoid the dancing, but that doesn't mean I can't watch everyone else, I think with an evil smirk.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

PreviousNext