This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Who Should Play Who In Future Narnias?

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Who Should Play Who In Future Narnias?

Postby Brady TIH Narnia » Mar 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Ok, so i have been thinking about this for a while now. There are 4 Narnias that have yet to be made. So who do you think should be on the upcoming cast list? If you say yourself, pls try to think of another actor/actress besides you. If not, that is fine. I shall start. Douglas Gresham thought in The Illustrated Movie Companion of LWW that Andrew Adamson should be Puddlegum in the Silver Chair. I think that Jon Foreman, lead singer of Switchfoot (they perform the amazing song "This Is Home" in Prince Caspian) would also make a good Puddlegum. On the cover of "Switchfoot: The Best Yet", Jon Foreman looked just like a younger version of Andrew Adamson. ;;)
Thor "Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard and my brother!" Black Widow "he killed 80 people in 2 days" Thor "he's adopted"
Brady TIH Narnia
NarniaWeb Newbie

Location: Southern California, United States of Awesome! ish.

Re: Who Should Play Who In Future Narnias?

Postby MountainFireflower » Mar 30, 2012 11:32 am

Hi Brady TIH Narnia! Welcome to NarniaWeb! It's good to have you here.

That's a really unique idea! I must admit that I've never thought about Jon Foreman playing Puddleglum. However, since I'm a big fan of Switchfoot, I would definitely not be opposed to it, as long as he could act.

Another casting idea that I saw once in another thread here and really liked was the idea of casting Harry Lloyd as Rilian. Harry Lloyd is a favorite actor of mine, and I really loved his role in BBC's TV show of Robin Hood. Judging by how good his performance was in Robin Hood, I could definitely see him pulling off the strong emotions needed for Rilian's role in The Silver Chair.

Another suggestion for Rilian that I've seen mentioned is Charlie Cox. I saw him in Stone of Destiny, and I think he could pull off the complex role as well. He and Harry Lloyd are both British actors, which is a plus.

One thing I think would be neat, whoever ends up playing Rilian, is if he looks at least a little like Ben Barnes. That would help carry on the continuity of Rilian being Caspian's son.

Pretty much all the points I made have been discussed before in old threads, but I'm hoping this will help spark a bit of discussion and revive excitement about future Narnia films -- whenever they are made.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Mar 30, 2012 11:41 am

It's kind of hard to decide who should be in future Narnia films as I believe that the series is more likely to be rebooted in a few years instead of continuing on from where it left off.

But there are a few casting choices I personally would love to see. ;))

Eva Green as the Lady of the Green Kirtle.
Steve Coogan as Uncle Andrew

I know I had a good idea for Shift once, but I can't think of who it was now. ;))

Welcome to NarniaWeb Brady!
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby MountainFireflower » Mar 30, 2012 11:52 am

I just looked up Eva Green on IMDb. I think she would make a great LotGK. The only objection I have is that she was already in a major fantasy film, The Golden Compass. However, that never really turned into a franchise so I think it would be okay.

Another suggestion for LotGK from old casting threads was Evangeline Lilly. However, since she's now been cast as one of the elves in The Hobbit, I think her presence in a Narnia film is pretty unlikely.

Steve Coogan would make a brilliant Uncle Andrew! He's the closest actor I've seen that fits the way I always pictured Uncle Andrew.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Mar 30, 2012 11:55 am

Yeah, I wanted Eva Green prior to her being cast in Golden Compass and then they stole her *pouts*. :P ;)) But I figure with a change in hair color (I always imagined red or blonde) and makeup, she could still be in Narnia without everyone going "Hey, it's the witch from Golden Compass!!!" Just look at Katniss in Hunger Games. ;)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Stylteralmaldo » Mar 30, 2012 5:06 pm

I don't think they would need "re-boot" the project. They could easily do HAHB with the original members of the cast as the Pevensies would be older and are older in that story anyway. The same would hold true for LB.

One character that would need replacing really would be Eustace for SC. That could be done and I don't think fans would mind too much.

As far as Jadis, you may need a new character for her by 2014-2015 or so. That could be a little tougher given how visible she's been in the series so far. But perhaps it could be done with the same actress as well.

My nickname emoji: :@)

...Let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity,...with instruction about ablutions, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. (Hebrews 6:1-2)
Stylteralmaldo
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Bloodlines Guru

Postby Sheroo of Stormness Head » Mar 30, 2012 7:21 pm

@Stylteralmaldo: Just saying though, Jadis is supposed to be older looking in MN than in LWW because she ate the apple that gave her eternal youth...so I've thought it appropriate that MN will be made later than LWW because of this fact. So I personally wouldn't mind, and would actually rather, Tilda play the witch in MN.

I like the idea of Harry Lloyd being Rilian! I like how he portrayed Will Scarlet (BBC Robin Hood) too, so I think he'd do a great job.
Sheroo of Stormness Head
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Brady TIH Narnia » Apr 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Wow! i got more replies than i thought i would, thank u all for ur kind welcomes! and has anyone noticed that ben barnes in voyage of the dawn treader looks alot like orlando bloom in pirates of the caribbean? just sayin. if not, since bloom is also in LOTR, rupert friend (prince albert in the young victoria & mr wickham in pride & prejudice w keira knightly) looks just like orlando bloom but with blue eyes. so there are two more thoughts as to who might make a good Rillian. @Mountain Fireflower...i love ur sig! "so i close my eyes and go back in time, i can see you smiling, you're so alive"... @Stylteralmaldo...great verse ;;)
Thor "Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard and my brother!" Black Widow "he killed 80 people in 2 days" Thor "he's adopted"
Brady TIH Narnia
NarniaWeb Newbie

Location: Southern California, United States of Awesome! ish.

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Apr 27, 2012 10:35 pm

I like Eva Green and I totally forgot she was in The Golden Compass. It goes to show how forgettable the movie was (the book was actually pretty good). I don't think there would be any problem with Green being in The Silver Chair. She's pretty and talented. She's innocent-looking but has a dangerous undercurrent. And her eyes are hypnotic. :)
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Sheroo of Stormness Head » May 01, 2012 1:42 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:I don't think there would be any problem with Green being in The Silver Chair. She's pretty and talented. She's innocent-looking but has a dangerous undercurrent. And her eyes are hypnotic. :)

Well, with a last name like Green, who else should play the Lady of GREEN Kirtle?

...Sorry, couldn't resist. :D
Sheroo of Stormness Head
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Atarah » May 01, 2012 7:16 pm

I nominate Matt Smith to play Puddleglum, and here's why:
[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjnht1k8M7w [/youtube] (Warning: Contains one extremely brief instance of language - a synonym for condemnation used as typically incorrect as usual these days. Yes, I'm a grammar nazi. ;) )

The Pandorica speech is one of the latest (and in my opinion the best) in a long line of awesome Doctor Who speeches, and Matt's delivery is masterful. I can totally hear him making Puddleglum's famous speech every bit as epic.

Not only that, but as anyone who's played Doctor 5-11 knows, Tom Baker is a tough act to follow. So who better to follow in the Doctor's footprints as Puddleglum than the Doctor himself?
http://www.persecution.com
http://www.freegao.com
"Jesus, I have no name. Allow me to bear Your name." -Richard Wurmbrand
Atarah
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jun 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Since any future Narnia films will most definitely be independent, it's hard to tell how much can be spent on any actors and actresses, but good topic to discuss. :)

I have yet to see more than just clips of Matt Smith acting, but he looks to have potential for Puddleglum. Since it will a few years before another film is made, just give him some time to age, and we'll see.

Now, a suggestion I have made before on the now closed Cabby/Frank topic is Iwan Rheon. Now that I look at it, I think he could also be some other Narnian or something. :)
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby MountainFireflower » Jun 14, 2012 3:35 pm

With the new Spiderman coming out, my attention has been drawn to Andrew Garfield. I could easily see him playing Rilian or Tirian. He seems to have the intensity to portray the darker moments in SC & LB, but he also seems to have a lightheartedness about him that would make a great balance. I'm not sure how much he'll age in 7 years, but he's young enough now that the aging process might not be too bad. I would hope that the passage of time would make him look even more mature enough to bear a kingly role.

I haven't seen him in anything (yet) so I can't testify as to his acting skills, but he seems to be off to a great start with the Spiderman franchise. I can't wait to see how his career blossoms, regardless of whether he's in Narnia or not.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Lilygloves » Jun 24, 2012 6:13 pm

I think it would be hard to imagine Andrew Garfield as anyone but Spiderman, but hey, give it enough time and I'm sure that's possible.
As I try to think of someone to play Rilian or any other Narnian character, I am trying to focus on British actors but the only ones I can think of are David Tennant and Matt Smith from Doctor Who. :D
I am among the Narniawebbers that still imagine Andrew Adamson as Puddleglum, thanks to the LWW movie companion.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby AslansChild » Jul 03, 2012 7:56 pm

What about Benedict Cumberbatch?

I think he would make a good Uncle Andrew for MN or Puddleglum for SC.
For Uncle Andrew, I always kinda pictured him as Count Olaf in Lemony Snickett's The Series of Unfortunate Events: Tall, really skinny, with gray hair and an "I don't care." attitude. Cumberbatch seems to do the attitude well, based of off Sherlock. And he's played a wide variety of characters, in Amazing Grace, his character ages significantly, from a young man to an old man on his death-bed. Big change. For Puddleglum, I imagined about the same concept: tall and skinny; although I also pictured him to be rather dumb. :p But still heroic, in a stupid kind of way. Don't know if he could play stupid very well...

And what about that lady from Snow White & the Huntsman? If she had red-ish hair, I think she'd make a good Lady of the Green Kirtle. I've never seen her act, but she certainly has the creepy factor down. :p

"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jul 24, 2012 7:25 pm

Patrick Stewart would be the most awesome Puddleglum to ever grace our screen, I'm quite convinced. He'd also make a pretty good Aslan, so you know, they've got plenty of options. :D Or, if Patrick Stewart's busy, I'd enjoy seeing Arthur Darvill (Rory Williams of DW) in the role of Puddleglum.

Benedict Cumberbatch would make an excellent Uncle Andrew--great idea, AslansChild!
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Next