This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favourite Pair Who Came to Narnia

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Which is your favourite group who came to Narnia? (limited to humans from our world)

1. Digory and Polly
10%
2. Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy
33%
3. Edmund, Eustace, and Lucy
25%
4. Eustace and Jill
27%
5. Frank and Helen
2%
6. Jadis, Uncle Andrew, Digory, Polly, and the Cabby/Frank
No votes
7. Other (explain below)
2%

Total votes : 48

Re: Favourite Pair Who Came to Narnia

Postby Hermitess of Narnia » Nov 17, 2009 5:23 pm

I chose the Pevensies and the 'other' choice. I've come up with a couple of other stories in my head about people who came to Narnia.
Hermitess of Narnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Nov 24, 2009 1:53 pm

I have to say Edmund, Eustace, and Lucy, mostly because VotDT is my favorite book! :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 12, 2012 7:55 am

I voted for Eustace and Jill.
SC is my favorite book ...

I like how we follow their journey and the adventures they go through, both in SC and in LB. They grow during their experiences - it seems that it is the shock they are given in the house of the Giants that really makes them pull themselves together, and from then on they begin to improve (whereas the Green Lady had given them a turn for the worse).

They meet such interesting people, too - the Parliament of Owls, and then of course Puddleglum, my favorite Narnian. And Tirian in LB.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby fantasia » Jul 12, 2012 8:28 am

Pretty much a big ditto to what Varnafinde said.

Jill is my favorite character in the series. Jill and Eustace's adventure in The Silver Chair is my favorite story. So I guess that defaults my favorite pairing to be Jill and Eustace. ;)) Having said that though, they also go on my least favorite adventure which is The Last Battle, so maybe that should technically average them out. ;))

There isn't a single selection on the list that I DON'T like.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jul 12, 2012 11:57 am

Jill and Eustace are my favourite pairing because of the way they play off of each other, especially in SC. They have a great give/take relationship that's fun to read. Besides that, their strengths and weaknesses match up better than any other pair, I think (such as Eustace's fear of heights vs. Jill's fear of being underground). ;)) So, top vote goes to those two.

My second choice would be the Pevensies in PC. They're all right in LWW, but as Edmund spends most of his time either sulking or captured, and then separated from the girls, we don't get as much sibling fun in it. In PC, however, we get to watch the tetrarch act as one. ;)
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Aravanna » Jul 12, 2012 12:19 pm

I went with the majority vote and picked the Pevensies followed by Jill and Eustace.

The Pevensies are just so quintessential to the Narnian series. I loved to see the sibling rivalries and interactions. How they protected and betrayed each other in LWW (although in some ways that was painful too) but how they worked so well together in PC.

Then of course Jill and Eustace get one of the best stories and they're fun to watch precisely because they DON'T work well together... they do improve towards the end of the book however. And it's funny, I forget that they're even together in LB sometimes because to me, that story is mostly about Tirian.
Aravanna
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jul 12, 2012 5:03 pm

I voted Edmund, Eustace, and Lucy in VDT. I felt that these three learned a lot from their adventure in this book, especially Eustace. :)
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby wild rose » Jul 13, 2012 5:12 am

My very favorites are Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy, they are my favorite four humans and I loved it when they had their adventures together. They are a family, which makes it even more special to me. It's so much fun to sit down and read about a family going through different advenures together. LWW is particularly my favorite, where they start out a little divided and then learn to work together and become the great kings and queens of Narnia. PC was a little bittersweet cause in he end you find out that Peter and Susan won't be coming back to Narnia and you know their adventures all together have come to an end. Edmund, Lucy and Eustace come close second for me :) though it was also biter sweet, because my favorite characters don't appear again until the last chapters of LB :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Narnian_Archer » Jul 14, 2012 9:17 am

While I love all the Narnia books and have a little something in common with just about every pair who did come to Narnia, I have to say my absolute favorite would have to be the first four Pevensies. Maybe it's because everything about Narnia is absolutely new then, since it's the first book, theoretically (if you read by the way Lewis wrote them). I guess there's this charm, this sort of magical feeling of four children discovering a completely new place, and you, as the reader, discovering it with them. Everything is strange, new, wonderful, and terrible. As everything unfolds in the book, and you discover these are not just children but real heroes in the making who become kings and queens...it just blows your mind! I just love the Pevensies!!! :) :)
sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Boy Scout » Aug 14, 2012 3:49 pm

I voted for Ed Lu and Ustace in VDt mostly because its my favorite book, but also becaused Eustace reminds me of a younger Ed in that book. Its really only because he wasn't the best of people at the begining, but I liked to see the interaction between what could be called the "old" (Edumund and Lucy) and "new" (Eustace, soon to be with Jill).
Packers=13 time Wrold Champs!

I'm not inactive, I'm just very, very, busy.
Boy Scout
NarniaWeb Junkie

Previous