This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

5 Movies instead of 7

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

Re: 5 Movies instead of 7

Postby PuddleCheep » May 19, 2011 6:36 pm

In actuality, I don't see them skipping any of the books.

SC: The Silver Chair is a very important book. It finishes off the Caspian trilogy and shows him as the only Narnian (besides Aslan of course) to get into our world. Also, it contains the appearance of one of the best loved and well known character from the books, Puddleglum. He is just too good to pass up. It would be a crime! Last but not least, it introduces Jill. If they just introduced her in LB, her character development and love for Narnia wouldn't be the same.

HHB: In a way, HHB is a prequel/sequel book. And we all know how people love prequel movies. It shows us that's there's more to this world than Narnia. Secondly, it probably has the most fairy tale like story of all the 7 books. Rags to riches movies are pretty popular IMO. Plus, it includes the Pevensies and gives more detail into what their reign was like. I have no doubt if they make a film of this, they'll pump up the advertise for the Pevensie part. They'll probably put Peter in the movie too. (If they did that, I wouldn't mind. I'd actually like it.)

We all know that Walden and Mr. Gresham want to do films of all 7 books. It's just how they're going to do it is the problem. We may not get them in the publishing order, but if the franchise still has power, we'll see 7 Narnia movies!
PuddleCheep
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 02, 2011 2:16 am

It is important to the fans that all 7 movies are made... and I'm sure Gresham and the filmmakers want to make all 7...

But if they know it isn't possible to pull off that many movies in the franchise successfully, I could easily see them saying, "Well, 5 movies in all is better than no more at all." Which is true in a way... I guess. :(

I think we'll have to wait and see how MN negotiations go before we can know any more.

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Anhun » Jul 02, 2011 10:21 am

Ithilwen wrote:"Well, 5 movies in all is better than no more at all." Which is true in a way... I guess. :(

Unfortunately, for my purposes, if they skip SC and HHB, they might as well not make any more. I'll probably rent MN, if and when it comes out on DVD, out of curiosity, and so that I can talk knowledgeably about the film, but I won't spend my hard earned cash to see it in theatres, and I'll definitely skip LB altogether.

For now, I'm still clinging to a hope that I'll some day see a film version of HHB. :ymsigh:
Anhun
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Stylteralmaldo » Jul 21, 2011 8:41 am

I really don't think they will skip SC. After all, they did hint at Jill Pole's arrival at the end of VDT when Eustace's mom called for him and indicated that Jill Pole had arrived at their house. Why give the fans such false hope if they were to drop such a subtle hint?

My nickname emoji: :@)

...Let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity,...with instruction about ablutions, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. (Hebrews 6:1-2)
Stylteralmaldo
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Bloodlines Guru

Postby merytneith » Jul 21, 2011 10:45 pm

The way SC and LB are set up, it may actually make more sense for them to be made closely together- not to mention give the Pevensies time to grow up a bit more so they look more like the ages they are.
Also given the introduction of the Calormenes in HHB, it may make sense to make it before SC and LB. So already we have HHB, SC and LB neatly in order. And doing MN makes sense for them to get over their White Witch obsession.
merytneith
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Anhun » Jul 22, 2011 11:13 pm

^Now this may be a moot point, with more rumors about the death of the franchise, but, as a matter of logic, how would making SC 6th rather than 4th give the Pevensies time to grow up? The Pevensies aren't in SC. Also, the Calormenes aren't in SC either, so why would HHB need to come before SC?
Anhun
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Jul 31, 2011 3:20 pm

Because MN, HHB, SC then LB would be in a logical sequence, time-wise. The way I see it happening is that if MN is to be the next one, it is because it gives more future options to incorporate, not only MN, itself, but also HHB and SC before finishing the series with LB. MN is probably the only other one apart from SC which could logically follow on from VDT, if and only if, you remember that Peter was staying with Professor Kirk, whilst Edmund and Lucy were staying with Eustace.

If they do SC next, to go back to MN would be harder, something which defeated BBC as well. Moreover, the only logical one to follow SC really is LB. Depending on how well MN performs then the film makers still have the option of doing either HHB or SC afterwards. If SC there is a strong likelihood that HHB will never be done, whether or not LB is considered.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Lilygloves » Aug 29, 2011 10:16 am

You can't really skip any of the books beside HHB. Each book introduces a new character. LWW introduces the Pevensies for PC, which introduces Caspian for VDT, which introduces Eustace for SC, which introduces Jill for LB. The only books they could really get away with not doing are HHB and MN. But it wouldn't make sense if you skipped SC. How would LB turn out if we don't really know Jill?
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby D-T » Oct 08, 2011 8:17 am

I remember hearing in an interveiw that Will P. wanted to do SC.
it wouldn't surprise me if they skipped LB but if they skipped SC that would just be wrong.
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSS
D-T
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: My head is in the clouds, Im not really sure what the rest of me is doing...

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Oct 11, 2011 2:50 pm

I could understand skipping HHB (if Walden still owned the rights, that is) since it is not too essential to the plot, although I'll admit that the Calormenes play a big part in LB, it may be best to introduce them in HHB so we can get a feel of them. Then again, having no knowledge of a foreign invader could give a film version some more suspense and mystery.

I could not imagine Walden Media or whoever else that would gain rights to the series ever skipping The Silver Chair as a film. The Silver Chair has too many major plot points, such as Jill Pole and Father Time. They may as well not continue on with the series if the film makers decided to do that.

Besides, it's Douglas Gresham's dream to see all 7 books translated to screen. We'll just have to wait and see what happens in the future.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby D-T » Oct 12, 2011 6:23 am

ugh, that's what I hate, WAITING!! :(
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSS
D-T
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: My head is in the clouds, Im not really sure what the rest of me is doing...

Previous