This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Susan - Anna Popplewell

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Susan - Anna Popplewell

Postby AslansChild » Jul 25, 2012 8:54 am

I DID see that! I was just...blown away. Wow. That struck me as a very un-Anna-ish role for her. :) But, I'm happy for her. Not really sure if I'll actually watch it though. :p

Behind the scenes of the show:

She was also at Comic Con last weekend for HALO.

http://mundonarnia.com/galeria-de-fotos ... micCon2012
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DamselJillPole » Jul 25, 2012 3:02 pm

^ Yeah I saw that a few days ago with my friend whom is a very huge Halo fan and I'm happy that Anna got a part in it. I'll most definitely watch it.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 27, 2012 3:15 pm

She did a great job as Susan. I wasn't quite happy with all she had to do in PC, but she performed it very well.
Good to see that she's still at it and getting new projects!
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby wild rose » Jul 31, 2012 11:45 am

I think Anna was a perfect Susan, I loved her performance in LWW and in PC. Again, since I was introduced to Narnia through the movies, Anna is Susan to me, I can't imagine her otherwise. She acted well (at least I thought so) and really took on the roll. I was glad they managed to stick her into VDT, and her little role there was one of the only parts of the movie that I actually enjoyed. I'm glad she's still filming and getting into new projects, it's only too bad that I haven't seen any of them :(
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby lover of narnia » Jul 31, 2012 8:44 pm

wild rose wrote:Anna is Susan to me, I can't imagine her otherwise.

This is the same for me. Even if the movies did make mistakes with adaptions and the like, the faces of their movie portrayals shall ever be lodged. Ms. Poppewell shall always be what I imagine Susan to look like.

Aslanschild wrote:That struck me as a very un-Anna-ish role for her.

I'm not sure if I'd say it was an un-Annish role. Since she did fight a great deal in PC it might not be too far a stretch. Just update her weapon a good century or so. ;)) I watched the trailer and must say I am excited for her. It is a very interesting role, to be sure, and since Halo is quite popular perhaps she will receive more roles. Despite this, she is talented and I am sure she will do a good job with what she is given.

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby MountainFireflower » Aug 16, 2012 10:22 pm

lover of narnia wrote:I'm not sure if I'd say it was an un-Annish role. Since she did fight a great deal in PC it might not be too far a stretch. Just update her weapon a good century or so. ;)) I watched the trailer and must say I am excited for her. It is a very interesting role, to be sure, and since Halo is quite popular perhaps she will receive more roles. Despite this, she is talented and I am sure she will do a good job with what she is given.

When I first found out about her involvement, it very briefly struck me as an unlikely role for her too. But then I considered something along the same lines of what Lonnie/Lilly said, and it makes sense—especially when you just need to update the weapon another century or so. ;)) (That line made me chuckle, by the way. ;)) ) We've already seen that she can portray a warrior, so it shouldn't be too big of a stretch for her.

Overall, I'm really excited that she's in more movies—every time a Narnia cast member gets another movie role I'm internally cheering them on. ;)) It just makes me really happy to see them continuing to work in the movie industry and pursuing what seems to be their dream. :) A lot of actors don't bridge the gap between child and adult successfully, so I'm glad that Will and Anna are able to do so, at the very least. I hope Skandar and Georgie and all of them, really, have the same success.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby AslansChild » Sep 07, 2012 2:29 pm

Anna Popplewell was at the premiere of Keira Knightley's new film Anna Karenina at the Empire Cinema in London.

More here: http://mundonarnia.com/galeria-de-fotos ... aEmLondres

On a random note, I wonder what you have to do to get invited to a premiere? It's not as if she's SUPER famous or anything, though she is a London-er. :)
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby fantasia » Sep 07, 2012 3:36 pm

Thanks for sharing AslansChild :)

For as much as William Moseley has changed, she hasn't changed one bit. ;)) Gorgeous as always. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby AslansChild » Sep 07, 2012 4:36 pm

Agreed. Escepially this picutre:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/-o10YvtrWXNU/UEji7 ... 00ak11.jpg

That grin. Yup, it's the same old Ms. Popplewell. :-bd
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DamselJillPole » Nov 03, 2012 6:17 pm

Here's a recent short that Anna previously participated in. It's pretty funny and cute I thought:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72fuQf1reIM&list=FLJYc33n6v2G-iDLvnQedwFw&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Also here's the youtube channel with all of the Halo 4 episodes uploaded with Anna as Chyler Silva:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MachinimaPrime

I'm going to write my review of Anna's character here. Don't read it if you don't want any spoilers before watching it.

Anna really did a great job with her character as Chyler. It was very easy to separate her from Susan Pevensie. I felt like I was watching someone completely different.

She's considered the best in her team at the academy where they are being trained to one day fight against aliens who are trying to rid the human race. What makes her character really likable is that she greatly supports the hero of the series, Thomas Lasky whom she secretly likes and reveals later on that they have romantic feelings for one another.

On that night they are attacked by a species they call the "Hunters" With only four of them left in the Academy, Chyler being one of the survivors escapes with Master Chief into the woods where they are attacked again and when you think that they are all going to make it Chyler is wounded and later dies.

For Popplewell's first death scene for a movie/series she did it very brilliantly. For all of you that thought Susan leaving Caspian was heart gripping wait until you see how this tragic love story ends for Silva and Lasky. It's truly heartbreaking. :((
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Purpleotter » Nov 26, 2012 8:27 am

I really like Susan (Anna) in the movie. Her archery skills rock! Especially in the second movie.
"Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen of Narnia"-Aslan
Purpleotter
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby AslansChild » Feb 11, 2013 9:52 am

DamselJillPole wrote:Here's a recent short that Anna previously participated in. It's pretty funny and cute I thought:

I liked that one alot, it was silly. :p
She did another one recently, that was good too:
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Jane Bennet » Apr 01, 2013 12:16 am

I really like Susan. I thought she was so sweet. :) And I can really relate to her since, like me, she is an older sister.

I think it's such a shame what happened in the seventh book. I cried.

But at least there's hope for her still. :)
Jane Bennet

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jul 03, 2013 5:56 pm

http://www.narniaweb.com/2013/06/anna-p ... to-narnia/

I know this article may be a little old, but Anna did state that she would be open for a return to the Narnia films in the future. Thoughts?

Personally, I would love to see her in an adaptation of HHB, even if just for a cameo, but I don't know how I would feel if she were in her thirties or older since the Pevensies were not much older than their twenties when they ruled in Narnia.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby De_De » Jul 04, 2013 11:42 pm

Oh I think that if possible Anna should come back to Narnia. I mean with a bit of make-up you can make anyone look younger. And even if she is going to be in her thirties, they can make her look much younger. Like in Anne of Green Gables, the actress was like 19 and they made her look 13, and did a very good job if you ask me. Of course it would only make sense if the other Pevensies agreed too.
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

Postby coracle » Jul 05, 2013 3:53 pm

Yes, there is no reason why Anna can't play Susan in HHB, as the adult Susan is in her mid 20s, according to the timeline. I think Anna will keep this look for some years now - the young beautiful confident woman look. :)

Changing a person to look younger for movies will always depend on how they actually DO look now, and what age the audience must believe they are.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

PreviousNext