This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Getting to Know You

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Getting to Know You

Postby PrinceCor004 » Dec 15, 2012 12:00 pm

Welcome to the NarniaWeb forums! We are excited to have you, and hope that you will enjoy your time here. This is the place for you to introduce yourself and tell us a little about your hobbies and interests. You can copy and paste the questions below, and share as much (or as little) as you like.

I'll go ahead and get this moving....

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): PrinceCor, but most known as Cor
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): King
3. Family (single/married/kids): Single
4. Occupation: Blog writer
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: From my Dad shortly before LWW came to theaters in 2005.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: Oh dear... I can't remember. ;)) Mom started out reading them to me, so that was many many years ago.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Several times.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Probably Voyage of the Dawn Treader or The Magicians Nephew.
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I LOVE collecting and listening to film scores as well as blogging my reviews of them. I also enjoy reading, watching movies, hanging out with my friends and family and listening to Oldies/Classic Rock. I also have a strange British-esque accent even though I was born and raised in the Deep South. ;))
Oh yes, and I love being a Mod on this awesome site. B-)

Alright, now it's your turn! :)
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Re: Getting to Know You

Postby Aslanisthebest » Dec 15, 2012 12:12 pm

*hasn't done this in a while*

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Aslanisthebest
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen.
3. Family (single/married/kids): I'm a kid. ;) Dad, Mom, big sister. Youngeeest! \m/ I like being the youngest and my big sister likes being the oldest so it's all good.
4. Occupation: Student. Various entrepreneur endeavors (business and all that fun stuff.)
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: We searched up news after being furious after watching PC and stumbled upon Narniaweb where we found like-minded people whom we could rant with (and Susaspians who we could argue with..... ahem, kidding...We learnt to respectfully disagree.). Our names were born out of infuriatedness and loyalty to Narnia.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: My mom told us about them when we were... I want to say 8? Then later I read LWW, wasn't interested, watched the movie, and loved them. It took my sister and me time to read the other books because we were afraid new characters would come to Narnia and the Pevensies would be forgotten.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Overall, probably 3 times as a whole. I've read The Magician's Nephew, The Silver Chair, and The Horse and His Boy more times, though.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Magician's Nephew, The Silver Chair, or The Horse and His Boy. :P
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Just ask. I like playing the piano, knitting, writing, eating chocolate, reading, listening to good music (I won't list all the music I like because that would take forever and a day.... so just ask.), going on various entrepreneurship endeavors with my business partner (AslanisthebestCSLewisNarnia, Ltd. She wants CSL first, so you might hear it referred to differently... ;) ). Yeah, things like that. ;))
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby wolfloversk » Dec 19, 2012 10:45 pm

Ohh... new getting to know you thread? Well I shall simply answer the questions again and then go look up my old answers and see what's changed :P (*has been wanting to update this for a while... perfect opportunity ;) )

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): wolfloversk. Though people on the forum typically call me wolf (occasionally capitalized), Wolfy, or Wolfie :)
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Contrary to popular belief Queen... perhaps I should use a more purpleish color in the chat... did for a while but purple is extremely popular ;))
3. Family (single/married/kids): Single and I've never regretted it ;)
4. Occupation: College student, majoring in zoology
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Wikipedia, It was cited as a source in some narnia related article... been visiting since about 2007, joined the forum not long after the site switch in 2009
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: That depends on the Chronicle ;) I first had LWW read to me when I was 6 or 7, but I never found out about the rest until I was 13 just before the movie came out in '05... by then I had forgotten much of the plot to the first I'm sorry to say, but I remembered loving it as a child so I ordered the others read them and reread LWW... (not in either order :P) and the rest is history ;)
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Um... I can't count that high...
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Horse and his Boy, surprisingly it was my least favorite when I first read it, but it has grown on me greatly. Bree is wonderful, I love Shasta's story line, and there's just so many parts of that book I've grown to appreciate...
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I'm an animal lover, particularly wolves (bet you guys never guessed ;) ), but I also like rabbits (have owned 2, I could ramble about how awesome they are all day, but I'll save it for the Pet's blog :P) and meerkats :) I am afraid of spiders, scorpions, and centipedes however. Currently in my junior year of college... I'm terrible with technology (as many here have learned :P), I type with one hand... right hand's actually pretty good at it though I still make more typos than most people, left hand... not so much :P In addition to Narnia I love the Space Trilogy, the Jurassic Park movies (still have to read the books), and various other fantasy/sci fi stories. I love nature and the winter time :) Especially love snow! I like reading, hiking, writing, drawing, fishing, and anything related to the white-stuff... even shoveling off the sidewalk ;)

I think this one is longer than my first :ymblushing:
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby jillpole1 » Dec 20, 2012 11:38 pm

I posted in the last version of this topic, but oh well. :P

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): jillpole1, more commonly known as Jill.
4. Occupation: Babysitting, I guess. :P
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: While researching news for VDT, I stumbled upon this lovely place, and the forums/chat a bit later on. :)
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: 9-ish, I believe.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Just once, sadly. There are so many book series out there that I don't often have time to re-read certain ones- I know I'll read it many more times in the future though. :)
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Silver Chair, hence my username. :P
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I'm obsessed with London, and BBC, I love music and singing, as well as reading, horse back riding, and archery.
NW siblings: TheDwarfMan, TheGentleWarrior
NW Cousin: Weirdo

Avvie by: RubyGamgee - Signature by: Tarkheena
jillpole1
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby TheGentleWarrior » Dec 21, 2012 12:03 am

I haven't done this in awhile. Might as well, I've changed in the 4 years I've been here. :P

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): TheGentleWarrior, however I'm usually known as Gen.
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen
4. Occupation: Student, but also an assistant dance teacher. :D
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I saw the PC trailer, got super interested in it and googled more information. Found the forum and begged to join for the next 6 months. :P
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: Around nine years old. I think.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: You seriously want me to try and count after this long?!
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: VDT and LWW
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Well, first thing's first.. I LOVE ballet. It is my passion and obsession. :P I can't go a day without talking about it, much to everyone's annoyance. ;) My favourite animals are horses and cats. I also like to read, listen to music, and collect snowglobes. :p

That's it for now. My screen isn't working. :P
Proud ballet dancer!
4/23/12 - First triple pirouette en pointe!
TheGentleWarrior
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby MountainFireflower » Dec 21, 2012 2:11 am

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): MountainFireflower, though most just call me Mountie. ;)
3. Family (single/married/kids): Single.
4. Occupation: Writer and frequent practitioner of general awesomeness. ;)
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I found it when searching for info on Prince Caspian. I still remember sitting in my cold basement on a dinosaur of a computer looking at a picture of who they'd cast for Miraz. For a while, I wasn't sure if I was allowed to visit the site, so I only looked at it for a few seconds at a time. ;)) When I found out about the discussion forums, I lurked for ages before finally getting up the nerve to ask my dad if he'd let me join a discussion forum. ...Obviously, he said yes. ;))
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: My dad started with LWW and read it to me / showed me the Radio Theatre. I did not know it was an entire series until I discovered the other books in my basement when I was about nine. Honestly, that was one of my favorite feelings in the world.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Several times.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Last Battle, though LWW is a close second, and honestly, I love them all. ;))
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I'm a writer, and I love inspiring, beautiful things. I'm in love with places I've never been to, namely Ireland and London. I love music, especially Owl City and Mat Kearney. I'm a huge fan of BBC's Robin Hood and Lord of the Rings, as well as various other fandoms. Tangled is one such fandom. And speaking of which, I'm definitely notorious around here for my frying pan. ;) "I will use this."
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby SnowAngel » Dec 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Since it's been three years since I last did this and I've changed some, I'm going to do it again. :)

1. Name: SnowAngel or SA for short :)
4. Occupation: Daughter, little sister, big sister, and second command of my sisters’ and my Etsy shop.
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I was looking for a trailer for Prince Caspian in April or May 2008, and I found the forum in the early fall when I was looking for information about the DVD release.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: 13, after I saw The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe I decided it was time to read the books.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Several times, planning to them again after the start of the New Year.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader or The Horse and His Boy, I can never decide.
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I’m a born again Christian. I love Christian music, my favorite band is Third Day with Tenth Avenue North second. :D I'm working on collecting Third Day's CDs, but so far I don't have very many yet. :)

I enjoy cooking and baking, I make really good buttermilk biscuits. :) And doubly chocolate chip cookies. :D I'm working on improving my pie making skills now. ;)

I love photography; I’ve taken lots of pictures some of which are pretty good.

Everyone in my family loves to read and I am no exception; I like both fiction and nonfiction. Things that really interesting to me are the Civil War, the Depression, and WWII. Favorite authors included Tricia Goyer, Michael Phillips, George MacDonald, Jamie Carie, Janette Oke, and Lynn Morris.

I love old black & white movies, murder mysteries like The Thin Man or Whistling in the Dark are among my favorites. But my favorite movie is probably Gladiator, it's epic. :D

I like football and baseball, I’m total Missouri girl and my favorite teams are the St. Louis Cardinals, the Mizzou Tigers, the St. Louis Rams, and I even root for the Kansas City Chiefs and Royals. Yes, I'm a little bit nuts. ;)

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby AshleyTarkheena » Dec 23, 2012 5:49 pm

Hello!

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Well, my real first name is Ashley, and Tarkheena....just sounded pretty with Ashley, and was a Narnia related name, so....I just rather paired them together.

3. Family (single/married/kids): Happily single. I am the oldest of 10 siblings (9 living).

4. Occupation: Weirdo. Consulting Detective. Not really. I shall be serious now. :D I write a blog, cook dinner, and write nonsense. I think the true name of my profession would be 'SAHD' which means 'Stay At Home Daughter'. Or "Stay At Home Dad"...but I'm not a dad, so it's daughter. Or SAHS... which sounds like 'sass'....I like that....

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Mountianfireflower directed me here. I've known about Narniawebs for...well, as long as I've known her, but I only looked into it this week, and here I am!

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I am actually a fairly new Narnian. (Is that a word?). I read my first Chronicle last December (2011) when I was birthday shopping for my little sister, and picked them up for her. I will admit, I read through every one before wrapping them. And still 'borrow' her copies quite frequently....Oh. That wasn't the question....I was...well, if I tell you how old I was when I read them, you'd know how old I am now...and I forget if it's against the rules to post your age...

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: I've lost count.

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and The Magician's Nephew and (I can list three, right?) The Horse and His Boy.

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Oh boy. heehee. Lets start with 'interesting things' first. I often wear period clothing just because I like to. Such as, I think the local grocery store cashiers are beginning to know me as 'that girl who forgets which era she is in'. I have a fetish for anything cloakish and hoodish. I can read through a book or two a day if you let me. I can talk like Gollum. I have the uncanny (and sometimes regrettable) ability to remember songs after hearing them one or two times. I have a mild case of OCD. I will randomly break into Shakespearean simply because I can. And because I could keep going all day, I shall now proceed to the 'Hobbies' part. Writing and reading are my two main interests. I also dabble in photography and costume making. Occasionally I will take up poetry/song writing, but it isn't my strong forte. And, is having a need to store unneeded facts in my head count as a hobby? (Did you know, They had to install a new bathtub into the white house after President Taft got stuck in the pre-existing one?)

And...thats me. I'm really looking forward to being here, and...yeah. :ympeace: (Ooooh. there are lotsa lotsa smilies...I'm going to make a pact with myself to NOT use more than three in each message...otherwise, I will use them all to frequently).
I'm Ashley.
Hiyo.
Hoi.
Bonjour.
AshleyTarkheena
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby MountainFireflower » Dec 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Ahhh! Welcome to the forum, dear Ashley! :ymhug: Can't wait to see you around. And if you have any questions... well... you know where to find me. ;))

Also, I loved reading your introductory post, which contained things I didn't even know. Absolutely brilliant, my dear. Welcome to NarniaWeb! :ymhug:
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Boy Scout » Dec 24, 2012 8:55 am

Welcome to NarniaWeb AshleyTarkheena, I loved your post, by the way, entertaining read!
Packers=13 time Wrold Champs!

I'm not inactive, I'm just very, very, busy.
Boy Scout
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Melian_Maia » Dec 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Heh. It's been almost three years since I did one of these. ;))

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Lia. Melia. Mel. Melian. The Favored One. Braintriplet. Brain. M&Ms. MM. Hammy. Lia-Wia. The list goes on and on. Basically you can call me whatever you want. ;))
4. Occupation: Tea-spitter. It's a long story. :P
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Um, I think I saw a link to it on someone's blog and was like, "oh, hey, that looks cool!" and signed up.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: Small. I don't remember exactly how old I was.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Multiple times each.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Magicians Nephew.
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I can recite the alphabet backwards, I can do long division in my head, I can quote entire movies at you, I love art, I do graphic design, I have three younger sisters and an older brother, my best friend calls me Hulk, and I can make a flower with my tongue. I love music and drawing and all of my fandoms (Sherlock, Doctor Who, BBC Robin Hood, Supernatural, etc.). I'm a writer and a perfectionist. I'm insanely random and have been responsible for more than one operation in Member Chat. I speak a little Spanish, which is often incorporated into my everyday speech. And, well, there are a million more things about me, but it would take up too much time to tell you everything. ;))

EDIT: Welcome, Ashley!! It's good to have you with us. :)
Draco Dormien Nunquam Titillandus
Minion to Lady A and Booky ⎮ NW sister to Ela, Mountie, and Rose.
Braintriplet to Narnia_Fan12 and narnianerd
Team Hoodie! Secret Order of the Swoosh
Melian_Maia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby stargazer » Dec 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Welcome, AshleyTarkheena. Count me among those who also enjoyed reading your post.

You mentioned that you liked writing and reading. Quite a few other NarniaWebbers do too, and here are links to some topics you might enjoy:

Books: 2nd Edition

Writers' World (admittedly slow recently since much of our attention has turned to NaNoWriMo last month).

And speaking of NaNo, you can discuss it here.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby PrinceCor004 » Dec 26, 2012 1:51 pm

A hearty "welcome!" To you, Ashley! :D Glad to have you on the forums and look forward to seeing you around.

*also belongs to the group that enjoyed the post*
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby wolfloversk » Dec 27, 2012 2:17 pm

Welcome Ashley! 10 kids wow! I hope you enjoy it here!
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby emeraldcityofoz » Dec 28, 2012 7:56 pm

Hey there!

1. Name: emeraldcityofoz
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): King
4. Occupation: Student/Blogger
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Honestly I don't know...I think I found it through Google a while ago.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: Well my first introduction to the books was when my second grade teacher read us LWW when I was 7. I've been reading the books on and off again since then and only read The Last Battle this summer.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Just once. :(
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: I need to re-read the books because I can't remember all of them clearly, but I know I really enjoyed The Silver Chair. :)
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I'm an only child and I have four dogs and two cats. I absolutely love reading, watching movies and listening to music. I love the Oz books by L. Frank Baum and adore the 1939 film. Oh, and I love Broadway musicals and Disney.
"I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."
emeraldcityofoz
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby fantasia » Dec 28, 2012 8:30 pm

Hello emeraldcityofoz and welcome! :) I'm also a big fan of Oz, though not as much as I am of Narnia and LotR. Are you looking forward to the upcoming 'Oz: The Great and Powerful' movie? I haven't decided whether I am or not. It doesn't look terribly canon, but you never know, it might be good anyways.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Next