This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Edmund - Skandar Keynes

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Edmund - Skandar Keynes

Postby Evelyn » Jun 27, 2011 10:18 am

Once they threw out the best plot and replaced it with the dreadful GM and S7 plot, they gave Edmund a plot that really didn't fit in if put in the book. I could live with Peter's added in plot in PC because I eventually able to see Christian meanings in it, and it may have not been C. S. Lewis's choice, but it worked. But Ed's plot didn't was more humanistic, and besides the "don't be tempted" lesson, I didn't learn anything great from it.

Yeah, I agree with you there, Shastafan. Peter's plot changed worked, Edmund's (and Lucy's for that matter) didn't. They shouldn't have even tried changing them.
Merry Christmas!

"I'm here to save Elizabeth!" ~ Will Turner
Evelyn
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby MountainFireflower » Sep 05, 2011 9:15 am

MOD NOTE: A couple people posted in here wishing Skandar a happy birthday, so I went ahead and moved them to the Happy Birthday Skandar thread instead. :) You can find your posts here.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Edmund_The_Just » Sep 05, 2011 11:14 am

Great idea, I should have thought of opening a new thread. Thanks for moving the posts to the right place, MountainFireflower!!! :)
Edmund_The_Just
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby eustacegirl » Sep 20, 2011 4:20 pm

I like the face Edmund made when he told the Witch she was dead. He was really holding fast and you could tell.
eustacegirl
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Elanor » Sep 21, 2011 9:32 am

I absolutely LOVE the time in VDT when Drinian mentions Sea Serpents, and Edmund says "Sea Serpents?!". I never really noticed it in the movie, but I as a sig on here, and so I noticed this time through the movie. He makes the funniest/cutest face!! It's so sweet. :D He looks like a little, happy boy.
NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Weirdo » Sep 24, 2011 8:35 am

I think that, while his character was different in the book, they did a good job on Edmund in VDT. I liked how you could tell at times that he was scared, but he still didn't let that get in the way. Also, in the book he acted a lot more like a little kid.
At Deathwater Island, I believe that he was mainly offended by the way Caspian told him what to do. If you think about it, he was also thinking of Lucy.
I think that Skandar Keynes was the perfect choice, by the way. He's just how I imagined Edmund. :D
Member of the Switchfoot Club! :D
NW siblings: wild rose, DeDe, The Jedi Clone, Melian Maia, Gathmandais, TheDwarfMan, and csjesi.
I'm a Northie! :D
Member of Loki's Army
Aegrenil, fifth Time Guardian.
Weirdo
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Catching Sherlock Holmes with a lasso as he falls, of course!

Postby Chocolate123 » Oct 03, 2011 11:23 am

omp Everyone is just so right i kind of didn't like the bit in the new film when edmund like put that shell into the water and looked very very freaky and his eyes are really round when caspian finished talking. FREAKY!!!! :) ;) :ymblushing: :-s
Chocolate123
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby 220chrisTian » Oct 03, 2011 12:01 pm

Welcome, Chocolate123! :ymhug: [name - lol]

Edmund's eyes in the Goldwater scene REALLY creeped me out too. :-s But he was also thinking of Lucy. Still, where would they live, in England, if they didn't live with Eustace? :-\
220chrisTian

Postby decarus » Oct 06, 2011 9:38 pm

I am not really a fan of Skander as Edmund. He has always been the worst of the four. I just think he has issues speaking properly. I do think that there was improvement for him in VotDT, but the film was not good and his characterization was very disconnected, but i would agree that wasn't completely his fault.
There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.
decarus
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby 220chrisTian » Oct 27, 2011 12:53 pm

@decarus: you're not a fan of Skandar as Edmund?! He's the worst of the four?! Skandar was perfect as Ed in LWW and PC! He and Georgie were the best Pevensies!

Like you, I didn't like Skandar so much in VDT, but I blame the scriptwriters. They misunderstood Edmund's character arc. I'm just angry now. X(

There's been no news on Skandar in ages, except that the fall term at Cambridge has already started and he's rumored to have a new girlfriend. :p

Anyway, I started a Christmas project for Skandar. The deadline is December 1. Click here for details and send something in! :)
220chrisTian

Postby puddleglum32 » Jan 26, 2012 5:35 pm

decarus wrote:I am not really a fan of Skander as Edmund. He has always been the worst of the four. I just think he has issues speaking properly. I do think that there was improvement for him in VotDT, but the film was not good and his characterization was very disconnected, but i would agree that wasn't completely his fault.

I agree with you entirely, I mean he just seemed like he could be doing other things than being Edmund.

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby aragorn2 » Jan 28, 2012 9:46 am

I am not really a fan of Skander as Edmund. He has always been the worst of the four.

I always thought that Ed was Lucy were the best portrayed of the Pevensies in the first 2 films, VDT doesn't really count because even good acting can't redeem a lot of the lines they were given.
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Sheroo of Stormness Head » Jan 31, 2012 8:17 pm

decarus wrote:I am not really a fan of Skander as Edmund. He has always been the worst of the four. I just think he has issues speaking properly. I do think that there was improvement for him in VotDT, but the film was not good and his characterization was very disconnected, but i would agree that wasn't completely his fault.

Really? You don't think Skandar did a good job as Edmund? Wow. I didn't even think that whether or not his acting was amazing was really in question! :-o ;) I personally (you're obviously welcome to disagree!) think he's the best of the four. :D Is there something in particular that you don't like about his acting style? I love how he acts basically only with his eyes.

220chrisTian wrote:Edmund's eyes in the Goldwater scene REALLY creeped me out too.

I know! Isn't that amazing in that scene? It makes that scene and Edmund's actions in that scene stand out as completely odd and out of place of his usually very gentlemanly and kind disposition.
Sheroo of Stormness Head
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby 220chrisTian » Mar 04, 2012 9:27 pm

@Sheroo: you noticed Skandar's eyes too? Skandar does so much with his eyes and facial expressions in all three Narnia films. They're pivotal scenes that advance the plot, plus change the tone and Edmund's relationships with other characters. Skandar does all of that with his eyes and face. If you don't know what I mean, people, watch the movies again! [I also think Skandar and Georgie are the best actors of the four Pevensies. :) ]

NEWS
1. Skandar is NOT on Twitter so all accounts are fake.
2. He doesn't like some fanmail from Christian fans.
3. I think I may have found another photo of him from that Sarah Dunn shoot in October 2010.

Originals
http://skandar-keynes.com/news_item.php?id=27
http://www.gaytimes.co.uk/Magazine/InTh ... d-744.html [Warning: some images are NOT family friendly!]

My website
http://www.skandarandgeorgie.com/2012/0 ... s-to-fans/
http://www.skandarandgeorgie.com/2012/0 ... nes-photo/
http://www.skandarandgeorgie.com/wp-con ... d_9274.gif
220chrisTian

Postby Edmund_The_Just » Mar 09, 2012 4:07 pm

I definitely agree with both of you, Sheroo of Stormness Head and 220chrisTian. I always thought Skandar's acting was outstanding and something you can't really put into words at the same time. Particularly in PC, where he wasn't given much text, his acting was impressive. He really understands how to express feelings with his face, especially his eyes ;).

Sheroo of Stormness Head wrote:I know! Isn't that amazing in that scene? It makes that scene and Edmund's actions in that scene stand out as completely odd and out of place of his usually very gentlemanly and kind disposition.

I couldn't have described it any better! I know that most people don't like Goldwater, but actually it's one of my favourite scenes in VDT :) .
Edmund_The_Just
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby eustacegirl » Mar 31, 2012 8:09 pm

I could tell Ed was sorry for the way he was and his character grew alot even in VDT. I'm sure Skandar wouldn't mind Christian fanmail if we don't bring up Darwin.
eustacegirl
NarniaWeb Zealot

PreviousNext