This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Virtual Casting Review

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Virtual Casting Review

Postby King_Erlian » Dec 12, 2012 5:29 am

This looks like fun...

Screen name: King_Erlian

Picture: http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y52 ... G_1046.jpg
This picture was taken during a ranch holiday in Colorado last year.
49 year old male, 5' 8", 210 lbs.

Acting history: 27 years so far (since age 22) of appearing in local amateur dramatic and operatic productions, mostly Gilbert & Sullivan operas, sometimes in the chorus and sometimes as a baritone lead.

Skills: Singing, blacksmithing (ornamental ironwork, not shoeing horses), not too bad at horseriding. British accent a foregone conclusion since I am British. Bit of choreographed sword-fighting. Other skills probably not relevant to Narnia (do they have bass guitars in Narnia?).

Which Movie: The Horse And His Boy

Part: King Lune; could also do the Tisroc but he'd only be on screen for about five minutes.
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby kash968 » Dec 12, 2012 6:06 am

King_Erlian, you'd be great as the Tisroc! :D
kash968
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby DamselJillPole » Dec 12, 2012 11:45 pm

King Erlian you look like you can portray the king of your own username. All hail King Tirian's father ^:)^
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby hmj97 » May 21, 2017 10:36 pm

Ahhh this is the neatest thread I've come across so far! And I'm so glad it's not locked either, since most of the threads that haven't been posted on in a few years seem to be locked. I've always secretly loved the idea of being told which character I could play, just for fun. I'm an actor so I'm used to boxing myself into a 'type' for screen work (which hasn't yet included big movies like the Narnia ones :D ). Hopefully we can pick this thread back up? I have to admit, I had a bit too much fun with this. :))

Screenname: hmj97

Picture/Description: Hopefully it's alright to post my actual headshot here?
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=597F325B

Acting History: Aside from bit, non-speaking roles in a couple short films (and bit roles in a few different children's and school theatre shows from years past), I played Alais Capet in 'The Lion in Winter' (stage play) a few months ago, and just recently wrapped another stage production of 'Takin' Over the Asylum', where I played Aileen. I wrote about both shows, more in-depth, on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=424&start=240

Skills: Archery, Swimming, Australian standard dialect, English standard dialect (RP), Irish dialect, Scottish dialect, Musical Theatre

Which Movie You Would Like to Play In: I suppose any of the remaining ones, depending if the screenwriter/director/producers change the characters' ages so that they're a bit older, as opposed to still being young kids. Aside from that, maybe 'The Horse and His Boy' (though that'd be more for if the Pevensies are written in the script to have larger roles than what was in the book)?

Part(s) You Are Applying For:
Jill Pole, Polly Plummer (if ages are altered so the characters are a bit older), adult Lucy Pevensie [in HHB].
Being an actor means exploring the human psyche, often in its most raw form. It's terrifying at times, but so incredibly liberating. And then there's, you know, the less deep stuff, like getting an agent and going on audition after audition.
hmj97
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Cleander » Jun 25, 2019 5:52 pm

SOO FUN!

Screenname: Cleander

Description: I am about 5'10", weigh close to 200 pounds, and have short, dark blond hair. I have green eyes and dark eyebrows. My arms and chest are muscular... wish I could say the same for the rest of me =)) Clean-shaven at present. I am 20 years old, but I've been guessed as young as 12 before, so I guess my range of possible parts is somewhat broad. ;;) I have a moderately deep voice. And a DEEP voice in the morning! :D
Acting history: None professionally. Done some comedic videos with my siblings, acted in a church play (as a British kid, so that gives me some experience with the accent.)
Skills: Sweating, fake-crying, cape-fluttering, hair-tossing, sword-brandishing, glaring, screaming, singing, a little archery (with compound bows). Mediocre British accents (both cockney and Oxford/Received Pronunciation.) I play various flute instruments, which puts me in mind of a certain Narnia character...
Which Movie: Uh... LWW, PC, VDT, SC, HHB, MN, LB. Any of those.
Which Parts: Mr. Tumnus, Prince Rilian maybe? Also the voice of Maugrim, Trufflehunter, or the Wer-Wolf. Maybe the Older Brother that Corin knocks down? There, that's more realistic. [-(
(I'm not actually serious about this, if you couldn't already tell. Just having fun. I'm not a real actor. But I can dream!)
PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Son of Narnia » Mar 17, 2020 11:46 am

It's been a long time since some of us have posted in here, so I think I'll get this going again. It's been almost 11 years since I've posted in here so I'd love to hear your opinions on which characters I could play now.

Name: SonofNarnia

Picture: https://www.flickr.com/gp/187463011@N05/S08N27

Resume:

Films: The Red Herring (2020), Counter Column (2020), Night Guard (2020), Bad Things Happen (2020), Then Who? (2020), Duel (2019), Eight for Eight (2019), You Should Be There (2018), Wink At Me (2017), The Over-Mountain Men: The Price of Freedom (2017), Happy Together (2016)

TV/Web Series: Project Rapture, Knight's End, The Natural

Theater: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, The Diary of Anne Frank, The Tempest, A Tale of Two Cities (The Musical), Plaza Suite, The Mousetrap, Cheaper by the Dozen, A Christmas Carol, A Little Princess, It's a Wonderful Life, The Match Girl, and a lot more.

Desired Role: I'd love to play King Tirian. He's perhaps my favorite character of all Narnia.
For Narnia! And for Aslan!

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in Him.

-Colossians 2:6
Son of Narnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Previous