This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Eustace in the Silver Chair

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

Re: Eustace in the Silver Chair

Postby Eustace » Sep 02, 2011 11:05 pm

Okay, it wasn't that bad on Peter, so, it shouldn't be that bad on Eustace.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby D-T » Sep 18, 2011 10:50 am

if they re-cast Will ALOT of people will complain, and I think they would like to avoid that, don't you? plus, since Will is an actor I thinks he can pull it off
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSS
D-T
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: My head is in the clouds, Im not really sure what the rest of me is doing...

Postby Jill_Pole » Oct 03, 2011 5:01 pm

Agreed Eustace!
And totally agreed D-T!
If they just get their pants into gear and greenlight it, the magic won't be lost!
Jill_Pole
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby D-T » Oct 03, 2011 6:08 pm

one other thing I should point out is that Will is 18!! :-o
and they could cast an older Jill, but if you get right down to it, C.S. Lewis refers to them as children, and is Will is 18 and if they cast a Jill that is 16-18 then they will be too old to play the parts right. but I did like how Will played Eustace, he was perfect! :) but if they make the Silver Chair and he is 23 that would just be weird! :-s
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSS
D-T
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: My head is in the clouds, Im not really sure what the rest of me is doing...

Postby Jill_Pole » Oct 06, 2011 5:38 pm

I agree, they could film two films at the same time with different directors or they could do them back to back!

I think he could look 15-17 if he grew his hair, and if the cast tall actors to put next to him to make him look a bit shorter.
And if they wanted to be very sneaky, they could up size the set a little bit to make him look younger :P
Jill_Pole
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby D-T » Oct 06, 2011 6:07 pm

I think it would be very difficult to do 2 movies at once, back to back maybe if they have it in the budget.
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSS
D-T
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Oct 07, 2011 1:56 pm

Now that we know it will be a few years before another Narnia film will come, that is, if somebody wants to, I think there is a strong chance that Will Poulter will be recast.

I loved him as Eustace, but he is an actor with a career, and he is likely to get more options for films in the future, and if the series isn't to come back to the big screen within like 5 years or less, I think Will Poulter will be too old to play Eustace. But you never know.

Alas, don't be so sad if this does happen. I will be too, but hey, there are certainly many other young brilliant actors in the making right now. ;)
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby coracle » Oct 07, 2011 2:56 pm

On the other hand, Will isn't going to get a lot older looking than he is now, for some years. So if they played him as 15 (as Will M did for Peter) then it would be possible. He was played as 13 or so in VDT, a kid whose voice has not broken and who has not done much growing.
I know that the SC book has him only a few months older than VDT, but the time lapse could be extended to a year at school since the VDT events.

If not, then I will want to see an actor who looks a lot like Will, because I would want a very good sense of continuity!
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby wolfloversk » Oct 09, 2011 7:59 pm

Agreed coracle :) After all I think a lot of us forget that Ben, Will, and Anna were all in their 20's in PC. So I think they should just do that :)
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Movie Aristotle » Oct 11, 2011 1:33 pm

If SC starts filming within the next 5 years they can keep Will as Eustace. If SC starts filming within the next 10 years they will either need to rewrite the opening so that Eustace and Jill are at college, or they will need to recast Eustace, and only Eustace. If filming takes place after 15 years, then it is likely that everyone will have to be recast.
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby D-T » Oct 13, 2011 3:31 pm

Movie Aristotle wrote:If SC starts filming within the next 5 years they can keep Will as Eustace. If SC starts filming within the next 10 years they will either need to rewrite the opening so that Eustace and Jill are at college, or they will need to recast Eustace, and only Eustace. If filming takes place after 15 years, then it is likely that everyone will have to be recast.

Jill and Eustace in collage? hmmm... that would be... Intersteing... ( =)) )
I wish we could just walk up to Walden (if they still have the rights) and slap them in the face and say: "hurry up and make the next Nanria film already!!"
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSS
D-T
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Eustace » Mar 05, 2012 8:04 am

The college idea is an interesting thought. :-\ Well, I hope some even if it isn't Walden picks up the series soon. I still would like Will Poulter if there is any hope left for him to be Eustace in SC.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby stateofgreen » Mar 17, 2012 10:41 am

Eustace and Jill in college? Uh....not sure about that....it would have be a totally non-Narnia film if that happened. 8-|

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby D-T » Mar 17, 2012 12:52 pm

stateofgreen wrote:Eustace and Jill in college? Uh....not sure about that....it would have be a totally non-Narnia film if that happened. 8-|

Yeah, that would be-odd... I'm pretty picky about how close the movies are to the book, I was sorely disapointed with PC. And honestly, I'm not sure how many people out there that can pull Eustace off, I mean you would think he wouldn't be that hard. but acting and getting the right personality into a character is very hard.
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSS
D-T
NarniaWeb Regular

Previous