This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

General Movie Questions

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Is it true there are to be no more movies made?

Postby fantasia » Feb 14, 2012 7:52 am

Mother Rose wrote:Does anyone think the voices of the few could change minds?

Hello Mother Rose. :) No, I'm afraid not. The reason the films will not continue to be made at this point in time is because the rights of the films reverted from Walden Media back to the C.S. Lewis Estate. The Estate is required by law to wait for a certain period of time (we don't know how long) until they can sell them again to a new film company.

But I will also add that as soon as those rights are available again, you can bet someone out there will be interested in picking them up and making more movies. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Re: General Movie Questions

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Feb 14, 2012 3:05 pm

The Estate is required by law to wait for a certain period of time (we don't know how long) until they can sell them again to a new film company.

Didn't Douglas Gresham mention back in the October 2011 interview that while they "cannot immediately start production on another Narnia film", that hopefully, production on another could begin in "3 or 4 years" time"? :-\ Unless there has been an even longer announced time? Since then, I have always assumed that mid- to late 2014 is the earliest production could begin on another Narnia film at the earliest.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lion's Emblem » Feb 14, 2012 9:46 pm

Sorry to step away from the current conversation, but I'm going to do it (because I finally found the right place to put this :) ).

I've been wondering for some time what the official star ratings for Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader are. I've researched the star ratings online, but all I seem to come up with is general "viewer" ratings. That's all well and good, but I really want to know the official ratings. I only know that LWW received a 3.5 out of 4. Does anyone knows what the ratings are for PC and VDT, or where I could find this out? I would really appreciate it.
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby darkhorseD » May 21, 2012 6:52 pm

you could probably find them at http://www.rottentomatoes.com/
Tick tock, tick tock
Goes the clock
Here comes your final hour

Best use it well
But remember yourselves
The worlds left in its wake
darkhorseD
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby darkhorseD » May 27, 2012 8:10 pm

So, is there a chance that they'll do another Narnia movie in the near future?
Tick tock, tick tock
Goes the clock

Best use it well
But remember yourselves
darkhorseD
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby daughter of the King » May 28, 2012 7:27 am

Not in the near future, no. Read the latest story for more information: http://www.narniaweb.com/2012/05/gresham-shares-plans-for-next-narnia-film/

Do keep in mind that this story is based on a report from another Narnia site that did not provide a lot of information on what Douglas Gresham said so the exact restrictions and the reasons for Walden not making another Narnia movie are not completely clear. However, we do know that legally another Narnia movie cannot be made by a studio other than Walden for a set period of time (seven years) and Walden is not making another Narnia movie.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Lion's Emblem » May 29, 2012 8:28 pm

Thanks for the link darkhorseD, but rottentomatoes doesn't exactly list what I'm looking for- they just have a rating list by viewers and by critics, not the actual star rating which is what I'm looking for. Thanks though for taking the time to post the link.
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby darkhorseD » May 31, 2012 6:18 am

daughter of the King wrote:Not in the near future, no. Read the latest story for more information: http://www.narniaweb.com/2012/05/gresham-shares-plans-for-next-narnia-film/

Do keep in mind that this story is based on a report from another Narnia site that did not provide a lot of information on what Douglas Gresham said so the exact restrictions and the reasons for Walden not making another Narnia movie are not completely clear. However, we do know that legally another Narnia movie cannot be made by a studio other than Walden for a set period of time (seven years) and Walden is not making another Narnia movie.

Thanks for the update, I'm pretty annoyed with these people for making us wait another seven years

Lion's Emblem wrote:Thanks for the link darkhorseD, but rottentomatoes doesn't exactly list what I'm looking for- they just have a rating list by viewers and by critics, not the actual star rating which is what I'm looking for. Thanks though for taking the time to post the link.

No problem, although I thought it did have the star ratings, I'll keep looking
Tick tock, tick tock
Goes the clock

Best use it well
But remember yourselves
darkhorseD
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Ithilwen » Jun 30, 2012 11:57 pm

Lion's Emblem wrote:That's all well and good, but I really want to know the official ratings.

What do you mean by "official ratings"? :-\ Is there some group of people or society that rates movies, and their vote is considered more official than general sites or viewers? Or are you talking about box office numbers?

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Lion's Emblem » Jul 05, 2012 7:35 pm

Ithilwen, sorry, I should be more specific. Actually, I'm not sure of the actual rating name or who it is that officially rates the films, but there's usually a star rating in film reviews when they are first released - I usually look to the reviews in newspapers and the star rating corresponds with each. The same star rating pops up as well when the film plays on television (in the tv guide, they list the film title, then the star rating, sometimes an actor or two, and then a very brief synopsis). I know that LWW had at least a 3 out of 4 stars (it might have even been a 3.5) and I believe PC had a 3 out of 4, but I can never find anything for VDT (the film review in the newspaper didn't list a star rating when it was first relelased, so I waited for the tv listing hoping for an answer, but the title is too long, so it always fails to be listed).

Anyway, sorry for the ramble. It's not a big deal in the long run, but it's sort of my own way to compare the Narnia films (or any film for that matter when there's a series). To me, it's more official than just some random gather of user posts saying what they would rate a film (meh, sorry, but the general viewer doesn't matter to me). Who knows? Maybe the info. isn't even out there at all. Oh well, I was just wondering if anybody had any insight.
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Adeona » Sep 23, 2012 11:54 pm

I just noticed on IMDB that VoDT was included in episode III of Great Movie Mistakes - a TV movie which highlights movie goofs. Does anyone know which goof/mistake was used for the show?
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby Purpleotter » Dec 31, 2012 10:58 pm

Was Prince Caspian filmed in New Zealand like the first movie was?
"Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen of Narnia"-Aslan
Purpleotter
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby daughter of the King » Jan 01, 2013 9:25 am

Parts of it, yes. For a full list of the PC filming locations, check out this pretty amazing Google map: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=102252476891110610375.000472d4f2bc9b6219a58&ll=-36.851844,175.822768&spn=0.001221,0.002401&t=h&z=19
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Narnia Online

Postby jewel » Oct 16, 2013 12:02 pm

What are other Narnia websites like this one?
jewel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby daughter of the King » Oct 16, 2013 5:52 pm

I like to think that the Narniaweb community is pretty unique, but if you're looking for other Narnia fansites, narniafans.com and aslanscountry.com are the two most prominent sites other than Narniaweb.
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

The Lamppost

Postby rcallicotte » Nov 17, 2013 10:09 am

I'm very curious if anyone at all would have information about how the official Narnian Lamppost appears. This can include color, shape, light, etc. I'm thinking about doing something for Christmas in 3D with this lamppost and certainly want to get it correct.
rcallicotte
NarniaWeb Newbie

PreviousNext